Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethan Connor
    replied
    I think Microsoft is good to merge with Android according to me Microsoft done a lot of homework and have good experience with Windows Phone so they are trying to attract user to use windows OS but it's further added that as compared to Linux Windows is too much weak OS.

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied
    Originally posted by cb88 View Post

The key there is RTM... why would they certify a new Zen 1 design for release to manufacture?
    Because Zen 1 CPU contains the TPM 2.0 in it circuitry.

Leave a comment:

• cb88
    replied
    Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post

TPM 2.0 is a requirement for unmolested W11 when RTM.

I look forward to lots of free or near free hardware to run Linux on that will be otherwise going to landfill.
    The key there is RTM... why would they certify a new Zen 1 design for release to manufacture?

Leave a comment:

• Slartifartblast
    replied

That's the requirements to ship a PC with windows 10 installed... frankly it probably will even booth without TPM at all. Notice that the documentation says that for certain applications vendors can have the option to turn it off.
    TPM 2.0 is a requirement for unmolested W11 when RTM.

I look forward to lots of free or near free hardware to run Linux on that will be otherwise going to landfill.
    Last edited by Slartifartblast; 30 June 2021, 04:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• vladimir86
    replied
    Originally posted by uid313 View Post

I do have to agree with you. I also think that Android just have junk software.
    99.9999% is junk software. But the Android version of Carmageddon is actually pretty nice. Would love to play it on my computer

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

Do you see some of their screens during the forced wait to use the os ?

"Leave everything to us" ( // right , I am believer )
    "All your settings are belong to us"( // right again, I am believer )
    That win10 forever license is not looking so forever now.
    All your settings are belong to us? I never saw that screen during a test installation...

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

They will officially no longer release new versions when they hit Windows 42.
    Then they will go back to Windows 15, just like Leap did.

Leave a comment:

• fkelava
    replied
    Originally posted by sdack View Post
    After reading the thread am I coming to the conclusion that this is the best Windows release yet - speaking from a UNIX/Linux user perspective: it is free, it has no must-have features forcing one to get it, and it might not even want to be install. It is what we have always dreamed off.
    I wish. Unfortunately, I don't foresee evicting Windows' slot from the dual boot for a while yet. Such is life in certain sectors.

On the bright side, the gap in application compatibility and general ease of use is diminishing over time. May not be our happy ending yet, but we can definitely see it from here.

Leave a comment:

• sdack
    replied
    After reading the thread am I coming to the conclusion that this is the best Windows release yet - speaking from a UNIX/Linux user perspective: it is free, it has no must-have features forcing one to get it, and it might not even want to be install. It is what we have always dreamed off.

Leave a comment:

• ix900
    replied

That's the requirements to ship a PC with windows 10 installed... frankly it probably will even booth without TPM at all. Notice that the documentation says that for certain applications vendors can have the option to turn it off.
    Microsoft seems to be changing it. No one really knows what's correct at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• cb88
    replied
    Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
    Notice the requirement for TPM 2.0 which means those without TPM 2.0 now have 5 years left on win 10 for unreasonable reasons.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X