X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    ... and just like that, the Annual Phoronix "it blowed up real good" Tour was born.
    Great idea, John.

Leave a comment:

• bridgman
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    How does one go about doing that?
    ... and just like that, the Annual Phoronix "it blowed up real good" Tour was born.

Leave a comment:

• zbiggy
    replied
    I remember that day

Hey Mike if you are going to Chernobyl remember to visit Chernobyl-2 the "Russian Woodpecker" also known as "Eye of Moscow". This is very big shortwave over horizontal radar "Duga-2" type directed to West Europe.
    It was build to detect the planes and rockets flying from USA and West Europe. The Chernobyl powerhouse was mainly built to power this secret gigantic radar. Nowadays you can see it on Google Earth or maps near to Chernobyl complex The fairy tales for bad children say the radar operated on the same frequencies as human brain. Rumors say it was designed to make Western soldiers insane and lazy in case of attack from the West.

Leave a comment:

• movieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

I think there are some other sites you can visit around America, the 'Atomic Tourist' web site has a list, but it doesn't seem to have been updated in a few years.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by movieman View Post
    I'm mad for applying for a place on the US government's tours of the nuclear test sites in Nevada

Leave a comment:

• movieman
    replied
    Geez, and my girlfriend thinks I'm mad for applying for a place on the US government's tours of the nuclear test sites in Nevada .

Good luck and remember to take plenty of vodka to protect you against the radiation . If I was still living in Britain I'd fly over for the day!

Leave a comment:

• phtpht
    replied
    Originally posted by loonyphoenix View Post
    Wow, this is random. My first thought was, "Wait, WHAT?". My second thought was the same... My third thought was that I live A LOT closer, yet I have never had any desire to visit that ghastly place.
    Exactly my thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• whizse
    replied
    Geiger counter? Cloth tied to a metal nut is too good for a modern stalker?

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by DoDoENT View Post
    Here are some pictures of Chernobyl I've found: http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2...-of-chernobyl/

The place looks rather interesting.
    Interesting, hadn't seen those before. Nice photos, but still amazed there aren't too many high resolution photographs of Chernobyl.

Leave a comment:

• DoDoENT
    replied
    Here are some pictures of Chernobyl I've found: http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2...-of-chernobyl/

The place looks rather interesting.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X