Linux Kernel Networking Driver Development Impacted By Russian Sanctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gotar View Post
    Then why don't you answer a trivial question: what is the country where your system exists? Otherwise it is - well, "non existent" by definition.
    i did made a proposal for this there does not need any country where the system exists.

its just black rhetoric from you because you hate a more democratic system.
    Phantom circuit Sequence Reducer Dyslexia

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v
      Ukraine could do it in a civilized way..
      It makes me sad because Ukraine could have solved this problem peacefully, instead they sent the army to commit genocide on civilians.
      Yeah that makes me sad!

The case is the Same as Kosovo, and the UN International Court of Justice, already spoken about this type of situations, and its very clear!
      "...in exercising the right to self-determination, the territory of a state is not obliged to apply for permission to declare its sovereignty to the country’s central authorities."

International Law is for all, you don't create laws that apply only to a certain part of the world...that is anarchy...Law is Law, its for one, its for all!That is what Law means.
      And in the case they say explicitly "the territory of a state", it could be any state..its Law.

However, don't start thinking that by normal means, any territory can declare independence, ..no, there need to be a threat to the self-determination of a population, for this Laws to apply.
      I'm not an international lawyer nor lawyer at all and I think you are not a lawyer too, and my point is different, abstracting from who claims what. Because obviously Ukrainians woudn't agree with what you said at all.

In general the Law should protect people, not enslave them. Every action can be done from good or bad will. Law should protect against situation of bad will to protect victims and judge as unlawful actions taken from bad will. You cannot make hostile takeover of a company. That's why circumstances matter. It's not like it should be OK when sb acts like it is OK but it is not. Every situation is different. And some laws may contradict to each other. That's why there is need for sb from outside of conflict to judge it.​
      Last edited by ququk; 17 March 2023, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
        That's history. And no, the US did not genocide them, it was the British, because the US was a British colony in the first place, until the independence.
        The US did tons of native American genocide throughout the 1800's. It definitely wasn't exclusive to the British times.

I'm talking the present here. I don't fucking hate the Japanese just because of what happened in WW2 and that's much closer to the present than your ancient history. I don't care about the past, else we'd have never ending grudges.
        Quite true.

Comment

• nope.
          Last edited by tuxd3v; 31 July 2023, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anux View Post
            What the f? Who teached you about democracy? In a democracy people elect their leaders not force them onto the rest with weapons.
            shame you didn't say that to the Yanukovych who was happy to send ORMO (and than police armed with live ammo) against the protesters, which caused a chain reaction and ended up him running away to the safe harbour of Russia.

Comment

• Originally posted by post-factum View Post

Politics — maybe. War crimes — definitely not.
              I don't understand your meaning. The programmer contributing patches isn't committing war crimes, nor do the patches seem intended or likely to help others commit war crimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Weasel View Post
                That's history. And no, the US did not genocide them, it was the British, because the US was a British colony in the first place, until the independence. And of course the British did have an empire and colonies.

I'm talking the present here. I don't fucking hate the Japanese just because of what happened in WW2 and that's much closer to the present than your ancient history. I don't care about the past, else we'd have never ending grudges.
                You have a British heritage; your continued a long trend of European (Spanish, French, Dutch mostly) subversion tactics to gain advantages where you could.

What people dont comprehend, is EVRERY race, regardless of the border, engages in some sort inhumane activity. It is a perspective game, and so long as we retain our individual insights, there will always be conflict in one form or another. Hopefully less violently, but hey, human nature?

Which is where the exploitation by leadership comes in. Usually where they see complacency, and why the extremists and fringes right now are making headway. We got comfortable, sittimg in front of our devices.

The US, as they encroached in to aboriginal territory did deplorable things. It's all there, ready to be digested, and theres always new material coming out detailing this.

I'm from a British penal colony country; my forebears (the English side, anyway) are not guilt free.

