Linux Foundation Launches The High Performance Software Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jakobson View Post

Windows support is also under development. Keep in mind that package development is typically done on desktops.
    You're quite right, I was looking at it too narrowly. Thx.

Comment

Another useless bureaucratic piece of ***

Comment

The bouncer told electron to f*off.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
          Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) -- OpenZFS. They do more than that, but that's what I know them for.
          Also Slurm:

Comment

They better enforce the use of Assembly language in the software sponsored by this foundation, or else they will receive a strong worded letter from me.

Comment

Originally posted by numacross View Post
              HPC software distribution is a fascinating problem with some ingenious solutions like EESSI, which uses the globally distributed CernVM-FS network filesystem to share common HPC software without the hassle of having to build everything yourself. They use EasyBuild instead of Spack, and a very interesting compatibility layer based on Gentoo.
              Glad that this is getting noticed - it is actually an amazing project with a potential to take over the world. It definitely saves a huge amount of time when rolling out a new HPC system and you can use it on your desktop too, easily.

Comment

High Performance?
                That would mean to kick out useless software bloat in the first place. But that is just my personal opinion. ;-)
                Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

Working...
                X