X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inb4 honton trolls this thread with alcohol brand fanboyism
    >carlberg kills black label

Comment

Talking about alcohol always has a point for some people - if you can't drink at the moment, at least you can talk about it - in a good or bad way, doesn't matter. Usually those are the people with drug abuse problem... hmmm...

Comment

Criticizing a German (especially Bavarian) for posting pictures of quality beer is almost racist and borders to an attack on ethnicity..
        Beer is tasty and brings added quality of life, any documented effect from toxicity from responsible consumption is easily offset from the positives that are not regarded by the study.

Comment

Originally posted by nilssab View Post
          Criticizing a German (especially Bavarian) for posting pictures of quality beer is almost racist and borders to an attack on ethnicity..
          Beer is tasty and brings added quality of life, any documented effect from toxicity from responsible consumption is easily offset from the positives that are not regarded by the study.
          As far as I know, Michael is american.
          But I agree with everything you wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by Spittie View Post
            As far as I know, Michael is american.
            But I agree with everything you wrote.
            oh, didn't know.
            Well, his "soul" seems to be Bavarian at least

Comment

Originally posted by nilssab View Post
              Agree 100%. Seeing this "alcohol propaganda" in an article about computing gives it a fun feel, and is a welcome addition. There are far more exciting things in the world than computing, after all, so introducing a tasty brew is a great way to liven things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kakao View Post
                I visit the Phoronix site daily for the great Linux coverage from Michael Larabel. But there is something that keeps disturbing me. It is his insistence in the alcohol propaganda. While I think drug consumption is bad for him or for anyone else I'm also against prohibition. But I'm also strongly against drug propaganda. It is not only prejudicial to people's health in general but also offensive to others like me. More offensive than religion propaganda.
                God bless you my friend, Jesus loves you!

PS. Have a beer, you'll feel better.

Comment

Our local public library board just spent a bunch of time debating whether Dr. Seuss's "Hop on Pop" childrens' book should be banned because it allegedly encourages violence against fathers. Perhaps, just perhaps, it may be possible to worry too much about things like this.

Last edited by bridgman; 30 April 2014, 04:34 PM.
                  Test signature

Comment

I have only one thing to say to anyone complaining about pictures of beer.

Go and get yourselves a life, and stop trying to cheapen everyone else's.

No, I'm not one of those "Arrrrr! Beer!" types. I don't like alcohol (maybe the occasional binge every few years if I've forgotten how much I dislike it) and pictures and stories about beer are only of mild interest to me. I do appreciate most any enthusiasm though and wouldn't think to suggest that because I'm not interested, that this Linux technical site should not have pictures of beer. It at least tastes good (if it's one you like).

That isn't because I'm self righteous either... I just use different medicine that doesn't have all the "side effects" that I dislike.
                    Last edited by Grogan; 30 April 2014, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Alcohol is not a drug - it is a solvent. Consuming alcohol is a form of solvent abuse.

I do enjoy beer though....

Comment

Working...
                      X