X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedEyed
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

Have you found a way to elevate console permissions using start-process -Verb runas in Windows Terminal in such a way that the new elevated console opens up as a new tab in Windows Terminal and not as its own Powershell or CMD window?
    I didn't need that, therefore never asked

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by RedEyed View Post

I hate to say it, but yes, it's better (at my opinion for my use cases).
    Just try it. You can configure almost everything via json settings file.

Have you found a way to elevate console permissions using start-process -Verb runas in Windows Terminal in such a way that the new elevated console opens up as a new tab in Windows Terminal and not as its own Powershell or CMD window?

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    The real question is: is it better than Konsole/Gnome Terminal?
    Definitely superior, and I have only been using it for four days.

In fact, I'm taking this opportunity to learn JSON so that it can be configured for more than just the default frontend for PowerShell and CMD.

Leave a comment:

• RedEyed
    replied
    I hate to say it, but yes, it's better (at my opinion for my use cases).
    Just try it. You can configure almost everything via json settings file.

https://i.imgur.com/6NUfbyK.png
    Last edited by RedEyed; 15 December 2021, 12:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Definitely not, but it's a hell of a lot better than just about any other free alternative that natively runs on Windows. It's perfectly usable.
    I wish it had bookmarks, but I just created a PS script that runs every time you open a new tab which has my bookmarks, so, it works out.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by jKicker View Post
    I have to say it is a really good one. Been using it since alpha and have configured it as the Linux one.
    Has a really neat trick to allow ctrl c and ctrl v to be used both as copy paste and regular control break / block select.
    With also finally powershell and package manager I don't miss my Arch Linux that much and don't have to use WSL abomination either.
    Powershell is still quite incomplete. There are a lot of useful administrative tools and utilities in CMD that have yet to receive PowerShell equivalents, ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew being two examples.

Of course both Powershell the terminal and Powershell the scripting language allow for CMD commands to be run, but it feels out of place. It's one of the things I really miss from Linux; having commands for almost every operation.

And why the hell does Microsoft pitch Powershell as a modern alternative to CMD and then disable PS1 scripts from running in Windows?!

Leave a comment:

• jKicker
    replied
    I have to say it is a really good one. Been using it since alpha and have configured it as the Linux one.
    Has a really neat trick to allow ctrl c and ctrl v to be used both as copy paste and regular control break / block select.
    With also finally powershell and package manager I don't miss my Arch Linux that much and don't have to use WSL abomination either.

Leave a comment:

• L_A_G
    replied
    Originally posted by Inopia View Post
    You're making it sound like supporting full unicode range is somehow a bad thing. Maybe you interact with chat or email dumps in your terminal and don't want to lookup U+3614 manually.
    If this was about Unicode they'd talk about Unicode, not about emojis specifically.

Leave a comment:

• Ironmask
    replied
    Now watch as they make a Windows Terminal Pro Edition that's a completely separate and incompatible proprietary product, because MS simply cannot stop making competing products and sapping developer resources out of both of them. That's why I stopped using C#; Visual Studio sucks, Omnisharp for VSCode sucks (and people kept making fun of me for using it), they could just focus on one good tool instead of two dogshit ones. They've never stopped doing it before, why stop now? Remember Windows 10X?

Leave a comment:

• Inopia
    replied
    Originally posted by L_A_G View Post

Uuuh... What? I can understand emojis in a chat app and maybe email, but what use is there for them in a terminal?
    You're making it sound like supporting full unicode range is somehow a bad thing. Maybe you interact with chat or email dumps in your terminal and don't want to lookup U+3614 manually.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X