XZ Struck By Malicious Code That Could Allow Unauthorized Remote System Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by avis View Post
    Somewhat valid? And no examples again? Thanks for confirming the last sentence for the Nth time.
    In the meantime I don't understand why the "Windows is full of backdoors" mythology is so close to Linux fans. I guess with the amount of time you've wasted tinkering with Linux to get it to work, you need some internal justification. That'll work, right. Just try to be I don't know be honest with yourself, will you? I guess not.
    install W10Privacy and you can see that windows itself is the backdoor.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

Somewhat valid? And no examples again? Thanks for confirming the last sentence for the Nth time.

In the meantime I don't understand why the "Windows is full of backdoors" mythology is so close to Linux fans. I guess with the amount of time you've wasted tinkering with Linux to get it to work, you need some internal justification. That'll work, right. Just try to be I don't know be honest with yourself, will you? I guess not.
      I wonder which is lacking, my english or your understanding ?
      - is there, yes or no, some history of windows being voluntarily vulnerable that some US agencies have an edge over other countries ?
      - is there, yes or no, a history of NSA voluntarily weakening some crypto algos so that they can pown them at will the easy way ?
      - do US laws, yes or no, make it so that corps have to obey agencies and can't even talk about what was asked specifically ?
      - was there, yes or no, pressure against kernel devs to let some vulnerabilities pass in the last years ?
      - given the previous points, are there, yes or no, some strong reasons to think that all and every operating system largely used is somewhat compromised ?

It's so obvious I wonder why you can't help but continue arguing against common sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by lateo View Post

I wonder which is lacking, my english or your understanding ?
        - is there, yes or no, some history of windows being voluntarily vulnerable that some US agencies have an edge over other countries ?
        - is there, yes or no, a history of NSA voluntarily weakening some crypto algos so that they can pown them at will the easy way ?
        - do US laws, yes or no, make it so that corps have to obey agencies and can't even talk about what was asked specifically ?
        - was there, yes or no, pressure against kernel devs to let some vulnerabilities pass in the last years ?
        - given the previous points, are there, yes or no, some strong reasons to think that all and every operating system largely used is somewhat compromised ?

It's so obvious I wonder why you can't help but continue arguing against common sense.
        The word "English" is always capitalized, and I know that despite not being a native English speaker. So, something might be lacking on your side, sir.

Logic and common sense are normally based on solid evidence and you've failed to provide any. Not a single citation. I have to take your word for it. Nope.

People here have been claiming "Windows is spyware". They are talking about right effing now, not your insinuations about past "events" and "revelations". Those are largely or completely irrelevant even if they were true. The onus of proving this is on you since you decided to show off.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Here's a nice bit of trivia about me: at university I aced the following subjects: logic, philosophy, rhetoric and psychology. BS'ing, even if everyone in the class was pushing it, including the professor, that didn't work on me. And, oh boy, I caught my professors being wrong on multiple occasions. Even if the entire Linux community is BS'ing itself and others about the virtues of Linux and ostensible Windows faults will also not work with me. I'm allergic to BS. Windows is not perfect, but Linux is not perfect either. Far from it. Linux's biggest virtue is the fact that it's Open Source. Anyone (with time, will, determination and qualifications) can hack it. That's about it.
        Last edited by avis; 02 April 2024, 03:16 PM.

Comment

The word "English" is always capitalized, and I know that despite not being a native English speaker. So, something might be lacking on your side, sir.

Logic and common sense are normally based on solid evidence and you've failed to provide any. Not a single citation. I have to take your word for it. Nope.

People here have been claiming "Windows is spyware". They are talking about right effing now, not your insinuations about past "events" and "revelations". Those are largely or completely irrelevant even if they were true. The onus of proving this is on you since you decided to show off.

Have a nice day.

