Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apache Software Foundation Saw $3M In Revenue, ~134M Changed Lines Of Code Last Year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apache Software Foundation Saw $3M In Revenue, ~134M Changed Lines Of Code Last Year

Phoronix: Apache Software Foundation Saw $3M In Revenue, ~134M Changed Lines Of Code Last Year

The Apache Software Foundation recently published their FY2021 report for their year-ended 30 April. Even with the ongoing pandemic, the Apache Software Foundation managed to raise more than $3M USD and enjoyed a host of software successes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Corporate BSD cheap labor propaganda, driven by Native Americans? It sounds a great Trojan plan

Comment

No mention of Open Office in the article.......

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

Lol, I know you're messing around. But cut Michael some slack, I still don't know how this guy manages to stay on top of everything on top of everything else he does.

Having said that, Michael is taking an L on the Open Office omission

Comment

Many Apache projects are basically dead. For instance when I was still doing Java development, the Apache libraries used legacy coding conventions. The technical debt has only increased after that.

Comment

Why miss OO while LO is MUCH better?

Comment

Originally posted by StarterX4 View Post

Why miss OO while LO is MUCH better?
              Nobody missing it. Problem that Apache is pretending that it is still alive instead of moving it to the Attic.

Comment

So, they saved a lot of money from the pandemic. And they somehow greatly increased donations.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post

Many Apache projects are basically dead. For instance when I was still doing Java development, the Apache libraries used legacy coding conventions. The technical debt has only increased after that.
                  Sure, httpd is dead with big usage share.

Comment

Working...
                  X