R.I.P. Steve Jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kgonzales View Post
    I guess it's better to be a spiteful nothing who favors ideology over functionality.
    You just get personal ("spiteful nothing") because you have nothing better to do. And because generally, Apple fanboys have this attitude when you insult Apple, Mac, or their god (who is thankfully dead now, but I guess that'd make them take even more offense? Sort of a martyr thing? God spare the world from religions!).

My linux functions perfectly, why thank you. If ideology means though not to buy every or any crap of product that evil company brings out just because it has its name on it, then I take ideology every day.

Comment

Originally posted by susikala View Post
      You just get personal ("spiteful nothing") because you have nothing better to do. And because generally, Apple fanboys have this attitude when you insult Apple, Mac, or their god (who is thankfully dead now, but I guess that'd make them take even more offense? Sort of a martyr thing? God spare the world from religions!).

My linux functions perfectly, why thank you. If ideology means though not to buy every or any crap of product that evil company brings out just because it has its name on it, then I take ideology every day.
      It's not personal. You call a technology innovator a "dictator" and said mankind was better of with him dead. I really makes you a stupid, ignorant, and terrible person. Mankind will be better of with you dead.

And then you retreat to the "my Linux works perfectly thank you". Linux has huge issue right now, esp as a desktop. Kernel power regressions, terrible OpenGL support, poor desktop environments, not a single native best of class productivity tool. Your ideology blinds you to this, which means you don't participate in fixing the issues. If you even did or even can.

As for the "crap of product" line... Show me an open product better than an iPod classic. Better than the MacBook Air. Better than the iPhone 4S. And I mean the whole package. Battery, weight, functionality, available tools. Answer: there isn't one. Hate all you want, but they don't exist.

I guess an evil company is one that doesn't give you anything and everything for free. The attitude of a petulant child.

Open source does not automatically make everything better.

Cheap does not equal good.

Linux is far from perfect, and useless ideological blindness will ensure that it won't improve. Linux rots from "good enough" disease. Your idiocy is of no help.

So, I repeat, mankind would probably be better off without you. Linux certainly would.

However, it is NOT better off without someone who could advance technology like Jobs did.

Comment

the death of a talented salesman and businessman

not many have managed to create such a huge herd of sheep i think

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
          I never liked him. Whenever I hear "Steve Jobs" or "Bill Gates", I think of "assholes".

I also don't like people who start saying nice things about someone just because he's dead.
          Ya it's not like any migrant chinese or mexican workers are going to be any less miserable this week.
          Steve jobs is a religious icon sympathy magician. Nothing more nothing less.
          Super terrific, magical, incredible.

The problem is they kept trying to make him a monopoly. When all he could do is cannabilize his own fan base over and over and over. When people die you change connections. It involves the transmutation of all the lifetimes connections. So his fan base will probably be as deeply in love him as when he was promising them eternal bliss 400 years ago as some full of shit preacher. Problem is the more sympathy he gathers into the apple group the less tolerable they become to outsiders.

It's like justin beiber. People wish he was dead even though he's a child.

But the self importance knows no bounds. Remember the royal wedding was supposed to crash the internet. When so few people cared. But everybody wants to talk about steve jobs. All I can say is freaking took long enough.

Comment

Honestly, as a man I kind of feel pity for him. Nobody deserves to die too early.
            But for me he's simply a man. Nothing special. I dont feel any more pity for him than for anybody else.

I find it scary to see people to see people call other idiots, stupid, ignorant, terrible, childish, and almost wishing others to be dead just because they have a different opinion. This is indeed "fanboizm"

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              Ya I am sure, when every large corporation scoffed at the idea of a "personal computer" he had the vision to press on and make it a commercial product, which later inspired IBM to come up with their personal computer after seeing that there was a market beyond hobbyists. Bill and MS played a huge role as well, without a doubt but it was Steve that got the ball rolling and took it beyond speculations and put it out to practice.
              If IBM had there way home computers would be something more like what your furnace or water heater is. A centrally located computer that controls all the electronics in your home. Fat clients would never have even happend if apple hadnt released the apple ii.

In many ways IBMs ideology may have been better, but upgradeability would have suffered. The cost of these central home computers would have made the pace of innovation slower.

EDIT: lets give the other steve some credit too. woz was the brains that made it possible.
              Last edited by duby229; 06 October 2011, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Unfitting and untimely death for a definitely influencial person.
                And that's coming from someone who hates Apple's walled-garden approach to products - and has been hit by it.
                I'm still impressed by what he achieved regardless of how he did it.

Comment

Welcome Steve: this is the place assigned for all eternity. I myself will see to install "Windows Vista" for you.

Comment

Desktops would have come without Apple or Microsoft, it was a natural evolution from the Commodore64 and later Amiga. Steve Jobs convinced the world that a closed model is superior. For that I cannot forgive him.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
                      If IBM had there way home computers would be something more like what your furnace or water heater is. A centrally located computer that controls all the electronics in your home. Fat clients would never have even happend if apple hadnt released the apple ii.

In many ways IBMs ideology may have been better, but upgradeability would have suffered. The cost of these central home computers would have made the pace of innovation slower.

EDIT: lets give the other steve some credit too. woz was the brains that made it possible.
                      Sure lets just forget Commodore, Atari, Tandy and all of those others that were in the market. No It was clearly Just Apple and IBM/Microsoft... And Actually I'm pretty sure that the Apple II was a product of IBM given that IBM controlled Apple during that time period and the Apple II was vastly different from any of Apple's other products of the time, and was killed on Job's request.

Comment

Working...
                      X