• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wswartzendruber View Post
    Why speak up for him?
    U mad bro? Mad he's not an NPC?

It's obvious that he hates Rust and has no intention of reconsidering with an open mind.
    I had an open mind until Rust successfully tested my patience almost exactly 3 years ago. Skin for skin. This language is unmaintainable and thank goodness for Debian for dropping packages written in this language like the droppings they are.

I can only judge you by the things you say. And from what I can tell, the sum total of your use of Rust is only so you can cry, whine, and complain.

*shrugs*
    I'm so sorry I don't have daddy's credit card so I can securely quit my job and lose my life developing a language half the world will hate.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoog View Post
      U mad bro? Mad he's not an NPC?

I had an open mind until Rust successfully tested my patience almost exactly 3 years ago. Skin for skin. This language is unmaintainable and thank goodness for Debian for dropping packages written in this language like the droppings they are.

I'm so sorry I don't have daddy's credit card so I can securely quit my job and lose my life developing a language half the world will hate.
      Dude, you are writing something in a forum where words should only help, this is not suppose to be kindergarten worth of insults. The rant had a response, you did your job and some explained (was it worth or not is not the question, it's to move on to more productive things that should be worth).

Comment

Originally posted by rmoog View Post
        What the hell is "fn", "mut", "len", "println"? It's "function", "mutable", "length", "print line" in Hungarian notation, the very notation that got C and C++ a reputation for being hardly readable, so ggwp for incorporating it into the core of the language.

And now I saw the following code.

Code:
        macro_rules! extra_str_traits {
        ($t: ty) => {
        impl From<&OsStr> for $t {​
        What is $? All of a sudden a new character? Did Rust just turn into PHP or what?

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Code:
          What is $? All of a sudden a new character? Did Rust just turn into PHP or what?
          Or Bash

Comment

Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

Code:
            It's the syntax for a variable at the level of the macro, rather than the level of the code it generates.

Like asking "What is {% ... %}? All of a sudden a new character?" when looking at an HTML templating language.
            Last edited by ssokolow; 12 June 2023, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X