Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
    I serious find it shocking, that you seem to repeat only the nonsense the main stream mediia shows us.
    Do you know the difference between a positive pcr test and an infection ?
    Do you know this is a new type of vaccine ? Tested by a lot of people who trust their government and that in many countries, they had to put up an emergency law, to be able to do this?
    "Main stream media" You seem to like these words. But you know, you don't have to listen (or watch) media (mainstream or not), you can get the available data and serious studies (like the estimation of the number of asymptomatic people for example, or the numerous studies about the effectiveness of vaccination in several virus outbreaks through the history, things like that). Doubting the "main stream media" is one (probably good) thing, trusting some random dude (be it a doctor) on youtube is another. (or some random dude on a tech forum, for instance)
    Everybody knows the difference between the result of a test and the reality, thank you.

That being said, even with a somewhat bad test like the PCR, you can still compare difference between different locations (relative infection), and you can still have a good idea to where the virus is the more active.
    Keep in mind the problem is not really the number of cases (which obviously is not very precise and doesn't matter that much). The (main?) problem is the number of people in hospitals.
    When the hospitals are saturated is when you have the more deaths. A spike in positive PCR test is helpful to anticipate a spike in admissions in hospitals.
    So, if you don't trust the PCR test, you just have to watch what happens in hospitals some weeks later. As usual, good usage of the data is key.

I will tell it again, mRNA vaccines are not new, first tests were conducted in the 1990s (30 years ago). I am not telling that there is no risk, but there is no need to be alarmist either.
    Last edited by WeAreDoomed; 18 June 2021, 12:18 PM. Reason: typo, clarification

Comment

I serious find it shocking, that you seem to repeat only the nonsense the main stream mediia shows us.
      No you do not. You are an idiot, trying to convince himself of being in shock, while he sits conveniently on his arse and shits onto the Internet.

You may not like the main stream media in the US, because of the large corporate influence, but there is more media in this world than just main stream. And just because labelling something as main stream does not make it wrong. This tells me that apart of being an idiot and one who is misdirected and hurt, do you not actually have any valid arguments. All you really do is put energy into a battle you have lost long ago, which is coherent news coverage with intelligent arguments based on logic and common sense, and all you have is a chaotic brain that cannot make sense of anything, but wants to make sense of everything.

And say, when you do not trust anything, why do you trust you could convince the world of your mistrust? Fact rather is that you should not even trust yourself and seek help.
      Last edited by sdack; 18 June 2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreDoomed View Post
        "Main stream media" You seem to like these words. But you know, you don't have to listen (or watch) media (mainstream or not), you can get the available data and serious studies (like the estimation of the number of asymptomatic people for example, or the numerous studies about the effectiveness of vaccination in several virus outbreaks through the history, things like that). Doubting the "main stream media" is one (probably good) thing, trusting some random dude (be it a doctor) on youtube is another. (or some random dude on a tech forum, for instance)
        Everybody knows the difference between the result of a test and the reality, thank you.

That being said, even with a somewhat bad test like the PCR, you can still compare difference between different locations (relative infection), and you can still have a good idea to where the virus is the more active.
        Keep in mind the problem is not really the number of cases (which obviously is not very precise and doesn't matter that much). The (main?) problem is the number of people in hospitals.
        When the hospitals are saturated is when you have the more deaths. A spike in positive PCR test is helpful to anticipate a spike in admissions in hospitals.
        So, if you don't trust the PCR test, you just have to watch what happens in hospitals some weeks later. As usual, good usage of the data is key.

I will tell it again, mRNA vaccines are not new, first tests were conducted in the 1990s (30 years ago). I am not telling that there is no risk, but there is no need to be alarmist either.
        Then why in my country, the Netherlands, they at first took the number of people in the hospitals as a measure, but when those went down they switched to number of infections, which should be called number of positive pcr test.

And I why I keep going on about that pcr test, that test by itself is a fine test, but not to lock people down and a lot of other nonsense.
        Because of the Gorman Drosten papers, who think they know better then even the manual f the pcr test.

