What Linux Users Need To Know When Holiday Shopping For PC Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gusar View Post
    It's a fairy-tale land that doesn't exist. Meaning your simplistic views only work in a fantasy world, not in this place we live in called reality.
    woah you sound depressed - understandable if your a omni consuming mobile excrement production facility

they put a man on the moon and split the atom for <insert deity name>s sake are you serious that this is _NOT_ possible ? because aside from a few crappy corporations holding their cards to their chests it exists now

Comment

Originally posted by D0pamine View Post
      woah you sound depressed - understandable if your a omni consuming mobile excrement production facility
      I hope you realize writing such crap only makes you look ridiculous. It's a step up from the previous unimaginative stuff like "dickhead", I'll give you that, but no less ridiculous.

for <insert deity name>s sake are you serious that this is _NOT_ possible ?
      Of course it isn't. Show me unicorns. You can't. They are a made up animal, they don't exist.

Comment

I hope you realize writing such crap only makes you look ridiculous. It's a step up from the previous unimaginative stuff like "dickhead", I'll give you that, but no less ridiculous.

Of course it isn't. Show me unicorns. You can't. They are a made up animal, they don't exist.
        what no technical argument? why is a free ecosystem not realistic?

Comment

what no technical argument? why is a free ecosystem not realistic?
          Where did I say that? I'm talking about a land with unicorns.

Comment

Where did I say that? I'm talking about a land with unicorns.
            and like i said in #78

"isn't unicorn filled rainbow land the ultimate goal? unicorn filled rainbow land being a complete, fully functional and free ecosystem for all computing devices?"

why isn't it possible ?

aside from a little microcode and the bios the laptop i'm on now is completely free

Comment

and like i said in #78
              Yes, you redefined what I said to something else, because you had no answer to the actual point I was making - which is that your simplistic views don't work in reality.

Comment

It begins to be the time to enable addblock or whatever for this site.

Comment

Yes, you redefined what I said to something else, because you had no answer to the actual point I was making - which is that your simplistic views don't work in reality.
                  what in the name of jimmy savile are you talking about - ofcourse unicorns do not exist! how can you even afford a computer with such a crack cocaine problem?

Comment

what in the name of jimmy savile are you talking about - ofcourse unicorns do not exist!
                    How can you know? I mean really, truly, know?

To prove that unicorns do not exist, you have to visit every point in the universe, simultaneously and at once, to observe that no unicorn is present.

To prove that unicorns do exist, you simply have to find one.

Clearly, it is physically impossible to perform the first requirement, while to perform the second one is entirely possible. Therefore, I conclude that unicorns do exist. They have to exist. Have to have to have to!

Comment

Originally posted by steveriley View Post
                      How can you know? I mean really, truly, know?

To prove that unicorns do not exist, you have to visit every point in the universe, simultaneously and at once, to observe that no unicorn is present.

To prove that unicorns do exist, you simply have to find one.

Clearly, it is physically impossible to perform the first requirement, while to perform the second one is entirely possible. Therefore, I conclude that unicorns do exist. They have to exist. Have to have to have to!

well yeh if you put it like that then they must exist somewhere in the infinite multiverse... it would seem that trolls exist too

my point is valid though - what is wrong with a completely free ecosystem? and why is such a thing 'a fairy tale' when even me - a member of the un-washed masses is using a laptop now that is 99% free as aside from microcode and the bios

will my raspberry pi require any non-free microcode or bios i wonder..

Comment

Working...
                      X