No announcement yet.

Alcohol propaganda in Phoronix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beer is different than most drugs in that you can drink a beer and not get drunk...Beer isn't a drug until you drink enough of it for it to be a drug.
    Alcohol is still a drug, even if taken in doses below threshold effect.

You can't smoke pot and 'not' get high.
    Bullsh!t. It took me many (30?) tries before I finally smoked and got high (and I was definitely hitting it hard enough). This "reverse tolerance" is not uncommon either.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Maybe I should add "wiesn Frauen" photos to some articles from now on too? I already have some German/Bavarian food photos sometimes (such as with Fedora codename articles), so now if I round out with more wiesn Frauen photos in Phoronix articles, the three pillars are complete.
    Kakao, you should take that as a definite, "No!".. /THREAD
    Last edited by DanL; 27 April 2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      Alcohol is still a drug, even if taken in doses below threshold effect.
      I said "beer" is not a drug. By your reasoning, tomatoes are drugs as they contain nicotine and amphetamine.

Bullsh!t. It took me many (30?) tries before I finally smoked and got high (and I was definitely hitting it hard enough). This "reverse tolerance" is not uncommon either.
      I call shenanigans. I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes. 30? 30 bowls is about 15 grams, and would have cost you $150-ish. It might be possible if you smoked once every six months for 15 years, though people with reverse tolerance often give up well before then. In addition, I would like to personally evaluate the quality and strength of the weed you smoke, so as to remove any doubt. I'll meet you on the back patio at 4:20.

F

Comment

Originally posted by russofris View Post
        I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes.
        I haven't used the stuff in years, but regardless of the number of times, what you just posted contradicts what you previously posted..

Comment

I said "beer" is not a drug. By your reasoning, tomatoes are drugs as they contain nicotine and amphetamine.

I call shenanigans. I find it highly unlikely that someone smoked pot 30 times without getting high. 2, 3 or 4, yes. 30? 30 bowls is about 15 grams, and would have cost you $150-ish. It might be possible if you smoked once every six months for 15 years, though people with reverse tolerance often give up well before then. In addition, I would like to personally evaluate the quality and strength of the weed you smoke, so as to remove any doubt. I'll meet you on the back patio at 4:20.

F
          raw cannabis is not a drug either. It's healty if it's taken raw. Beer without alcohol isn't a drug either. But most consumed beer is with alcohol. You can't deny that alcohol is a drug.

Comment

I said "beer" is not a drug.
            And then you said it is if you drink it in larger quantities and get 'drunk" off the alcohol. I'm not even sure how to argue with such nonsense...

Comment

Originally posted by M1kkko View Post
              So, if there was a picture or a mention about Michael eating a dog or two every now and then, you wouldn't mind?
              Lots of people eat dogs, cats and whatnot. What's the use in being offended? It's no different to eating pigs or cows, other than being accustomed to the one but not the other. They're all beings with consciousness, capable of thought and feelings like us, just to a slightly different and probably lesser extent.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                I haven't used the stuff in years
                We know, as Clinton-esque corner cases and rarely occurring exceptions are typically unimportant to potheads.

Comment

Alcohol is a killer

Young people imagine that they are invincible, and this is normal and expected. And it is "cool" to be a big drinker, in many circles.

But the truth is that alcohol is a dangerous, toxic poison that kills many, many people. It also messes with libido, and causes arguments. The vast majority of petty offences that lead to small custodial sentences and fines are alcohol-related.

I'd like to report that producers and suppliers promote safe and sensible drinking, but they do not. They actively encourage young people with "alcopops" and try to sponsor sports at every opportunity.

So should Michael be promoting alcohol ?

In my book, he should not. But let's face it you wouldn't castigate a dog for pissing on a lamppost - it's what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                    And we don't give a shit. As I said in another post: Deal with it. If you can't, gtfo.
                    Did you post that before or after using the toilet?

Comment

^ Speaking of propaganda...

Comment

Working...
                      X