One of my sources:
        This website is for sale! cormandrostenreview.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, cormandrostenreview.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Do you want me to list the people who signed this? One of them is Peter Borger a guy who designs pcr test.

My government has been cutting down on health care for many years, but now the they try to blame this on a virus. (not enough IC capacity)

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
          ok this just means that your vaccine was clean and hat no magnetic particles inside.
          Oh buh huh, his vaccine was clean. What a misfortunate event that he did not get it of the scrap yard sale. What a drama ...

Do you want vaccines to kill people just so you can be right for once? It almost seems like it.
          Last edited by sdack; 18 June 2021, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• qarium I can handle my Neodymium magnets just fine and a friend of mine got an MRI after the vaccination. Nothing happened. Btw, such an injection is only 300 microliters of a clear, colorless liquid. Even if they added magnetic particles into the mix, they would have to be specifically engineered to not cause an immune reaction (which is extremely difficult) but they'd still be too diluted to be able to cause damage. Further, noone in my country (or the rest of Europe for that matter) was advised against MRI after their vaccination.

In that fMRI wiki page you linked, the function was described too i.e. red blood cells bonded with oxygen interact differently to magnetic fields than those who don't carry oxygen. So there are already magnetic nanoparticles in our blood - it's the hemoglobin in the red blood cells and hence there isn't any reason to inject someone with magnetic particles in the first place. (Again think about the big amount of energy an MRI machine uses and that people literally have to get stuffed inside it to produce an effect that only a computer can measure).

As I explained earlier the energy per photon is very, very, very low in the 0-20Hz range you claim to be weaponized and used against people. Neither the electric, nor the magnetic field (photons do always have both of these, no matter the frequency) of such photons do interact with humans and even if they did the only effect they could have is a an incredibly, incredibly, small generation of heat - like really really tiny (You need ~4.2J of energy to heat 1ml of water by 1°C and recieve ~10-32J per photon).

A theoretical emitter of such radiation wouldn't be portable and need a whole dedicated power plant for itself in order to achieve a high enough photon density (photons/area; for point sources, intensity reduces in a 1/r² law, so it falls off quickly with distance). The problem is that devices can't be 100% thermodynamically efficient either, meaning that such an emitter would instantly melt due to its own waste heat & electric resistance.

Frequencies from ~900mhz to ~2.6Ghz (2.6 for 4G/LTE, 2.4 for bluetooth&wifi, 5ghz and 60ghz for newer wifi standards) have been used for over a decade now aswell and are limited to 0.5W/m². That's our cellular network (2g, UMTS/3G and LTE) and phones have been thoroughly evaluated in studies many times over. No link to diseases, a change in DNA or cancer was found. A "weapon" using these frequencies would jam the mobile reception and probably fry the modem chip in any phone due to induced currents (because you'd need several kW/m², also 1/r² still applies).

I am sorry to read that you had a heart attack. That must have been a tough time in your life. I am certain however, that it wasn't caused by electromagnetic radiation as I don't believe in weaponized EM waves (exception: high energy lasers, UV light, x-rays/gammarays). If there really was a conspiracy to depopulate earth by sterilizing humans or by causing mass sickness, there would be easier ways. I.e. poisoing the drinking water/food with hormones (sterilization) or various poisons (heavy metals, dioxines, etc…).

If you're really so afraid about electromagnetic radiation, you can get a kit for "software defined radio" and measure the strength of various frequencies of the EM spectrum for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by r08z View Post
              THIS particular virus does not need a vaccine. I've had covid and tested myself numerous times for it and never had it again. I talk to people who have it shake their hands and give hugs. I never got it again. Why? Because I have an immune system like you with a 99% efficacy — for a virus with a 99.98% survival rate. Getting vaccinated has become a religion.
              There are a couple of issues with this. The first is assuming everyone is like you. More than enough people have had it multiple times to call into question the durability of natural antibodies. I even wonder whether your continual exposure might've helped keep your antibody levels up.

