Linux Kernel Networking Driver Development Impacted By Russian Sanctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tuxd3v

I follow this war in Ukraine since 2014, as I follow many others too.
    The war in Yemen, I don't follow, and because I didn't any homework on it, I can't have my own opinion of it!
    You should follow it using some other sources than Russian. Russia started war in 2014 because Ukrainians got rid of their puppet and wanted to get rid of their influence. That's why they invaded. They wanted to conquer country and put their control again. All that nazi and protecting people stuff is just fantasy.

Comment

• well hats off to phoronix they let this thread to this limit , if this was reddit lot of us straight getting kicked out.

Comment

• Originally posted by dragon321 View Post
        Ukrainians in 2014 got rid of Russian puppet president after he denied treaty with EU that most Ukrainians wanted. This is called democracy.
        What the f? Who teached you about democracy? In a democracy people elect their leaders not force them onto the rest with weapons.

US and Russia were intervening in the ukraine for very long, supporting/bribing local politicans and financing terrorgroups.

Russian security demands: "You are not allowed to have any weapons against us but we will have weapons against you". Like when they were demanding Poland and Baltic states to remove US weapons but in the same time they refused to remove weapons from Kaliningrad or Belarus.
        Do you atleast notice, that the US is playing the exact same game?

NATO is defensive pact.
        Defending a country is when you have war inside your borders. Everything else is attacking with laughable excuses. Americas war on terror is just their easy excuse to invade whomever they like.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightBit View Post
          I think maintainer is just carefull not to break any laws.
          If that is the case...for the sake of free software survival, the Linux kernel needs to go to a neutral country, that respects people freedoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightBit View Post
            Comfortable or not laws are above software licenses.
            If that is the case, remove the maintainer..
            If he is not impartial, if he violates the terms of the license, ans his purpose...you need to remove him, and assign a maintainer from a country that respects people freedoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anux View Post
              What the f? Who teached you about democracy? In a democracy people elect their leaders not force them onto the rest with weapons.
              Since when democratic leaders are supposed to do things that most of the citizens don't support? Maybe you will be shocked but democracy is not ending with elections. It's not like democratically elected leader can do whatever he/she wants and ignoring people will. So I suggest checking your sources about democracy again or even better yet, changing them.

Originally posted by Anux View Post
              US and Russia were intervening in the ukraine for very long, supporting/bribing local politicans and financing terrorgroups.
              Sure both countries had their own interest in Ukraine but it's Russia who invaded Ukraine, not US.

Do you atleast notice, that the US is playing the exact same game?
              When did I say that US is saint?

Defending a country is when you have war inside your borders. Everything else is attacking with laughable excuses. Americas war on terror is just their easy excuse to invade whomever they like.
              American wars are American wars, NATO has nothing to do with it. Did every NATO country invaded Iraq or Libya? No. Because they weren't NATO wars but American wars. Also NATO membership is not forced. Ask Poland or Baltic States why they joined NATO instead of siding with Russia.

Comment

• Politics hinder progress.

Comment

• Originally posted by SvenK View Post
                  Hitler would probably won these war if he would have the USSR for the end of the war and not attack it, when he was in war with the other allies.
                  Hitler assassinated 27 million innocent lives!!!

However in no way he could win the war against Soviet Union, in no way!
                  Hitler attacked Soviet Union with 90% or more of its forces, and in the end Soviets ended marching in Berlin, and the nazi Hitler had to commit suicide..

The Soviets learned their lesson... never trust any adversary!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kerbastrar

You must have missed the memo. Russians aren't allowed to have national security interests, and should just allow an openly-hostile NATO set up shop right next to their border
                    Russia's national security interests end at Russia's borders. If Russia wants to fight NATO in Russia, they have every right to do that. Is being in Russia really so unbearable that Putin can't have his war there instead of Ukraine?

Comment

• So MS Windows and Apple OS / IOS stay identical in quality, because they have their development teams in the West. Yet the Linux Kernel looses quality features / stability / security by choice to be woke.

Let's forget about the moral, you seldom see some competitor so stupid to commit partial suicide without any need.

So discussing the opinions about russia is pointless neither side will change their opinions through discussion, maybe real time events more inflation loosing the war etc, facts on the ground can do that.

So the question is, is there some guy going crazy and act alone but uses "we" in the message, who is "we" is he non-binary and believes that his pronoun is plural? And if not did he lie when he used the "we" and is the leaders of this project Linus ok with that supports that, so is it official procedure of the Linux project? If no, demote this guy so that he can't make such decisions anymore, if yes, there should be imminently be started a fork, a Bricks Linux and a western Linux. The damage wouldn't be that big because at least the bricks can pull all commits from vanilla, theoretically also the other way around, but it would be strange to not accept patches by email but pulling the same patches over git.

Even opening that door is even more suicidal of the linux team, they basically put forward the question if they are subjectable by such sanctions, if politicians or bureaucrats accept that and this is a president, then basically they could force the linux team to ensure that the product can't be "used" or copied by Russians, which would lead to some legal tivosization or forced propertarization making it closed source.

So I don't argue about that stuff, you don't try to argue with woke people, you go separate ways, that is true for Hollywood but also for software development.
                      1. is it only this person and the team itself disagrees or it a official linus sactions policy
                      2. depending on 1 fork
                      Last edited by blackiwid; 16 March 2023, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X