No announcement yet.

God gives you $10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flashrom, because they wrote a patch for my old motherboard so that I could flash my bios. I've always thought that if someday I have a lot of money I'd sponsor a few projects that I really like, maybe donate a few servers or something.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
      Well that eliminates every single project I donate too.
      NOTE: Buying Nvidia stock to fuel development of their blob does not count as a donation as far as this thread is concerned.

Comment

The Mono project. Or Banshee. Or Mesa3d. But probaby Mono.

Comment

Probably swfdec.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
            NOTE: Buying Nvidia stock to fuel development of their blob does not count as a donation as far as this thread is concerned.
            That didn't even come to mind. PD projects are the only ones I donate too.

Comment

Originally posted by Baraclese View Post
              I've always thought that if someday I have a lot of money I'd sponsor a few projects that I really like, maybe donate a few servers or something.
              well the reason i made this thread is to help me decide what project to donate 10 bucks towards . I am by no means a rich man (as i am a student) but I do believe that people who dedicate their time with no profit in mind deserve more then we give them. I lack the ability to program very well and am piss poor with photoshop/gimp so I can best contribute to the open source community by way of donating every once in a while.

Perhaps I could also contribute by creating levels for these FOSS games .

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Yeah, because apart from FSF-approved licenses there's only proprietary blobs out there. Some openmindedness there..

Comment

Coreboot probably, for flashrom and coreboot itself. Free us from buggy BIOS implementations.
                  Maybe AMD/ATI for their free drivers.
                  rockbox if they port to an iRiver E100

Comment

$10 is nothing, it will hardly help, if anything at all. If I was rich I would hire full time developers to work on projects like X.org plus donate $1M. I think my $10 will go to... xmms?

Comment

Originally posted by joffe View Post
                      Yeah, because apart from FSF-approved licenses there's only proprietary blobs out there. Some openmindedness there..
                      The humor was somewhat esoteric. Don't worry, IT AMUSED ME AND THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS.

EDIT: And to answer the question, I would donate it the FSF.
                      Last edited by DanL; 13 May 2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X