Linux Kernel Networking Driver Development Impacted By Russian Sanctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stella View Post
    Instead of parroting each country's individual propaganda and start fighting over it, could we "please" just stick to the facts. If someone is so concerned with patches not being up to par, they should put in the work to verify it.

There are many players in this game, and all with their own agenda.
    This; just flag it somehow (use a holding 'feature' in the system?) for a round of vetting to verify it's not bad actors material.
    Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by piotrj3 View Post

This is way more complicated historically aspect, because Hitler initially wanted ot ally with Poland to attack Soviets. We denied and he allied with Soviets against us...
      It was my impression Hitler wanted Prussia-an d-then-some back, and allied with Russia to split Poland between them.

Then Hitler showed his smarts and attacked the largest country in the world.

Should have tried it Catherines way; marry one of the bastards and its all yours!
      Hi

Comment

• Originally posted by wangling View Post
        Is this open source that belongs to the world or just to the United States?

According to the same logic, why has the United States, which has invaded the most countries and killed the most civilians since World War II, not been prohibited from contributing?

Brother, go and see how many "overseas bases" there are in the United States. A plot of land has been set aside in other countries and is under the management of the United States, with American troops stationed.

I don't know how a colony is defined in the United States, but in my country," "overseas base" "is just a colony with a different name.
        And do tell us how the United States owns the land in and around your mentioned areas of interest, and are only there taking/exporting money/resources from the inhabitants of those Countries. I'd sure like to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuxd3v
          Russia will never ever fight a war in its territory.
          Russia will do everything to prevent a war, but in case of not being successful, Russia will put its security first, and fight that war outside borders.
          Russia's fighting a war in it's territory right now. Or are you admitting that the Donbas isn't a part of Russia, because that's the kind of thing that would get you thrown in jail if you lived in Russia.

Comment

• Look, if you want to understand those self-righteous neo-Leftists, it's quite simple:

All that Gender/Queer/Fight Russia/whatever crap is a valve for their inner hatred and their suppressed feelings. They are just cowards so they always pick some "moral value" which their society as a whole, or at least the main stream media, has already agreed upon.

Here in Europe we have many of those people who hysterically shout "no nations, no borders" and the next minute they say "we have to defend the Ukrainian nation, we have to restore the borders!".

They are just mentally ill people who were not successful with the opposite sex so they start ranting about "toxic masculinity" or "TERFs", and they were not brave enough to commit to their own country so they fully adopt "the Ukrainian matter" and worship corrupt Selenskyj and his oligarchs, without knowing anything about the country and its history.

Those cowardly Neo-Leftists thirst for social recognition, so basically everything they do is specifically done in the open and often in a theatrical matter (here: mailing list).

Need to be removed from all places of power before they can do more damage.

Comment

• Originally posted by post-factum View Post

It's not only me who thinks that the majority of moscovians support this war. There are public polling results that back this.
              Lmao. Public polls in [almost] totalitarian country ruled by police violence and arbitrary treatment. They are sure 100% accurate. No doubt.
              Cuz those who say they support this war don't want them to be punished for saying "No". Let me tell you what most people do in Russia when they are asked such (and actually less dangerous) questions? They turn around and walk away.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

Russia's fighting a war in it's territory right now. Or are you admitting that the Donbas isn't a part of Russia, because that's the kind of thing that would get you thrown in jail if you lived in Russia.
                of course it's not part of Russia. it hasn't been since 1917, more than 100 years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                  There are also a fuck-ton of Pacific Islands that have been annexed by the US. Before, during, and after WW2.
                  I think this is a bit of an overstatement, but it's interesting history so I looked up the details. The US only has four inhabited island (chains) that I know of in the Pacific. If I'm forgetting any, let me know.

1. Hawaii, in 1898. There's some pretty interesting stories about how this came to be.
                  2. Guam. Also in 1898, ceded by the Spanish after the Spanish-American war ended.
                  3. American Samoa, in 1900. The islands were mostly split between Germany and the US.
                  4. Northern Mariana Islands, taken from Japan in WW2, who in turn took them from Germany during WW1.
                  5. And I guess the US bought Alaska from Russia back in 1867, and that includes some associated islands if you wanted to count that.