The specifics are coming out now, and people personally related to the rascals are feeling the pressure even more to learn about the people's who their forebears either wiped out, or pushed out, in an attempt to apologise, make reperations and get them living back on their country again.

It's a slow and painful process to look oneself in the mirror knowing this while you have blood on your hands and call yourself honest, or worse, ethical.

Disavowing it happened is just an extremely rude, insulting slap in the face to a people who used to live where you now do.
                Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
                  Nope, there are ways to to that without direct democracy as well.
                  At least in all current democracy's it isn't the case. There are frequent decisions against voters interests. Or did half of the democratic world request to be under illegal mass surveillance?
                  Exactly, that's why they were new elections after protest.
                  Perfect, after the invasion of the Donbas there were also elections, that must mean Russia is a democracy?
                  Nothing specific, just don't use Russian sources.
                  What would a Russian source change on the definition of democracy? BTW I don't even speak Russian but I can easily see what you're trying to do here.
                  Yes, America is part of NATO but that doesn't mean everything that America does is also what NATO does.
                  Sure and I never said anything different. Maybe try to read and understand what I wrote?
                  So are you going to say that Kazakhstan is involved in Syria or Ukraine war because Russia is involved in that wars and Russia is part of CSTO?
                  Dude, do you even logic? Or is this just the worst instance of a straw man?

First Syria and Iraq and now Yugoslavia. Honestly how many examples of US wars are you going to take to prove that Russia can do wars as well?
                  Yugoslavia was a NATO war. Not even NATO itself is denying this.

Either you are against wars
                  Is there any indication that I'm not? Please provide the quote or stop straw manning (<- is this even a word? .

Originally posted by tuxd3v View Post
                  Of-course that Other American company's couldn't compete with T-Platforms, in price...how do you solve the problem?
                  Its simple, you say that T-Platforms could be spying for Russia, and you apply sanctions to that company!
                  But, but, at least Huawei was spying and not blocked out of economic interests? Because else it looks like this is Americas way of dealing with competition in a free market ...

Originally posted by gotar View Post
                  The real problem is with "native" Europeans themself - they used to be governed and are too lazy to go voting.
                  I can only speak for a small part of them, but they don't vote because they came to realize that it doesn't change anything. Even if there is a change of the ruling party, the outcome for us is always the same, they take away our freedoms, rights and privacy, step by step and happily participate in any war they can. I myself had this realization but I still vote just in case I'm wrong, at least it doesn't hurt to vote.​

Comment

• Originally posted by Jabberwocky View Post
                    You would think that it's ironic that Mandela got a noble peace prize after multiple war crimes
                    That price is a joke at best, probably just another propaganda tool. But it's a good indicator that someone is a war criminal like Obama.

Yes we, the open source community, should try to distance our selves as much as possible from political idiots or ideologies. Conveniently looking away while war crimes are committed is absurd and inhumane.
                    Denying a patch has nothing to do with looking away. It doesn't change anything other than making free software worse.

For those claiming governments don't use open source software to fight wars: I pity the fool. I pity you.
                    And one shouldn't release it's software under a license that explicitly allows the use in war and then come around and try to prevent it with insufficient methods.​

Originally posted by szymon_g View Post
                    shame you didn't say that to the Yanukovych
                    Uh, i didn't see him post here, does he have a different username on phoronix?​

Comment

• Originally posted by hotaru View Post

of course it's not part of Russia. it hasn't been since 1917, more than 100 years ago.
                      Nobody wants to admit, a war within one's own territory is atypically called a civil war, because this would make Russia look extremely unstable causing more problems for other civilized countries. So everybody keeps pretending everything is just fine, factually citing Russia started a major war with another sovereign Country, with little to no provocation.

Either way the Russia/Ukraine war is examined, Russia is still in trouble. A similar scenario, the US invades California.

We're just a little smarter, waiting for it to break-off from the continent, and into the ocean!

Might also want to read-up on Russia WIkipedia and it's politics. Things are not always what they seem!

Comment

Working...
                      X