Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay

Originally posted by ninez View Post
    most of your perspectives are pretty much the same as mine too. I don't care who copied who, The conversation may be politcial for those two - but for me - i will point out when someone is posting mis-information, whether it is about microsoft, linux MacOSX or whatever - which both Vincent and Luke_wolf are doing in a big way. many of luke's history is incorrect and totally false. Vincent i am almost dead-positive has never even dealt with Apple personally - so shouldn't be commenting on how they treat their own customers - and it is clear both them don't have much experience with Apple.

I said right off the hop MS does gaming best. OSX has got ease of use, good for multimedia, and very few problems arise in day to day usage....

...but for me, Linux is the best hands down - cause i don't care about usability - if i did gentoo and Arch wouldn't have been my last 2 linux installs ..., im not a gamer and can the my system to behave any way i want. (that awesome customization you speak of).

cheerz!
    Hey yeah that more directed at V!NCENT and Luke_Wolf, I agree with what you said, and personally have an iPhone 4 (JB) OSX for Multimedia, Linux for 3D/having fun and Windows for gaming.

Cheers

Comment

• I have a much nicer discussion with someone about this through PM.

I could take down each and every one of your brainless comments anytime, but frankly I think it's not worth my time, especialy because this thread was meant to be about an interface that abstracts every aspect of a computer to a user. It was not meant to be about Windows Vs. Linux and Mac itself (duh) and my fears about Linux loosing marketshare. I felt like Apple was being beaten at their own game.

But now Apple fanboys hit the fan. All Apple advocates can read this:

And kiss my ass. Use your Adobe Flash for extra ass-kicking effect.

I am not a Windows fanboy. Two reasons:
      -Proprietary;
      -Quality.
      I just like to give credit where it's due. Darwin, you fucktards, can't run on mutiple computers at the same time, while the NT kernel can. I mean parts of the kernel (not multiple kernels on multiple computers) each microkernel server on a seperate server for whatever purpose, meaning that you can build a server park that never crashes.

Consider this my last post in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
        I could take down each and every one of your brainless comments anytime,
        The ONLY brainless comments made were your misinformed comments that has absolutely no basis in reality but typical "hater because it seems like the cool thing to do" verbal diarrhea.

Comment

• Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          The ONLY brainless comments made were your misinformed comments that has absolutely no basis in reality but typical "hater because it seems like the cool thing to do" verbal diarrhea.
          You're absolutely right, we should all purchase a computer with four year old specs just to have that apple logo.

Comment

• Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
            You're absolutely right, we should all purchase a computer with four year old specs just to have that apple logo.
            Exaggerate much?

Comment

Exaggerate much?
              It's not an exaggeration. For less money than the entry level cost of a mac book pro, you can buy a dell or HP laptop with twice the ram and a faster CPU with more cores.

Of course you don't look as cool while you are sipping your honey almond cappuccino pretending to write a screenplay with a Dell or HP, but you have more money.

Comment

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                I have a much nicer discussion with someone about this through PM.

I could take down each and every one of your brainless comments anytime, but frankly I think it's not worth my time, especialy because this thread was meant to be about an interface that abstracts every aspect of a computer to a user. It was not meant to be about Windows Vs. Linux and Mac itself (duh) and my fears about Linux loosing marketshare. I felt like Apple was being beaten at their own game.
                You haven't "taken down" anyone's comments, in fact quite the opposite. You have shown time and time again that you don't know what you're talking about whether it be about Apple's hardware, service, etc. you also have shown you don't know much about NT...making such claims as NT was designed to be the best distributed OS - is retarded!

you may feel like Microsoft is beating Apple at it's own game, but the Win8 interface is nothing special, it's HTML5/javascript. their interface doesn't even look as nice as the odd HTML5 website i have visited. in fact, the interface looks really shotty, from my perspective. (although, i am sure by release it should be fixed up. not that Win8 is coming out anytime soon).

Linux and Apple have nothing to worry about from Microsoft. It's quite the opposite - in many markets it is Microsoft that is worried, and i tend to think they have more to fear from GNU/Linux than Apple.... being as GNU is the opposite of the microsoft business model...

But now Apple fanboys hit the fan. All Apple advocates can read this:

And kiss my ass. Use your Adobe Flash for extra ass-kicking effect.
                That site makes me laugh, and no one is going to be kissing your ass, viewing that site changes nothing. and I don't think anyone here is an "Apple advocate". Some of us own Apple products, and also have experience with Apple (which you don't! clearly, by many false statements you have made!). I like Apple but i still much prefer Gnu/Linux, there are just a few apps that i keep my Mac around for, and i do enjoy the interface... Myself, i will eventually phase out Apple - maybe if Apple ever changes their EULA, so i can run Snowy or Lion in VMware on my linux host - i would continue to use OSX for CS5 mainly, but if Adobe ever releases their main product line for Linux - i would probably only use Linux. So i would hardly call me an Apple Fanboy or advocate. what i would call you though - A mis-informed Apple-hater/windows-fanboy...becuase that is what you are!

I am not a Windows fanboy. Two reasons:
                -Proprietary;
                -Quality.
                Niether of these qualities have anything to do with whether or not you are a fanboy.

I just like to give credit where it's due. Darwin, you fucktards, can't run on mutiple computers at the same time, while the NT kernel can. I mean parts of the kernel (not multiple kernels on multiple computers) each microkernel server on a seperate server for whatever purpose, meaning that you can build a server park that never crashes.
                no one even suggested Darwin was designed for this type of application (which it isn't!). So who's really the f@#$tard??? (rhetorical question) - you are bud!

If NT was as good for this type of purpose, as you think. NT would be running every super-computer, everyone from google, Amazon, Intel, IBM to facebook would be using a MS-based backend - but they are not. In practice (not theory!) NT isn't all that good for these types of applications and is far LESS reliable, than *nix systems. Nor, is it worth paying the Licensing fees. So clearly, while you seem to think it is better than anything else for this type of application - all of the big players - would probably have disagree with you...

Consider this my last post in this thread.
                awesome. bye bye

Comment

It's not an exaggeration. For less money than the entry level cost of a mac book pro, you can buy a dell or HP laptop with twice the ram and a faster CPU with more cores.

Of course you don't look as cool while you are sipping your honey almond cappuccino pretending to write a screenplay with a Dell or HP, but you have more money.
                  Four year old specs eh?

MacBook Pro with M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max chips. Up to 22 hours of battery life. The world’s best laptop display. Now in a new color: Space Black.

Wow Apple must really got advanced allocation of those i5's. Shit they must of had them a good 2-3 years before everyone else.

Comment

Four year old specs eh?

MacBook Pro with M3, M3 Pro, and M3 Max chips. Up to 22 hours of battery life. The world’s best laptop display. Now in a new color: Space Black.

Wow Apple must really got advanced allocation of those i5's. Shit they must of had them a good 2-3 years before everyone else.
                    And for slightly less money you can buy a Dell with a screen you'll be able to comfortably read with an i7 and twice the RAM of that status symbol.

Comment

And for slightly less money you can buy a Dell with a screen you'll be able to comfortably read with an i7 and twice the RAM of that status symbol.
                      I'm still not seeing 4 year old specs....

Comment

Working...
                      X