Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Makes Some Major Changes To Summer of Code 2022 - No Longer Limited To Students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cl333r View Post

I also hear all the time that Americans are racist, at least from CNN, NBC, MSNBC.
    Good straw man.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
      I agree, but I do hear all the time that a 27-year old can't keep up with a 20-year old, at least in the IT world.
      so in it world 20 year olds have higher salaries than 27 year olds, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bregma View Post
        It has been my experience over my 40 years as a professional software developer, that you will only hear this from 20-year-olds. It is certainly not consistent with observation.
        Really? I think I've only ever heard it from managers (non-technical ones who just bought an MBA from a mill), not even the 20-year-olds themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I agree, but I do hear all the time that a 27-year old can't keep up with a 20-year old, at least in the IT world.
          Most likely this is due to how quickly a person is ready to adapt to a new environment, for example, at 20 years old there is still not enough experience, but there is a desire to learn more new things than at 27. But in fact, experience is often needed in order to quickly integrate a person into the process, unload the rest, than when the resource is still spent on the execution of all processes and getting that same experience. There is no age limit here, and it doesn't matter if you are 20 or 27 if you have no work experience.

Comment

Oh, that's good news.

Comment

We really need some heavy lifting on FreeCAD and similar projects that have been neglected for programs such as Blender, I would love an open source competitor to Autodesk Inventor or even Solidworks.

Comment

Working...
              X