No announcement yet.

HDMI Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has there been any progress on the multichannel HDMI issue during the last months? I recently got a nice little Zotac AD11 with E450 and would love to be able to send LPCM streams over HDMI.

From what I understand, all required knowledge is avaliable, but the audio driver needs to be updated, so basically the folks at ALSA would have to implement this knowledge?

Thanks,
    Alex

Comment

I was wondering about the current state, too. I'm helping to build a HTPC for a Linux user so I'm wondering whether to recommend Nvidia or ATI.

It is just to play video/audio via HDMI. Not worried about hardware acceleration or anything like that.

I read that AMD/ATI cards are not universally supporting HDMI with the radeon driver. Big surprise. Aside from the fact, the Radeon Feature webpage was down and there's mixed reports about the FOSS driver supporting HDMI, what is the update?

I looked at a HD 6450 since it's about $20 but I think you have to be using kernel 3.3? Does HDMI work with the Noueveau drivers? Or is it better to use the blob regardless of which side you go with?

AMD/ATI still doesn't support Linux and the articles here show more developers signing off. So, I've been proven right, yet again. So, why is anyone still recommending the company? They are investing even less into Linux, not more.

Comment

Working...
      X