X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vitalogy
    replied
    Originally posted by Panix View Post
    Many Germans seem to be constantly drunk. Maybe, that's why it's promoted.

The Government needs to dull the population and it's a pretty good way.
    ... in diesem Sinne, PROST !!!

Leave a comment:

• orzel
    replied
    Hi,

Just to add to the poll

* i don't like beer, never drink any, even though I'm european (from France, not Germany, though)
    * I agree that propaganda form alcohol feels 'bad' on such a site
    * indeed, Michael can do what he wants, that's his site, and Free speech, and blabla. you know what I mean.

But actually, the main point I'd like to say, is that.... I dont care. I really dont care about beer. I'm reading Phoronix for technical content, and all this stuff about beer is just noise for me. This... said in the most friendly manner, please dont take offense Michael.

The signal/noise ratio is already quite borderline : i would say in every article, around ~10% is actual content, as in "new and interesting", once you've ironed out the first two paragraphs (never _ever_ useful, it's always about providing links to old stuff) and other repetition all around the article.

Yeah, 10% is not _that_ bad, right :-)

Leave a comment:

• Panix
    replied
    Many Germans seem to be constantly drunk. Maybe, that's why it's promoted.

The Government needs to dull the population and it's a pretty good way.

Leave a comment:

• fuzz
    replied
    I just ignore it. Doesn't make much sense to me, but if it can get Valve to release some Linux stuff faster well... for the greater good .

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    ^ Speaking of propaganda...

Leave a comment:

• Kakao
    replied
    Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    And we don't give a shit. As I said in another post: Deal with it. If you can't, gtfo.
    Did you post that before or after using the toilet?

Leave a comment:

• gordboy
    replied
    Alcohol is a killer

Young people imagine that they are invincible, and this is normal and expected. And it is "cool" to be a big drinker, in many circles.

But the truth is that alcohol is a dangerous, toxic poison that kills many, many people. It also messes with libido, and causes arguments. The vast majority of petty offences that lead to small custodial sentences and fines are alcohol-related.

I'd like to report that producers and suppliers promote safe and sensible drinking, but they do not. They actively encourage young people with "alcopops" and try to sponsor sports at every opportunity.

So should Michael be promoting alcohol ?

In my book, he should not. But let's face it you wouldn't castigate a dog for pissing on a lamppost - it's what they do.

Leave a comment:

• russofris
    replied
    Originally posted by DanL View Post
    I haven't used the stuff in years
    We know, as Clinton-esque corner cases and rarely occurring exceptions are typically unimportant to potheads.

Leave a comment:

• Pahanilmanlintu
    replied
    Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
    So, if there was a picture or a mention about Michael eating a dog or two every now and then, you wouldn't mind?
    Lots of people eat dogs, cats and whatnot. What's the use in being offended? It's no different to eating pigs or cows, other than being accustomed to the one but not the other. They're all beings with consciousness, capable of thought and feelings like us, just to a slightly different and probably lesser extent.

Leave a comment:

• DanL
    replied
    Originally posted by russofris View Post
    I said "beer" is not a drug.
    And then you said it is if you drink it in larger quantities and get 'drunk" off the alcohol. I'm not even sure how to argue with such nonsense...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X