No announcement yet.

Linux Kernel Whackos: Drop Everything But ARM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird. With everyone loving Intel's opensource drivers and strong linux support, you would think it would be to support only Atom and drop ARM.

Comment

Originally posted by asdx
      All of you, do me a favour and STFU.

Especially this moron (Michael and dimko).
      in order for that to happen you need to either stop coming here or take your own advice.

Comment

The trolls are well fed today.

Comment

firstly;
          dont feed the trolls, asdx(the troll) you can leave as no1 is keeping you here and thanks to your little childish outbreak no1 cares what you think nor say

secondly;
          LKML invader(s) still dont have stile, its better then the last one linked on phoronix but still...

on a lighter note, this has stile

see, its obscure, looks technical, and is funny when you get it

Comment

actually,

this make a lot of sense

and this coming from someone who as always used intel.

Even here in SE it's all smartphones and tablets, the appearance of mini-pc's and stuff like raspberry pi and the odroid-x , ug802, etc...

there's a huge shift coming in personal computing, I sense that the wintel days are going to end soon and when you can buy a mini-pc with 1g of ram and 1.6ghz processor that runs android 4.04 just fine for $60 it seems the future will wait for no one.

so... by dropping the support for everything and totally focusing on the arm platform, linux could be for arm what windows is for the x86 platform

think about it.

linux x86, 20 years of fail

linux arm, a golden new dawn of win.

I have decided that my next system will be based on cortex A15 and this is from someone who had 20 intel processors in the past.

the future is now people, the future is arm

edit: btw I like these posts so you all so stfu and who gives a shit about your 1 cent that your page clicking generates
            Last edited by Pallidus; 13 September 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

now that has more stile, love the sarcasm

Pallidus for the new LKML jester

on a technical note;
              x86 still beats arm in performance per watt
              performance per watt is highly dependent on semiconductor printing and what kind of performance you are testing
              for example sparc is good in low latency massively parallel tasks, while power is better at number crunching but has delay and can do fewer tasks at a time
              arm from what i can tell is made for simple devices, x86 for general computing(didnt check arm instruction set)

who cares anyway, a pentium 2 is waaaay faster then me and opengl 4x will make possible a full shift of arithmetic operations to a gpu so pentium 2 will be able to run new games and else(if programed properly that is)
              so we need massively parallel, direct to memory PCI buses more then faster/better cpu's
              Last edited by gens; 13 September 2012, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pallidus View Post
                actually,

this make a lot of sense

and this coming from someone who as always used intel.

Even here in SE it's all smartphones and tablets, the appearance of mini-pc's and stuff like raspberry pi and the odroid-x , ug802, etc...

there's a huge shift coming in personal computing, I sense that the wintel days are going to end soon and when you can buy a mini-pc with 1g of ram and 1.6ghz processor that runs android 4.04 just fine for $60 it seems the future will wait for no one.

so... by dropping the support for everything and totally focusing on the arm platform, linux could be for arm what windows is for the x86 platform

think about it.

linux x86, 20 years of fail

linux arm, a golden new dawn of win.

I have decided that my next system will be based on cortex A15 and this is from someone who had 20 intel processors in the past.

the future is now people, the future is arm

edit: btw I like these posts so you all so stfu and who gives a shit about your 1 cent that your page clicking generates
                i think in a similar way but right now loongson is better than ARM but in 2014 ARM will have 64bit to and then its a complete different story.

Comment

The irony of this trolling...

1. Troll posts to LKML

2. Michael reports it, just for the entertainment of the readers

3. People complain about Michael, not the troll

4. People start offending each other in comments

???

PROFIT!
                  Last edited by blacqwolf; 13 September 2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ninez View Post
                    You may think that is easier, but I had already went out of my way (previously) to allow Michael to make money from my views
                    I can tell that wasn't you. Maybe for the first two, but for this you're just a poser.

Comment

Bizarre!

Strange that a site such as this one would post entirely nonsense articles. Post it on the forums only, or else not at all, I suggest.

Comment

Working...
                      X