Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wallbuntu Linux Distribution

Phoronix: The Wallbuntu Linux Distribution

Ubuntu has arguably changed the landscape of desktop Linux since its initial release of Warty Warthog in 2004. Since then, its momentum has inspired the creation of numerous Ubuntu-based derivatives---Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu---just to name a few...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

haha very good

Comment

waay too obvious, not as funny as it could have been. post a remake next year and i might consider laughing.

Comment

You got me.

I was just going to post a "Why the hell does Michael allow such posts on Phoronix?"

Comment

I thought WALLbuntu would use those opensource 3D-able, ready-to-rock Nvidia drivers, which have been developed the last weeks by AMD...

Comment

Ah the irony

Comment

You got me! L.O.L.

Comment

Haha. Good one

Comment

You got me! At first I thought it would be a Ubuntu version that could be operated with a screen mounted on a wall - so a Ubuntu that would work well with only a touchscreen (and perhaps microphone) for input or so. But a new wallpaper is also very cool.

Comment

I considered a number of options, from buying a new toaster to suicide, but then I found Linux.
                    Heh heh. Funniest thing I've read all week. Thanks for the great humor article.

Comment

Working...
                    X