Microsoft To Make Windows Terminal The Default Choice On Windows 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Meteorhead View Post

I know some Phoronix readers have this BS on hotkey, but just for the sake of our amusement: what exactly is being extinguished here? The concept of terminals?
    Hold up, we are still in the Extend phase , so everything linux can do, or does well is being added to windows.. Windows might even ask for user consent before updating!

BS on hotkey made me laugh 😁

Comment

I actually like Windows Terminal. One thing I particularly like is that I can have a WSLg Linux distro in one tab, Powershell in another, Anaconda Powershell in another... it's much more flexible than I expected it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post
        I actually like Windows Terminal. One thing I particularly like is that I can have a WSLg Linux distro in one tab, Powershell in another, Anaconda Powershell in another... it's much more flexible than I expected it to be.
        I like it as well. I use Windows and really kind of have to (yes, I use Linux as well, and macOS also!) I used to use something called ConsoleZ (there are others, but this served me well and has been actively maintained on Github) that was sort of a wrapped for CMD, etc. It allowed multiple tabs like you mention. But to be honest, Windows Terminal is nicer and being more "native" that is a plus as well. I get the skeptics out there, but I still use Windows and I need to get into terminals plenty enough. This is a huge improvement on what came before.

Comment

Cascadia Mono is nice! Using it on Linux. :\

Comment

Still has the most God awful file manager on the planet, not a patch on Dolphin.

Comment

Working...
            X