X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenrin
    replied
    Originally posted by russofris View Post
    I said "beer" is not a drug. By your reasoning, tomatoes are drugs as they contain nicotine and amphetamine.

I call shenanigans. I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes. 30? 30 bowls is about 15 grams, and would have cost you $150-ish. It might be possible if you smoked once every six months for 15 years, though people with reverse tolerance often give up well before then. In addition, I would like to personally evaluate the quality and strength of the weed you smoke, so as to remove any doubt. I'll meet you on the back patio at 4:20.

F
    raw cannabis is not a drug either. It's healty if it's taken raw. Beer without alcohol isn't a drug either. But most consumed beer is with alcohol. You can't deny that alcohol is a drug.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by russofris View Post
    I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes.
    I haven't used the stuff in years, but regardless of the number of times, what you just posted contradicts what you previously posted..

Leave a comment:

• russofris
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Alcohol is still a drug, even if taken in doses below threshold effect.
    I said "beer" is not a drug. By your reasoning, tomatoes are drugs as they contain nicotine and amphetamine.

Bullsh!t. It took me many (30?) tries before I finally smoked and got high (and I was definitely hitting it hard enough). This "reverse tolerance" is not uncommon either.
    I call shenanigans. I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes. 30? 30 bowls is about 15 grams, and would have cost you $150-ish. It might be possible if you smoked once every six months for 15 years, though people with reverse tolerance often give up well before then. In addition, I would like to personally evaluate the quality and strength of the weed you smoke, so as to remove any doubt. I'll meet you on the back patio at 4:20.

F

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk...Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.
    Alcohol is still a drug, even if taken in doses below threshold effect.

You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high.
    Bullsh!t. It took me many (30?) tries before I finally smoked and got high (and I was definitely hitting it hard enough). This "reverse tolerance" is not uncommon either.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Maybe I should add "wiesn Frauen" photos to some articles from now on too? I already have some German/Bavarian food photos sometimes (such as with Fedora codename articles), so now if I round out with more wiesn Frauen photos in Phoronix articles, the three pillars are complete.
    Kakao, you should take that as a definite, "No!".. /THREAD
    Last edited by DanL; 27 April 2012, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RealNC
    replied
    Originally posted by Kakao View Post
    I'm sorry I'm raining on everybody's parade. But it is not harmless. In some people dependency will develop in a few years while in others it will take 150 years so they will die much sooner. There is no smart alcohol use. Alcohol dependency does not consider education level, social class, religion, personality or anything else. Indeed, other than genes, it is totally random. But dependency is not the only problem. Alcohol will make it much more probable to someone to be involved in violence, including domestic and vehicle related. Health problems, including those caused by the fat you talk about, are more likely in alcohol users.
    And we don't give a shit. As I said in another post: Deal with it. If you can't, gtfo.

Leave a comment:

• russofris
    replied
    Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk. You can't drop LSD an not trip. You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high. Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.

Leave a comment:

• Kamikaze
    replied
    Sorry Kakao, beer IS sacred
    Didn't you learn your basic food groups in school?!?

(Shamelessly hotlinked, probably won't last long)

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by rudl View Post
    PROST!

Greetings from Austria. I love Beer. Please continue to make beer pics.

Beer is healthy!!!!!!!!!!!
    Prost!

Maybe I should add "wiesn Frauen" photos to some articles from now on too? I already have some German/Bavarian food photos sometimes (such as with Fedora codename articles), so now if I round out with more wiesn Frauen photos in Phoronix articles, the three pillars are complete.

Leave a comment:

• archibald
    replied
    If you boil it then you could have beer-steam whilst using linux...

Leave a comment:

• rudl
    replied
    After all those hard work, a beer is definitly nothing bad.

Steam on linux? I drink to that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X