The American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands voted to stay in the US in the 60's and 70's, respectively, and obviously Hawaii/Alaska are pretty happy about how things turned out. I'm not sure if Guam has ever officially voted on staying in the US or not, but I'm not aware of any real desire there to leave and be their own country.

Then there are 8 uninhabited islands, mostly just tiny little rocks. Some of them might have a little airport runway, others are too small even for that.
                  1. Baker Island - 1856
                  2. Howland Island - 1856
                  3. Jarvis Island - 1856
                  4. Johnson Atoll - 1858
                  5. Midway Atoll - 1859​
                  6. Kingman Reef - 1860
                  7. Palmyra Atoll - 1898 - this one was owned by Hawaii, so the US got it by proxy
                  8. Wake Island - 1899

My understanding is that a lot of these were related to some guano mining concern back in the mid 19th century. I'm also pretty sure at least some of these were discovered by the US and not claimed by anyone else, though I haven't done much research here.

The US was definitely pretty imperialistic back in the day, first in expanding the US across North America and then attempting to become a world power with various pacific islands. But I'm not really aware of much going on for the last 100 years. As you can see most of this happened right around 1856 and again in 1898. I'd be interested what islands you are talking about post-WW2, maybe they were briefly annexed and then let go?

Oh, there was also the Philippines, granted to the US in 1898 by Spain again. Some nasty stuff went on there, and they were eventually granted independence after WW2.
                  Last edited by smitty3268; 17 March 2023, 03:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by qarium View Post

maybe every country does this... yes but the USA did this in advance mode:

The USA did focus on hire LOW-IQ people to be troops of US army to get them killed in Vietnam War​.
                    Indeed. Also why a slew of "experimental vaccines" are required for all low level military personel. Sometime look into "vaccination predicts epidemic" - evidence is basically unlimited and merely muddied by propaganda, so you must develop an eye for it. Notice the US commercial is trying to get all LGBTQ+++ people into the military, while Russia is trying to kill off the loads of self-identifying alpha males they have. Ukraine was handing out guns in the streets to whomever wanted to use one when I was there. It is always via consent! This is just a natural cycle of life; become disenfranchized and nihilistic and morally corrupt; then get put through strife and stress; come out the other side in one way or another.
                    Last edited by deusexmachina; 17 March 2023, 02:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by radeon View Post
                      Look, if you want to understand those self-righteous neo-Leftists, it's quite simple:

All that Gender/Queer/Fight Russia/whatever crap is a valve for their inner hatred and their suppressed feelings. They are just cowards so they always pick some "moral value" which their society as a whole, or at least the main stream media, has already agreed upon.

Here in Europe we have many of those people who hysterically shout "no nations, no borders" and the next minute they say "we have to defend the Ukrainian nation, we have to restore the borders!".

They are just mentally ill people who were not successful with the opposite sex so they start ranting about "toxic masculinity" or "TERFs", and they were not brave enough to commit to their own country so they fully adopt "the Ukrainian matter" and worship corrupt Selenskyj and his oligarchs, without knowing anything about the country and its history.

Those cowardly Neo-Leftists thirst for social recognition, so basically everything they do is specifically done in the open and often in a theatrical matter (here: mailing list).

Need to be removed from all places of power before they can do more damage.
                      Correct. But don't forget, it always plays both sides. So-called right wing Trump was president during the largest centralization (communist takeover) in the history of America. Almost everyone thought they had to shut down their business for the greater good (which of course many realized wasn't actually a law and their business did better than ever and they won in the courts). But the fake right was played; "we'll get our freedom, we just have to sacrifice all of our freedom first" (and similar). All governments are leftist by definition, so this duality is an illusion - as they say "two wings of the same bird." The solution starts with us; there is no such thing as a working system when its components (people) are corrupted. Likewise, the system as such is required so long as people are morally corrupt and incompetent. The farmers of humans must consolidate their system as it crumbles or their slaves will die off rapidly from malnutrition (most fat people have signs of malnutrition today, for example), depravity (excessive drug use, very dangerous drugs filtering in like fentanyl), and chaos (not being able to heat their homes, raise the next generation, etc).

Comment

Working...
                      X