P.S. Here's a nice bit of trivia about me: at university I aced the following subjects: logic, philosophy, rhetoric and psychology. BS'ing, even if everyone in the class is pushing it, including the professor, doesn't work on me. And, oh boy, I caught my professors being wrong on multiple occasions. Even if the entire Linux community is BS'ing itself and others about the virtues of Linux and ostensible Windows faults will also not work with me. I'm allergic to BS. Windows is not perfect, but Linux is even worse than Windows. Linux's biggest virtue is the fact that it's Open Source. Anyone (with time, will, determination and qualifications) can hack it. That's about it.
          I liked your post for the fun provided.

Have a nice life, wherever it's happening.

Comment

I liked your post for the fun provided.
            Have a nice life, wherever it's happening.
            avid/birdie is known to be resistance to proof provided to him. just see how he ignores my post about W10Privacy.

just install a windows 10 or windows 11 and then run W10Privacy and then you can see what spy option you can officially turn on or off in the windows registry.

and if you know the toggle key names in the registry you do not need the software W10Privacy you can use regedit from microsoft and toggle the on/off switches yourself.

but spoiler allert on consumer based windows licences any and avery spy option is active. only expensive business licenses have some options disabled by default.

Comment

• Originally posted by qarium View Post
              only expensive business licenses have some options disabled by default.
              Win10 LTSC with 10 years support is not bad stuff.
              Not much unwanted requests catched by network firewalls.

Then you harden it with gov level security policies.
              Then you're as ok as you can be considering the US gov interest and meddling in this business.
              Last edited by lateo; 02 April 2024, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Win10 LTSC with 10 years support is not bad stuff.
                Not much unwanted requests catched by network firewalls.
                Then you harden it with gov level security policies.
                Then you're as ok as you can be considering the US gov interest and meddling in this business.
                i did not try win10 LTSC but i am 100% sure if you start W10Privacy on win10 LTSC you will be surprised.

also see this startup-boost problem with Microsoft edge... its 100% sure that this harmfull and dangerous function is active in Win10 LTSC

Comment

• Originally posted by qarium View Post

i did not try win10 LTSC but i am 100% sure if you start W10Privacy on win10 LTSC you will be surprised.
                  Microsoft doesn't push for LTSC adoption **at all**, they make it sound like it's for medical or industrial usage, a somewhat uncool system you shouldn't use for desktop.
                  That alone should make you think about it. Consider LTSC a "bare Win10", without bells and whistles. It's completely free of crapware.

YOU may be surprised if using your privacy tool on it
                  As far as I remember, Edge isn't even installed by default ; media components stuff sure aren't.

Comment

Microsoft doesn't push for LTSC adoption **at all**, they make it sound like it's for medical or industrial usage, a somewhat uncool system you shouldn't use for desktop.
                    That alone should make you think about it. Consider LTSC a "bare Win10", without bells and whistles. It's completely free of crapware.
                    YOU may be surprised if using your privacy tool on it
                    As far as I remember, Edge isn't even installed by default ; media components stuff sure aren't.
                    yes you are right and it is like you say. its clear why microsoft do not want to advertise it they want to sell windows 11 and they make a lot of money with the users data. and as you say with windows 10 LTSC people could use windows 10 much longer than the normal windows 10 version.

but... we fight against disinformation here and this kind of disinformation as you rightfully say comes from microsoft themself. they have no interest in the truth at all.

if in the end of 2024 the regular windows 10 supports end many people will be forced to buy new computer with windows 11 because their hardware is incompatible with windows 11... they should use linux or as you say windows 10 LTSC instead.

sadly this forum is used by people who spread misinformation the 2 worst posters in my point of view is avis and sophisticles...

Comment

• Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

Linux, too, was written 30 years ago based on an architetcture from 60 years ago. In addition, it was done by a student. It must be safe and thoughtful LOL .
                      Sounds like you should familiarise yourself with the differences in the architectures.

Notre dam was built in the 1100s, your mums basement in the projects isnt better just because it was built some 800 years later.

Comment

Working...
                      X