The next point of concern is that some of the variants are less susceptible to natural antibodies. So, even your natural immunity might not provide protection against them.

Finally, if we let the virus run without a vaccine, millions will die in the US, alone, by the time we could possibly reach herd immunity (estimates are 3-5 million). The reason infection rates are currently dropping is mainly due to the vaccine. And the vaccine provides immunity with better than 99.9999% survival rate. If had a choice of taking a plane with a 1 in 500 or a 1 in several million chance of crashing, during the flight, I know which one I'd take!

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post

Finally, if we let the virus run without a vaccine, millions will die in the US, alone, by the time we could possibly reach herd immunity (estimates are 3-5 million). The reason infection rates are currently dropping is mainly due to the vaccine. And the vaccine provides immunity with better than 99.9999% survival rate. If had a choice of taking a plane with a 1 in 500 or a 1 in several million chance of crashing, during the flight, I know which one I'd take!
                You're entitled to your opinion.

Comment

There is no proof those mouth mask work. The ones that might help, I am not allowed to wear. (netherlands)
                  In fact, the efficacy of mask-wearing has been well-studied!

This is from a survey, where they considered both the quality of the mask and the rate of compliance:

Source: https://www.pnas.org/content/118/4/e2014564118

Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
                  It between people who trust the main stream media and their governments, and the ones that know that main stream media and our govements lie.
                  They don't lie about everything, all of the time. Nor are they completely truthful, all of the time. They're run by people not too different from you and the ones you know. That means they're fallible, like humans. However, if we distinguish between the politicians and the other government employees, the non-politicians are probably either working a job or really trying to help people. I don't think public health is a field one goes into to tell lies that can have huge negative consequences for people.

I can only hope the truth will come out.
                  I think that's what we're all after.

Comment

Even the manual of the pcr test states you should not use that many cycles.
                    There are a couple problems with this logic.
                    1. it presumes everyone mis-applies the PCR test in the same way, which is extremely unlikely.
                    2. it presumes nobody would notice the PCR tests don't correlate with other tests, which is also extremely unlikely.
                    3. it ignores other data, such as symptoms like loss of taste/smell.
                    4. it ignores hospital occupancy and deaths.
                    for covid to be a pandemic, they had to change the definition of a pandemic is.
                    I think I already asked and apologize if I missed your response, but exactly what do you mean by that?

If we turn the tables, I wonder why you choose to believe stories like these, when just about everyone else is singing from the same hymn sheet? Is it so hard to believe the virus is real, and as dangerous as they say?

Comment

• Originally posted by coder View Post
                      There are a couple problems with this logic.
                      1. it presumes everyone mis-applies the PCR test in the same way, which is extremely unlikely.
                      2. it presumes nobody would notice the PCR tests don't correlate with other tests, which is also extremely unlikely.
                      3. it ignores other data, such as symptoms like loss of taste/smell.
                      4. it ignores hospital occupancy and deaths.

I think I already asked and apologize if I missed your response, but exactly what do you mean by that?

If we turn the tables, I wonder why you choose to believe stories like these, when just about everyone else is singing from the same hymn sheet? Is it so hard to believe the virus is real, and as dangerous as they say?
                      I do believe there is a corona virus.

I do not believe there is a real pandemic.

Have you read my link about the review on the Gorman Drosten papers?
                      Those papers are used as a base for of all measurements, in most or all countries.

The WHO changed the definition of what they call a pandemic.

https://undercurrents723949620.wordp...-been-altered/

WHO’s original definition of a pandemic from May 1, 2009, specified simultaneous epidemics worldwide “with enormous numbers of deaths and illnesses”; this definition was changed in the month leading up to the 2009 swine flu pandemic, removing the severity and high mortality criteria
                      By the old definition, this would not be a pandemic.
                      Last edited by Gps4life; 19 June 2021, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X