X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    Vincent: "I guess they can't make everything in Finland and then all ship it for cheap ass China prices in... Guess where? China."
    Deanjo: "LOL, did you even read your link? It even says that nokia's are not all made in Finland."
    Again wrong, the those products made in China are shipped internationally, they are not only for China.

Deanjo: "Again wrong, they also have products being made in Malaysia, Taiwan, and other countries."
    ^ Can you spell made localy?

I can spell locally, apparently you can't.

You are defending something, therefore you are engaging in an argument, therefore you are biased. Like all proper websites; moderators do not engage in things that they are moderating. Either you're doing a shit job, or you're biased.
    I am correcting false statements with facts. That's not bias. That is setting the record straight.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Vincent: "I guess they can't make everything in Finland and then all ship it for cheap ass China prices in... Guess where? China."
    Deanjo: "LOL, did you even read your link? It even says that nokia's are not all made in Finland."

Deanjo: "Again wrong, they also have products being made in Malaysia, Taiwan, and other countries."
    ^ Can you spell made localy?

I am unbiased. That is what bugs the hell out of you. Even by those comments you are suggesting that I should view everything from a linux POV. Sorry but that would not be unbiased, but being biased.
    You are defending something, therefore you are engaging in an argument, therefore you are biased. Like all proper websites; moderators do not engage in things that they are moderating. Either you're doing a shit job, or you're biased.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    sure the real issue was no money to buy a REAL PC LOL!!!!!!

just because we waste our family money on APPLE!

and hey my point was not the Michael Spindler ara my Point was the Piracy and Open-source software!

if you re poor as a child you need Piracy and Open-source software very much!

and for me the Apple computer just makes impossible for me to do Piracy!

because no "internet" and all friends do have a pc.
    So because of lack of market share when you bought your Apple that made it hard for you to carry out illegal activities is Apples fault and makes them evil. *rolls eyes* Come on Q, even you know that is a pretty weak excuse.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Just shut up:

The info is everywhere. This was the first Google hit.
    LOL, did you even read your link? It even says that nokia's are not all made in Finland.

Apple has all products made in China, even though they could add half a dollar and make that $299 iPhone (with plan) a $299,90 phone and no-one would give a fsck.
    Again wrong, they also have products being made in Malaysia, Taiwan, and other countries.

So once again; stop being so fscking delusional about Apple. All they ever did was copy work and design, made by others, and charge insane prices (especially memory), made at sweatshop factories.
    The only one being delusional is you as you ignore proven facts.

Why do you even care about defending that computer company? And why the hell were you hired for a Linux website, and why are you not fired for advocating something that is in competition with the market that this website is targeting? It's almost as if there is a Microsoft fan, publicly defending Windows at Apple.

PS: Moderators should be unbiased. You, clearly, are not.
    I am unbiased. That is what bugs the hell out of you. Even by those comments you are suggesting that I should view everything from a linux POV. Sorry but that would not be unbiased, but being biased.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Well you may have one of the products that are made in Finland. No one ever said that that everything that nokia produces is made @ foxconn but you are very wrong in thinking that all of Nokia's products are made in Finland.
    Just shut up:

The info is everywhere. This was the first Google hit.

Apple has all products made in China, even though they could add half a dollar and make that $299 iPhone (with plan) a $299,90 phone and no-one would give a fsck.

So once again; stop being so fscking delusional about Apple. All they ever did was copy work and design, made by others, and charge insane prices (especially memory), made at sweatshop factories, with completely uninspired formfactors that one would deliver to the industrial design department to make something out of.

Why do you even care about defending that computer company? And why the hell were you hired for a Linux website, and why are you not fired for advocating something that is in competition with the market that this website is targeting? It's almost as if there is a Microsoft fan, publicly defending Windows at Apple.

PS: Moderators should be unbiased. You, clearly, are not.
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 15 October 2011, 12:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Qaridarium
    i go the other way around in my first 10-12 years of computer experience i don't touch a PC
    my first one was a C64 then a Atari 1040st then a Apple-Macintosh-Performa 5200 one of the worst apple ever build.
    so you talk about people with ZERO apple experience but i think very bad about apple and i do have Apple Experience!
    Apple will never isolate me again in a world without piracy and open-source software.
    Apple destroyed 5 years of my life.
    No doubt the Performa 5200 was a dog. I might also point out that was a product of the Michael Spindler era, not Jobs. So again you have no real practical experience with any of Jobs era products. BTW it is very sad that a consumer product can "destroyed 5 years of my life." which leads me to think that the actual issue lies elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    @Deanjo,
    Why is there "Made in Finland", printed on my Nokia E7-00?

I guess they can't make everything in Finland and then all ship it for cheap ass China prices in... Guess where? China.
    Well you may have one of the products that are made in Finland. No one ever said that that everything that nokia produces is made @ foxconn but you are very wrong in thinking that all of Nokia's products are made in Finland.

Leave a comment:

• V!NCENT
    replied
    @Deanjo,
    Why is there "Made in Finland", printed on my Nokia E7-00?

I guess they can't make everything in Finland and then all ship it for cheap ass China prices in... Guess where? China.

Leave a comment:

• deanjo
    replied
    Originally posted by Panix View Post
    Well, imho, I don't think it's required to either use Mac or own Apple products to have an informed or justified perspective on Apple/Mac/Jobs in general.
    The problem is that most of the "anti-apple" crew have no real intimate knowledge of the product or company or the people that are involved. I freely admit that before my time at Apple I also had many the same misconceptions of Apple but after gaining more factual information it does adjust ones perspective. Far too many out there like to base their perceptions on the likes of the portrayal seen in "Pirates of Silicon Valley". Jobs, particularly in his younger years, was socially an ass and many still judge him by that alone.

Leave a comment:

• Panix
    replied
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Let me make this straight again, yes I use Mac, but I also use Windows and Linux equally as much so if anything you are getting a perspective from someone who is actually qualified to make an educated and informed from all sides to make one.
    Well, imho, I don't think it's required to either use Mac or own Apple products to have an informed or justified perspective on Apple/Mac/Jobs in general.

Just my opinion. From what I read, most people who use Mac have an inflated opinion of Apple and all things Apple. I've yet to encounter anyone who uses or owns Mac who has what I consider a somewhat objective viewpoint. I guess that implies that Mac/Apple products are very good or at least, is satisfying for those particular users. However, I guess there are some who switch back but probably a minority.

My point is, then two-fold: 1) use/ownership of Apple products isn't necessary for a reasonable opinion on the 'Apple culture' of society and more specificially, for an opinion on Jobs and;
    2) there may be a tendency for Mac/Apple users to be biased in a 'pro' position or opinion on most things Apple.

'Don't mind if I'm wrong on that as it's just my impression. I'm not *that* negative on it, actually... just think that there's two sides to it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X