Linus is back on GNOME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
    You fail to understand the logic: When Linus decides to try a new DE there will be blood. The left out DE is DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMed
    If this is your logic Gnome was already doomed, because Linus already made Gnome the leftout DE. So now Linus is using a zombie DE?
    And who cares, we all now that alternative WMs, namely those that adapt to your style of using a computer, will win, not those that force their vision on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
      If this is your logic Gnome was already doomed, because Linus already made Gnome the leftout DE. So now Linus is using a zombie DE?
      And who cares, we all now that alternative WMs, namely those that adapt to your style of using a computer, will win, not those that force their vision on you.
      No he resurrected gnome and buried KDE. Because gnome offers you the most extendable desktop and not a binary prison like KDE. True story, Bro!!!!!!!

Comment

No he resurrected gnome and buried KDE. Because gnome offers you the most extendable desktop and not a binary prison like KDE. True story, Bro!!!!!!!
        You still haven't actually explained what sort of things Gnome could be extended to do that KDE can't.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlackCat View Post
          You still haven't actually explained what sort of things Gnome could be extended to do that KDE can't.
          Well we already talked about the tiling windows extensions. And how dare you go against Linus? Linus says gnome extensions are better than the po-po plasmoids.

Comment

Well we already talked about the tiling windows extensions. And how dare you go against Linus? Linus says gnome extensions are better than the po-po plasmoids.
            KDE had tiling introduced with KDE 4.5, no extension needed, officially supported by KDE. But who cares, If I want tiling (which I do) I use a tiling WM, they are specialized to do that and therefore do it better.
            But anyways, Linus is (actually: was) a kernel developer, so how comes that people give any weight to what he thinks about desktops? Would you give a f*** what your janitor thinks about interior design? Those are totally different fields and I can't see any expertise for Linus in the field of DEs, so who cares what he is using? I still doubt that anyone here use uemacs, just because he does and I see no one switching to Fedora just because Linus does use it.

Comment

Well we already talked about the tiling windows extensions.
              The correct answer, of course, is that KDE can be extended to provide window tiling.

Comment

so linux is back in gnome it means it will be a good news for hackers

Comment

Originally posted by shruti001 View Post
                  so linux is back in gnome it means it will be a good news for hackers

Comment

Working...
                  X