Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phoronix Poll - Is Linux A Slut or Pathogen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phoronix Poll - Is Linux A Slut or Pathogen?

Started on Twitter, but figured more appropriate for Phoronix Forums discussion... This began at the Intel LF party last night when talking with Rasterman and Matthew Garret... Rasterman says Linux is a slut in terms of adoption while Matthew thinks Linux is a pathogen. Thoughts? What's your analogy for Linux's adoption?
    Linux Is A Pathogen
    4.55%
    Linux Is A Slut
    27.27%
    Linux Is Something Else
    68.18%
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Linux is...

GNU/Linux is an OS which you can use and control as your wish, which is a thing that won't happen if you're using Windows or MacOS X... So, I voted in the "something else" option...

Cheers

Comment

I'm wondering how many drinks were necessary to come up with those analogies.

Comment

may i ask after how many beers this discussion took place

Linux is BDSM (switch)

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
          may i ask after how many beers this discussion took place
          Not sure how many mjg or rasterman had by that point, it was after an hour or so of the event, I was on like my 8th sparkling wine.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

where is the sewer option ?

Comment

Definition of slut:

Originally posted by wikipedia
              Slut or slattern is a term applied to an individual who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous. The term is generally pejorative and most often applied to women as an insult or offensive term of disparagement, meaning "dirty or slovenly."
              Linus once said that "Software is like sex. It is better when it is free."

However, Linux is license-clear and does not take money.

Windows, on contrary, is license dirty, takes money and wants to *uck everyone.

I vote Linux is holy angel.

Comment

Working...
              X