A Linux User's Perspective Of Microsoft Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamish Wilson View Post
    They said there were no games, which is a myth. I really do not give a rats ass about whether some magazine considers a title important or not, the fact of the matter is there are plenty of game titles released for Linux, many of them quite good. You can not escape this fact by simply changing your definitions.
    As a general rule, when people say " there are no games for linux " they are talking about the AAA mainstream titles and not the 15th incarnation of a id tech quake engine fps or a puzzle game.

Comment

Originally posted by _artem_ View Post
      that's really funny to hear people, from countries which had "black" slaves in the past, calling me racist... I was born in russia. russia neved had "BLACK" SLAVES. to be true I first saw a "black" man as I went to germany in the age of 13 until that moment I saw "black" skinned people only in US films on the TV
      Well, as a country Canada never had black slaves either. The British of course did, but Canada technically did not. Now we were of course based on the notion of disfranchising an entire group of people and taking their land, but then again, the Russians have done that to.

Does not change the fact that your words were troublesome, even if you *may* have legitimately had no intent behind it.
      Last edited by Hamish Wilson; 29 October 2012, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        As a general rule, when people say " there are no games for linux " they are talking about the AAA mainstream titles and not the 15th incarnation of a id tech quake engine fps or a puzzle game.
        Again, you are hiding behind changing definitions and generalizations. If you said that there are no games for Linux that you like, well, that would be your opinion, but to say that there are no games for Linux is a flat-out lie. Plus there are plenty of distinct titles that do not fit into your rather limited categories, but it is not my job to list out information that is already easy to find and readily available.

Comment

Does not change the fact that your words were troublesome, even if you legitimately had no intent behind it.
          The words are not troublesome, your interpretation of what they meant was. Some times the words are meant to be taken litterally.

Comment

Again, you are hiding behind changing definitions and generalizations. If you said that there are no games for Linux that you like, well, that would be your opinion, but to say that there are no games for Linux is a flat-out lie. Plus there are plenty of distinct titles that do not fit into your rather limited categories, but it is not my job to list out information that is already easy to find and readily available.
            An avid gamer walks up to you and asks " I really want to play a lot of kick ass games on the PC. What OS do I get to do so?" what would your reply be?

Comment

An avid gamer walks up to you and asks " I really want to play a lot of kick ass games on the PC. What OS do I get to do so?" what would your reply be?
              PS3 hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                PS3 hands down.
                You didn't listen to the question then.

Comment

The words are not troublesome, your interpretation of what they meant was. Some times the words are meant to be taken litterally.
                  99% of modern "AAA" titles are "ZZZ" in reality, being compensated by DLC, patches after 3 years and mods, and still lacking.
                  The idea is if Linux has games with good gameplay. Yes, it has.

Comment

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
                    99% of modern "AAA" titles are "ZZZ" in reality, being compensated by DLC, patches after 3 years and mods, and still lacking.
                    The idea is if Linux has games with good gameplay. Yes, it has.
                    My old nokia feature phone has a couple games on it but that does not really make it a gaming console.

Also one could argue that 99.9% of linux titles are "ZZZ" in reality as well.

Comment

You didn't listen to the question then.
                      You are serious that opensource platform has enough power to compete with 99% preinstalled hardware or software locked garbage pile named "Windows"?

Because "AAA" does not mean any "serious" or "interesting" or "good" game, it merely means "huge" game studio behind. And huge game studios tend to maximize profit, hence PS3. As locked down as it gets, plenty of "AAA" and crappy company behind as a "bonus".

Comment

Working...
                      X