• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phoronix
    started a topic Zero Halliburton S1

Zero Halliburton S1

Phoronix: Zero Halliburton S1

If you are looking for a secure and nearly indestructible way to transport your laptop and other items, Zero Halliburton has a very viable option with their S1-SI Premium Slimline Attache.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=17743

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by xchris View Post
    From my past experience and advice I was given to me, I know that these kind of cases are just an indication -for the criminals- that the owner of that case has something valuable there... I prefer to carry my items into a sh*t looking backpack than being "target"
    Yeah, and put some mustard or ketchup stains on it too so it looks extra shitty.

Leave a comment:

• xchris
    replied
    From my past experience and advice I was given to me, I know that these kind of cases are just an indication -for the criminals- that the owner of that case has something valuable there... I prefer to carry my items into a sh*t looking backpack than being "target"

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Handcuffs

Don't use a handcuff to secure the briefcase to your wrist because in Africa people cut your whole arm off to get that briefcase.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Bike chain? Pfft, go all out on a good chain:
    My bike lock would be one of the good U-locks, not a chain.

Leave a comment:

• curaga
    replied
    Bike chain? Pfft, go all out on a good chain:

Leave a comment:

• FourDMusic
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    But 3 digits is little. I could do a brute-force attack on that. Just do trial-and-error, it shouldn't take too long.
    So true. Even if it took you 3 seconds to try each combination (which is a gross over estimate), it would take ~50 minutes to try ALL of the combinations. It would typically take half that time to get the right combination and less than 3 seconds. So you'd be looking at <20 minutes to crack the case.

But as Michael said, it's mostly used as a deterrent and to avoid snatch and runs.

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Originally posted by Ramiliez View Post
    Umm pretty sure that lock is mechanical thus immune to NFC vulnerabilities
    But 3 digits is little. I could do a brute-force attack on that. Just do trial-and-error, it shouldn't take too long.

Leave a comment:

• Ramiliez
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    Is 3 digits secure?

Would be pretty cool if you unlocked it with a smartphone over NFC with cryptography.
    Umm pretty sure that lock is mechanical thus immune to NFC vulnerabilities

Leave a comment:

• uid313
    replied
    Is 3 digits secure?

Is 3 digits secure?

Would be pretty cool if you unlocked it with a smartphone over NFC with cryptography.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X