X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by xchris View Post
    From my past experience and advice I was given to me, I know that these kind of cases are just an indication -for the criminals- that the owner of that case has something valuable there... I prefer to carry my items into a sh*t looking backpack than being "target"
    Yeah, and put some mustard or ketchup stains on it too so it looks extra shitty.

Leave a comment:

• xchris
    replied
    From my past experience and advice I was given to me, I know that these kind of cases are just an indication -for the criminals- that the owner of that case has something valuable there... I prefer to carry my items into a sh*t looking backpack than being "target"

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Handcuffs

Don't use a handcuff to secure the briefcase to your wrist because in Africa people cut your whole arm off to get that briefcase.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Bike chain? Pfft, go all out on a good chain:
    My bike lock would be one of the good U-locks, not a chain.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Bike chain? Pfft, go all out on a good chain:

Leave a comment:

• FourDMusic
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    But 3 digits is little. I could do a brute-force attack on that. Just do trial-and-error, it shouldn't take too long.
    So true. Even if it took you 3 seconds to try each combination (which is a gross over estimate), it would take ~50 minutes to try ALL of the combinations. It would typically take half that time to get the right combination and less than 3 seconds. So you'd be looking at <20 minutes to crack the case.

But as Michael said, it's mostly used as a deterrent and to avoid snatch and runs.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
    Umm pretty sure that lock is mechanical thus immune to NFC vulnerabilities
    But 3 digits is little. I could do a brute-force attack on that. Just do trial-and-error, it shouldn't take too long.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Is 3 digits secure?

Would be pretty cool if you unlocked it with a smartphone over NFC with cryptography.
    Umm pretty sure that lock is mechanical thus immune to NFC vulnerabilities

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Is 3 digits secure?

Is 3 digits secure?

Would be pretty cool if you unlocked it with a smartphone over NFC with cryptography.

Leave a comment:

• 89c51
    replied
    Being discrete i think is a better measure against theft. And this suitcase is not so "stealth". But on the plus side you can always mess with the security people when asked about the handcufs.

"I am into kinky sex" would be my answer

Leave a comment:

Working...
X