Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Germany's Sovereign Tech Fund Now Supporting FFmpeg

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Phoronos View Post
    Some countries are getting better : russia, india, china, brasil, iran, indonesia, south africa, venezuela, australia, ...
    Wait and see, but they are trying to break free from the usa and the dollar.
    At first I thought that the reason this didn't make any sense was because of all the vodka I have drunk but your statement is having the interesting effect of sobering me up, due to the increase in adrenaline flowing in my blood.

    So these are the countries according to you that are moving away from corruption and on a general uphill trajectory?

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by holunder View Post

      The bakeways in Peru are a cheap climate investment: Gifting them bakeways makes lots and lots of cars obsolete. It even was agreed by the former conservatives-led German government.
      There are public places to bake in Peru?

      And baking there somehow makes cars obsolete?

      When i sober up I may just buy a plane ticket to this magical land.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

        At first I thought that the reason this didn't make any sense was because of all the vodka I have drunk but your statement is having the interesting effect of sobering me up, due to the increase in adrenaline flowing in my blood.

        So these are the countries according to you that are moving away from corruption and on a general uphill trajectory?
        And citing Australia as one of the countries that can't wait to "break free" from this US

        But then again, no one said that Kremlin propaganda drones were smart.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by jacob View Post

          And citing Australia as one of the countries that can't wait to "break free" from this US

          But then again, no one said that Kremlin propaganda drones were smart.
          Break free(ly) their population without USA interference, that is. I corrected your statement!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by sophisticles View Post

            There are public places to bake in Peru?

            And baking there somehow makes cars obsolete?

            When i sober up I may just buy a plane ticket to this magical land.
            Here in Australia there are lots of public parbecues but public baking ovens that's a great idea.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
              This is just too funny!
              uid313 wants everything (re)written in Rust. It was funny at first, but now it's sad. Use a sandbox or something if you're really that paranoid about malformed media files.

              Comment


              • #37
                This kind of support should come from more governments, more companies.

                Where are all the billions when we need them for common good?

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Phoronos View Post
                  Some countries are getting better : russia, india, china, brasil, iran, indonesia, south africa, venezuela, australia, ...
                  Wait and see, but they are trying to break free from the usa and the dollar.
                  Originally posted by jacob View Post

                  Hey Putin, is that you?
                  It's just some Axis Sally or Mouth of Sauron. They should be getting an insta-ban on any normal forum.
                  Last edited by shmerl; 17 May 2024, 01:18 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                    I think FFmpeg needs to be written in a memory-safe language such as Rust. I think it is too dangerous to let these media codecs be written in C since they're used to play untrusted media from unknown sources and they might even autoplay when you visit a website.
                    Rust wont suddenly make untrusted binaries from the web trusted.
                    It might catch some memory safety things though.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                      I think FFmpeg needs to be written in a memory-safe language such as Rust. I think it is too dangerous to let these media codecs be written in C since they're used to play untrusted media from unknown sources and they might even autoplay when you visit a website.
                      The ignorance is not surprising.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X