Red Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Star

The Korea Herald is South Korea’s largest English-language daily and the country’s sole member of the Asia News Network (ANN).

I'm sort of curious if they distribute source code with the distro. If not, I wonder if gpl-violations.org would have any chance to get them to comply?

The Red Star is based on Linux, a free and open software operating system, but looks a lot like the Microsoft Windows on display. It also has a similar user interface.
    Eww! Probably using one of those ugly "XP" GTK+ themes.

Comment

But of course! Given that Apple (and possibly Microsoft too) explicitly forbids using it's software to produce nuclear weapons, they really had no choice but to go for something using the GPL, which is free for any use. Upstanding and law abiding citizens of the world, as they are.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
        Eww! Probably using one of those ugly "XP" GTK+ themes.
        Not at all!

And let me be the first noting that KDE is the choice of the communists.

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
          Not at all!

I guess that would make Gnome the choice of Stalinists?

Comment

Originally posted by whizse View Post
            But of course! Given that Apple (and possibly Microsoft too) explicitly forbids using it's software to produce nuclear weapons, they really had no choice but to go for something using the GPL, which is free for any use. Upstanding and law abiding citizens of the world, as they are.
            That's nothing, the disclaimer my fuel pump for my old truck from TRW says it is not to be used in outer space or medical applications.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              I guess that would make Gnome the choice of Stalinists?
              I don't think so. AFAIK North-Korea is a Stalinist country, and their choice is clearly KDE. Stallmanists however do like GNOME

Comment

Originally posted by yotambien View Post
                Not at all!

Eww KDE! That's even worse than GNOME with "XP" theme.

Comment

They say the dear leader wrote the entire thing for the good of the korean children.

Comment

Originally posted by monraaf View Post
                    AFAIK North-Korea is a Stalinist country,
                    North Korea's official state of idealism is Juche.

Comment

Working...
                    X