No announcement yet.

The Sad State Of Web Browser Support Currently Within Debian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And I already have compiled Firefox 96b3 and Chromium 98 on Debian.

Not sharing any of my .deb packages. 'Elite Linux power users' boasting about being more capable computer users than Windows people can jolly well go and build them yourselves as proof of your superiority.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      And I already have compiled Firefox 96b3 and Chromium 98 on Debian.

Not sharing any of my .deb packages. 'Elite Linux power users' boasting about being more capable computer users than Windows people can jolly well go and build them yourselves as proof of your superiority.
      Why don't you simply download Firefox build from Mozilla?
      BTW, b3 is already outdated.
      Last edited by LightBit; 20 December 2021, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LightBit View Post
        Why don't you simply download Firefox build from Mozilla?
        BTW, b3 is already outdated.
        You are welcome to download a ready-made build of Chromium and Firefox from the respective developers and let me know how well they handle h264 video playback.

My Chromium builds enables all proprietary codecs at compile time while generating a library usable on the Linux versions of Edge, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex. My Firefox build links to a custom-built FFMPEG with a bunch of additional options and proprietary codecs turned on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

You are welcome to download a ready-made build of Chromium and Firefox from the respective developers and let me know how well they handle h264 video playback.

My Chromium builds enables all proprietary codecs at compile time while generating a library usable on the Linux versions of Edge, Opera, Vivaldi and Yandex. My Firefox build links to a custom-built FFMPEG with a bunch of additional options and proprietary codecs turned on.
          Official Firefox seems to play h264 just fine. However, h265 does not work, but who cares.

I rarely find the need to compile something (especially this big). Usually kernel (easy, because there is no dependencies, but takes some time) and other small things. You seem to work on web browsers a lot.

Comment

Working...
          X