Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoEffex
    replied
    So the ads suck ass. It's fine when you have some ads that don't pop out and make noise but the two that suck ass are the one on the bottom and the ones that pop out on mouseover.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by devius View Post
    It seems to load pages a little bit faster. The real test will come on the next big traffic news though.
    Okay. Monday

Leave a comment:

• devius
    replied
    It seems to load pages a little bit faster. The real test will come on the next big traffic news though.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by elanthis View Post
    Did you have magic globals on with the old server? It's off by default on all newer distros (and removed entirely in newer versions of PHP), which would explain why a newer server would make it suddenly stop working.
    No, I've had magic globals off for a couple years now. Ah well, it's working now, I just hope all other pages are working fine without bugs... Anyone's free to click away!

Leave a comment:

• elanthis
    replied
    Oh, also -- new server is definitely way faster.

I'm assuming most users are seeing the new server by now and this isn't just because the new server has unusually low traffic.

Leave a comment:

• elanthis
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Fixed now I think... Very interesting bug. I have no idea how it happened, or rather how the old site even managed to work with the PHXCMS content management system I wrote. When connecting to the new server, I couldn't even find the line of PHP that reads the $_GET variable used for reading the page number from the URL... so that variable was never defined on the new server. It somehow magically went missing in the migration I guess.
    Did you have magic globals on with the old server? It's off by default on all newer distros (and removed entirely in newer versions of PHP), which would explain why a newer server would make it suddenly stop working.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    BTW, is anyone getting the vBulletin email notifications? I'm not so I think that might be down...

Leave a comment:

• sabriah
    replied
    Up and running

I'll click a few ads just to make people happy!

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Plombo View Post
    There is a very big problem with the new server. On any multi-page article, attempting to view any page except the first displays the first page instead.
    Fixed now I think... Very interesting bug. I have no idea how it happened, or rather how the old site even managed to work with the PHXCMS content management system I wrote. When connecting to the new server, I couldn't even find the line of PHP that reads the $_GET variable used for reading the page number from the URL... so that variable was never defined on the new server. It somehow magically went missing in the migration I guess.

Leave a comment:

• Plombo
    replied
    Problem

There is a very big problem with the new server. On any multi-page article, attempting to view any page except the first displays the first page instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X