God gives you $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W3ird_N3rd View Post
    I don't believe either, and I'm still getting four times more money from God than you. If I'm wrong and there is a God, I'll probably get VIP tickets for Heaven when I die. You can bring me popcorn.
    How about a beer?

Originally posted by cb88 View Post
    #1 Haiku OS ... uses a BSD/MIT alike license which is listed as GPL compatible on the FSF site
    #2 Mesa3d cool stuff going on there aswell as being platform independant which is a plus in my book
    haiku looks nifty

Comment

xine (mplayer sucks) or KDE

Comment

I would give it to the RIAA. They really need to protect us from open software. Open software makes things easy and abundant and I know you are thinking easy and abundant is a great way to live. But I have to tell you that it's not. That's a lie. Easy and abundant breaks our business model of aritificial availability through high prices. I mean look at our industry. We have over 50 billion dollars worth of stolen goods. It's just not right. The mere fact that god and society has made people so poor that they are not able to afford our products. How can the people who can afford our products feel special and superior to the unwashed ilk if we are not allowed to use our cruelty on them. If we can't throw them in jail and have them feel powerless and defeated then it totally breaks our model of rarity and the haves and have nots.

Please please stop supporting open software. We have to justify our cruelty and you all are making it hard to do. Because we want cruelty to be abundant and easily available. While kindness becomes rarer and rarer and more valuable. It's been so long since we have had so many people feel small and powerless and completely limited and governed by rule of law. All we want is unchecked unlimited power. All we need is to completely check and limit you. Is that so much to ask?

Please stop this open software insanity and give acceptable offerings to a CEO near you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
          I would give it to the RIAA. They really need to protect us from open software. Open software makes things easy and abundant and I know you are thinking easy and abundant is a great way to live. But I have to tell you that it's not. That's a lie. Easy and abundant breaks our business model of aritificial availability through high prices. I mean look at our industry. We have over 50 billion dollars worth of stolen goods. It's just not right. The mere fact that god and society has made people so poor that they are not able to afford our products. How can the people who can afford our products feel special and superior to the unwashed ilk if we are not allowed to use our cruelty on them. If we can't throw them in jail and have them feel powerless and defeated then it totally breaks our model of rarity and the haves and have nots.

Please please stop supporting open software. We have to justify our cruelty and you all are making it hard to do. Because we want cruelty to be abundant and easily available. While kindness becomes rarer and rarer and more valuable. It's been so long since we have had so many people feel small and powerless and completely limited and governed by rule of law. All we want is unchecked unlimited power. All we need is to completely check and limit you. Is that so much to ask?

Please stop this open software insanity and give acceptable offerings to a CEO near you.
          amen

for real tho. Let the capitalism flow. Greed is good (im serious). You cant run an economy on open source.

Comment

Greed is not good. It's what makes smart people (read CEO's) stupid and that's one of the reasons why our economy is going downhill.
            Commerce is good. You need a flow of cash to keep the economy going, just like how you need a flow of charged electrons to keep your computer running!
            Open source may undermine previous business models, but it opens up new ones, and greed is what is keeping our economy from adopting these new profitable models.

Oh yeah back on topic... I have no idea who I would donate it to. :/ I would probably end up giving it to charity and back to God.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
              I would probably end up giving it to charity and back to God.
              Ideally, yes, but that's not within the hypothetical rules of the thread.
              Some other projects I like:
              OSS4 - supports the hardware mixer of my card, crystal clear audio
              cpupowerd - custom userspace control of CPU clocks/voltage (like CrystalCPUID, but for Linux). Currently, it only supports K8 processors, but it would be nice to see it extended to newer AMD CPU's.

Comment

Originally posted by superppl View Post
                Greed is not good. It's what makes smart people (read CEO's) stupid and that's one of the reasons why our economy is going downhill.
                Commerce is good. You need a flow of cash to keep the economy going, just like how you need a flow of charged electrons to keep your computer running!
                Open source may undermine previous business models, but it opens up new ones, and greed is what is keeping our economy from adopting these new profitable models.

Oh yeah back on topic... I have no idea who I would donate it to. :/ I would probably end up giving it to charity and back to God.
                lol good call on giving it back to god. someone wants to go to heaven

btw. greed didn't make the businessman stupid.... greed made the businessman a business. That business sold its goods on the open market and people bought them making him rich. Greed is not an infection its a side effect of being human .

I do however retract to say you cant run an economy on open source which I think has been misinterpreted. You cant run an economy on any single sector alone, we would all die!! IBM, Sun (oracle), Redhat, Lovell have all shown that open source is profitable and they employ a large number of people.

L33F3R will be deciding on a project short time

Comment

Open source can be monetized adequately and fairly I believe. It might be hard to do but I think it can be done. I was being very facetious. I don't need a savior or king or ceo or titan or whatever you want to call our overlords these days. High power differentials aren't sustainable be it oil or bullcrap. The only abundances you end up with from the approaches we have tried are debt and misery and constantly trying to marginalize and diminish everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by L33F3R View Post
                    lol good call on giving it back to god. someone wants to go to heaven
                    Let's see. You can't get into heaven without being good and doing good works. Oh wait no. You can't get into heaven without god's grace. Truth is there is no heaven it's just a ponzi scheme. Never suck up to power. It rarely rewards and does alot of punishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hephasteus View Post
                      Let's see. You can't get into heaven without being good and doing good works. Oh wait no. You can't get into heaven without god's grace. Truth is there is no heaven it's just a ponzi scheme.
                      This isn't the thread nor message board to debate faith.

Comment

Working...
                      X