Programming Contest - prove your skill - solve a programming puzzle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Timeline, continued)

ROUND D (began on 07/05 01:08 UTC) (task description)
    (no submissions)

Explanation: how to solve the puzzle quickly.

Solutions for ROUND 3, submitted after the end of ROUND X:
    (solutions of various types)

Start of post-contest discussion.​

Comment

• Solve for X, cowards, you won't:

floor((e^pi + sqrt((-1)^3)) / sin(pi/2))=X

u r nat a reel progamer if u dunt do dis

Comment

• Originally posted by ol3geezer View Post
        Solve for X, cowards, you won't:
        We should all listen to this brilliant man, who also once said:
        "1.0 is the final version ALWAYS. once you hit 1.0 then you're done and you're software no longer receives updates. this is common sense".

Comment

• Originally posted by drastic View Post
          We should all listen to this brilliant man, who also once said:
          "1.0 is the final version ALWAYS. once you hit 1.0 then you're done and you're software no longer receives updates. this is common sense".
          That's the least of it. I've consistently said very smart and knowledgeable things and scrolling through my post history will enlighten you into the sheer genius of my intellect.

My favorite is this one: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...e2#post1476681

Comment

• Originally posted by ol3geezer View Post
            That's the least of it. I've consistently said very smart and knowledgeable things and scrolling through my post history will enlighten you into the sheer genius of my intellect.

My favorite is this one: https://www.phoronix.com/forums/foru...e2#post1476681
            Well, at least it's funny.
            But I have noticed you; you have posted a ton of "funny" posts recently (since when I started looking).

Comment

• Still waiting for a simpler solution than this one:

PHP Code:
              int f(int s)
              {
                  if (
              f1(s) && !f3(s)) return s;
                  do {
                      while (
              f2(s) && !f1(s));
                      if (!
              c2(s) && c22(s)) return s;
                  } while (
              f3(s));
                  return 
              s;
              }
              ​ 

Comment

• Originally posted by felipec View Post
                Still waiting for a simpler solution than this one:

Code:
                int f(int s)
                {
                if (f1(s) && !f3(s)) return s;
                do {
                while (f2(s) && !f1(s));
                if (!c2(s) && c22(s)) return s;
                } while (f3(s));
                return s;
                }​
                How does this grab you?

Code:
                fn f(mut s: i32) -> i32 { if f1(s) && !f3(s) { return s; } while { while f2(s) && !f1(s) {} !c2(s) && c22(s) } { s } }
                ​Or this:

Code:
                IF (F1(S) AND NOT F3(S)) OR (NOT F3(S) AND (WHILE (F2(S) AND NOT F1(S)) AND (NOT C2(S) AND C22(S)))) THEN RETURN S ELSE PERFORM UNTIL NOT F3(S) END-PERFORM

Comment

• Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
                  How does this grab you?
                  sophisticles is now attempting to insert confusion into this thread by responding to an unrelated challenge.
                  This unrelated challenge is not endorsed by me (I am the gamemaster of the original contest).

sophisticles finished last in a 100% fair contest, provable by cryptographic methods.
                  In the contest, he couldn't solve a simple programming puzzle, despite his claims that he can do it easily:
                  "I am going for a walk, but when i get back i am going to write it in Python and test it with combinations of true/false evaluations so I can be sure it functions the same as your code and then I will port it to C, ..."

(and then, he needed a week to submit 4 failed attempts, while others solved the puzzle in less than a few hours)

Here is an example of his "best attempt".

sophisticles didn't manage to solve the original puzzle, even after a week of trying.

Comment

sophisticles is now attempting to insert confusion into this thread by responding to an unrelated challenge.
                    This unrelated challenge is not endorsed by me (I am the gamemaster of the original contest).

sophisticles finished last in a 100% fair contest, provable by cryptographic methods.
                    In the contest, he couldn't solve a simple programming puzzle, despite his claims that he can do it easily:
                    "I am going for a walk, but when i get back i am going to write it in Python and test it with combinations of true/false evaluations so I can be sure it functions the same as your code and then I will port it to C, ..."

(and then, he needed a week to submit 4 failed attempts, while others solved the puzzle in less than a few hours)

Here is an example of his "best attempt".

sophisticles didn't manage to solve the original puzzle, even after a week of trying.
                    Let me translate the above for everyone:

You do not understand the code I posted and are making excuses.

Also, this:

This unrelated challenge is not endorsed by me (I am the gamemaster

Makes me want to say that you should go plow yourself senseless, but I will be nice and say you have serious issues,

This is not your forum so it can not be an official contest unless Michael was the one to post it.

Michael is the only one that can have an "official" thread, contest, anything, not anyone else.

Comment

This unrelated challenge is not endorsed by me
                      It is very much related and everyone can see that.

(I am the gamemaster of the original contest).
                      Nobody cares. Your "challenge" was meaningless.

Comment

Working...
                      X