Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
    it's a great way for boost development on KDE
    What do you mean? KDE Community creating a fork of Qt or similar? Dunno if that is even possible.
    Linuxer since the early beginnings...

Comment

Wer.. stop making stupid software famous?

Comment

For the rest of 2022, we will focus on new tools to make your ad development workflow simpler and faster.
        For the rest of 2022 I'm gonna pray to the FOSS gods that someone gets inspired and, for the rest of 2022, they will focus on new tools to make your ad development workflow simply fuck off. I really hope someone patches this out. Ads have become out of control and are why I don't watch cable TV any more. I'll wait until the next day and stream it ad free. Star Trek shows are a great example of how much ads we watch today compared to in the past. They all have the same 60 minute TV air time, but look at their run times....

I wonder how many programs are going to start having random blank areas or some sort of placeholder X graphic because our HOSTS or PiHoles are blocking the ad URLs? That's already a problem I have on Android.

Comment

Originally posted by Smurphy View Post

What do you mean? KDE Community creating a fork of Qt or similar? Dunno if that is even possible.
          KDE Community? Very doubtful. That's why the other day when ranting I suggested that IBM/Red Hat quit fragmenting the Linux UI with GTK and fork Qt. Only companies with their resources and number of programmers can successfully fork and maintain Qt for the long haul.

Comment

This sounds like the future of KDE, I am excited for it and so happy that their great master finally gave them what they need.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexmitter View Post
              This sounds like the future of KDE, I am excited for it and so happy that their great master finally gave them what they need.
              I hope you're being sarcastic, but if this is the future of KDE, people will stop using it and the project will die.. So no, it won't happen

Comment

Originally posted by user1 View Post

I hope you're being sarcastic, but if this is the future of KDE, people will stop using it and the project will die.. So no, it won't happen
                If anything I'm hoping this'll be move that makes an organization fork Qt or supply anti-AD patches. I don't like the idea that my desktop UI can talk to ad servers -- that totally doesn't seem like a thing that hackers and other assholes will try to take advantage of. Nope. No problems whatsoever. Talking to random ad servers is always on the up and up.

If yesterday or the day before the problem was funky text in source code....what's next? Funky frames in a GIF? Code hidden in jpg exif data?

Comment

Originally posted by HaikuUser01234 View Post
                  How about we all stop allowing ads in our faces 24/7

Jesus
                  1. Install uBlock Origin.
                  2. Don't use applications which shove ads in your face.
                  3. Don't use your PC/smartphone/etc - read books.
                  4. Maybe grow some patience - billboards are everywhere, why don't you go around buring them down?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

1. Install uBlock Origin.
                    2. Don't use applications which shove ads in your face.
                    3. Don't use your PC/smartphone/etc - read books.
                    4. Maybe grow some patience - billboards are everywhere, why don't you go around buring them down?
                    1. Only covers web browsers
                    2. Yeah, but sometimes you don't have a choice*
                    3. Books aren't an alternative to PCs and smartphones.
                    4. I've considered it. I've almost had a few accidents at night due to billboards having overly bright screens that screw up my night vision.

*and then sometimes you do have a choice so you buy the premium ad-free version of an app and then two or three years later they drop support for the paid version and come out with a subscription service. That's happened more than once to me on Android. Happened enough times that I believe Google should be Class Actioned to update their developer terms to prevent Pro App bait and switch.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post
                      4. I've considered it. I've almost had a few accidents at night due to billboards having overly bright screens that screw up my night vision.
                      LMAO please don't, it can land you in prison.

Comment

Working...
                      X