Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[extremely offtopic] The coolest, most memorable video you will ever see in your life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhm, well. Let's see... I, uhm, bought it on Blu-Ray, and then downloaded it through p2p. Since I bought the Blu-Ray, I was licensed to download it.

(I wasn't that convincing, huh? :P)

Comment

The question, if the at the edges of the known universe, or let us say 3 billions light years away, we are seeing now the light of objects 3 billions yrs ago, I just want to know what is going on there now?

Comment

Originally posted by Beiruty View Post
        The question, if the at the edges of the known universe, or let us say 3 billions light years away, we are seeing now the light of objects 3 billions yrs ago, I just want to know what is going on there now?
        you should call them and just ask. But beware, intergalactic rates are very high.

Comment

We'll know in three billion years :P

Comment

Maybe the universe has ended and we can't see it yet. Or maybe something amazing is taking place and we will never know.
            Amazing video!

PS: I ticked the 720p option and it stuttered a bit. Thank you for that Adobe!!

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              We'll know in three billion years :P
              with the expansion rate increasing:not.

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                with the expansion rate increasing:not.
                And that's probably assuming the geometry assumptions for the universe are correct. I recall some recent study claiming while re-checking WMAP results they came to the conclusion that the it's not 98% certain as previously thought that the universe is flat but instead 60% certain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_the_Universe is about the possible other shapes but it doesn't seem to include the recent study I read about. I should probably have to try to find the reference.
                All those "speed of expansion" stuff get a lot weirder if we're living in a spherical or a hyperbolic universe instead.

Comment

How funny is this? At first we were arguing about the earth being flat or round and now we are arguing about the universe being flat or round

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
                    How funny is this? At first we were arguing about the earth being flat or round and now we are arguing about the universe being flat or round
                    Yeah but at least no one claimed the Earth is a hyperboloid.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                      Yeah but at least no one claimed the Earth is a hyperboloid.
                      Well that's interesting because you could walk in a bunch of directions and come back at the same place, while still being able to fall down from the edge of earth

Comment

Working...
                      X