Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Still has the most God awful file manager on the planet, not a patch on Dolphin.

Leave a comment:

• aorth
    replied
    Cascadia Mono is nice! Using it on Linux. :\

Leave a comment:

• ehansin
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
    I actually like Windows Terminal. One thing I particularly like is that I can have a WSLg Linux distro in one tab, Powershell in another, Anaconda Powershell in another... it's much more flexible than I expected it to be.
    I like it as well. I use Windows and really kind of have to (yes, I use Linux as well, and macOS also!) I used to use something called ConsoleZ (there are others, but this served me well and has been actively maintained on Github) that was sort of a wrapped for CMD, etc. It allowed multiple tabs like you mention. But to be honest, Windows Terminal is nicer and being more "native" that is a plus as well. I get the skeptics out there, but I still use Windows and I need to get into terminals plenty enough. This is a huge improvement on what came before.

Leave a comment:

• Paradigm Shifter
    replied
    I actually like Windows Terminal. One thing I particularly like is that I can have a WSLg Linux distro in one tab, Powershell in another, Anaconda Powershell in another... it's much more flexible than I expected it to be.

Leave a comment:

• gfunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post

I know some Phoronix readers have this BS on hotkey, but just for the sake of our amusement: what exactly is being extinguished here? The concept of terminals?
    Hold up, we are still in the Extend phase , so everything linux can do, or does well is being added to windows.. Windows might even ask for user consent before updating!

BS on hotkey made me laugh ๐Ÿ˜

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post

I know some Phoronix readers have this BS on hotkey, but just for the sake of our amusement: what exactly is being extinguished here? The concept of terminals?
    But this is not Phoronix anymore, this place became M$onix...
    Last edited by Danielsan; 15 December 2021, 05:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Meteorhead
    replied
    Originally posted by gfunk View Post
    Another step forward in the EEE strategy

Leave a comment:

• Danielsan
    replied
    Originally posted by BaumKuchen View Post
    Took them only 20+ years.
    Maybe in another 20 they will come up with proper filesystem.
    Nope, the filesystem is almost the immutable part of any Windows after NT, therefore is where M$ backdoors lie.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by RedEyed View Post

I didn't need that, therefore never asked
    That's unfortunate.

I run Windows on a Standard user account for security, so privilege elevation is kind of a very major part of my workflow. I will very much prefer all my terminals (restricted and privileged) to exist as tabs in Windows Terminal and not have the privileged consoles exist as their own CMD or Powershell window.

Leave a comment:

• RedEyed
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Have you found a way to elevate console permissions using start-process -Verb runas in Windows Terminal in such a way that the new elevated console opens up as a new tab in Windows Terminal and not as its own Powershell or CMD window?
    Maybe it will help.
    I found that single instance mode is going to be supported
    Release Windows Terminal Preview v1.7.572.0 ยท microsoft/terminal (github.com)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X