X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fernandoc1
    replied
    Hey Michael,
    I've got that profile tests running for a WebGL application. I created a thread for that:
    http://phoronix.com/forums/showthrea...-Google-Chrome

Leave a comment:

• fernandoc1
    replied
    I'm grabbing some info around this.
    I started a thread here:
    https://groups.google.com/group/nati...b7e6554ad10ce8
    Please, let's try to get this working, because it would be interesting to see as many benchmarks as possible running on Google Chrome.
    I would also be glad to see compatibility tests on the Open Source graphics stack, against these applications.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by fernandoc1 View Post
    I think that with some command line options on Google Chrome and a special extension installed on it, it should be easy integrate it on PTS, for more interesting benchmarks, since today we have a very large selection of 3D content that is running on the browser, through both: WebGL and Native Client.
    ...and that extension is? The best way to see that whatever test of your liking gets incorporated is by just writing a test profile yourself, upload it to OpenBenchmarking.org, and then tell me to use it... and 99% of the time I'll surely run it on any new hardware I hit. Or at the very least to submit a simple bash script of setup/execution of the test of your desire and then from there I can basically turn it into a proper test profile.

Leave a comment:

• Drlbpgtdeomt
    replied
    agree with you

Originally posted by fernandoc1 View Post
    I think that with some command line options on Google Chrome and a special extension installed on it, it should be easy integrate it on PTS, for more interesting benchmarks, since today we have a very large selection of 3D content that is running on the browser, through both: WebGL and Native Client.
    Yeah,deeply I agree with you!That is very correct.

Leave a comment:

• fernandoc1
    started a topic Recommended game for testing on Linux

Recommended game for testing on Linux

I would like to recommend Phoronix readers to test From Dust on Linux:

I realized that Phoronix doesn't like to cover Native Client titles on Linux, but in my opinion it is the best way now a days to convince large studios to bring their title in a way that it can be played natively on Linux.

Depending on how you see NaCl, you can say that Ubisoft has ported on of their title to Linux. It is very cool to get developers involved in this Google project, since it uses 100% open source infrastructure to build games to run inside the browser.
    NaCl's compiler is a modified version of GNU GCC.
    In my opinion, once a developer ported it's title to NaCl, it need only couple of steps to create a native Linux port.

Working...
X