Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Linux Users Are Saying About GNOME In 2012 (Part 1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by funkSTAR View Post
    LOL. I highly doubt your story differs from the majority. It is so easy to fork, rant and hate in an unjust manner. When it comes to easy desktop file maanagement Nautilus 3.6 is so much more pleasant in day to day use.
    he said he didn't like the 3.6 version (and wished he could still use 3.4), i gave a recommendation for how to solve that problem. (you got a problem with that?)

WTF are you talking about??? (note how i also mentioned that i use 3.6 - u slow, bro?)

Best part; It is entirely possible to USE Nautilus 3.6 and PRETEND you hate it on the forums. Of course the hate is dying rather quickly by now. The "fork batshit bataillion" is going nowhere and Ubuntu moved on.
    Again, WTF are you talking about (?), i like nautilus just fine (since i am using it). nor did i make some accusion that it is unusable, dummy. (that was whom i was responding to :\ ) I made nothing more than a minor critique of the removal of the toolbar code (note: not menubar code)... which i only make because part of the styling of my local theme, used to use the toolbar quite nicely.

'the best part' is how silly you make yourself look by drawing conclusions that have no basis in reality, tard.

Plus, i do don't need to sit here and hate on gnome in the forums, if i don't like how something looks or works, i either A) use something else or B) modify it to my liking. For example, I am not a big fan of the upstream version of gnome-system-monitor - it does not match my theme and looks like crap. So instead, i have my own version;

Last edited by ninez; 23 December 2012, 01:11 AM.

Comment

WTF are you talking about??? (note how i also mentioned that i use 3.6 - u slow, bro?)
      Thanks for your heart warming insults and merry Christmas to you! Im no slow, but Im here to give you a hint. I wasnt commenting to you, i simply quoted you. And that was because I thought you wrote something important. "I hate this version and was about change it, but now I changed my mind."

Nautilus 3.6 was hated and forked before people even tried it.

Comment

Thanks for your heart warming insults and merry Christmas to you! Im no slow, but Im here to give you a hint. I wasnt commenting to you, i simply quoted you. And that was because I thought you wrote something important. "I hate this version and was about change it, but now I changed my mind."
        except that isn't what i said. Hate is a pretty strong. the new version threw me off a little, that is it.

Except for that the fact, they DID try it out, didn't like it and decided that it would be better for their users to keep some consistency and thus the older version. (hell, i still miss being able to navigate folder to folder to folder, by searching/typing in nautilus, which is super slow now). Not a game changer for me, but i can understand why some people prefer the old version.

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
          some stuff
          Don't worry, Gnome 3 people have extremely low reading comprehension due to the "Reality Distortion Field" they stole from Steve Job's cold corpse that they then broke causing near complete deafness and blindness.

Comment

And if that is in fact the case then you don't see that as a fault of the direction of the Gnome project? Because thats exactly what it is and why the user base is falling apart like animals do before major disasters.

Comment

Working...
            X