No announcement yet.

Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linus has been an NWO cuck now for a while. Hes also an overweight blowhard programmer. What do I care about his thoughts on health? He probably being threatened.

The vaccine is experimental, proprietary and unnecessary. You wouldnt put it in your kernel so why would you put it in your body?

Comment

• Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      One can be reluctant to get any of the COVID-19 vaccines without being an antivaxer.
      A lot of people I know are, because of all the misinformation that is spread by the anti-vaxxer

I will get my first shot next monday

Comment

• So basically Linux wants to inject a proprietary vaccine into his body to reprogram his cells. Why do I get the impression that Linus is being held hostage and some diversity hire at the CIA is writing on his behalf?

Comment

"Vaccines work" is somewhat misleading.
          No it's not.

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
          Yes vaccines have been around for decades and yes some work very well. There are however people that have negative reactions to certain vaccines, in some cases life threatening reactions and there is no way to predict ahead of time if you will be one of the few people to have such a negative reaction.
          Vaccines have saved hundreds of millions and kills thousands of people. So what? The ratio is hugely positive, stop being a drama queen.

1) I have/had the COVID-19 antibodies in me and have not even had the sniffles since the end of March 2020
          Fair enough. True virus is a good "vaccine" after all, baring the horrible secondary effects.

2) Pfizer's CEO has said that he expects his company to have a COVID-19 cure ready for market by December 2021
          "Expects" "December 2021" Sure, only 5 months with an exponential curve at hand, what could go wrong? Also you have no problem taking an experimental covid drug but a vaccine is too much for you?

3) With the number of people that have already have been vaccinated we are very close to herd immunity
          No, that's a lie, and you know it. Look at the number, not your feeling. Only 3% to 10% of the total population (depends on the source and the country) had covid (let's call that "natural immunity") and only 15% to 25% of the population is vaccinated. This is nowhere near close to herd immunity.

One can be reluctant to get any of the COVID-19 vaccines without being an antivaxer.
          Yeah sure, that only makes you an anti COVID vaxer. And since you are immune since you had covid, you are influencing people while not being at risk yourself. Great.

And before you ask, yes I am vaccinated (1/2).

Comment

Here's my take, both as someone that worked in 2 hospitals and as someone that just completed 2 college degrees, one in Biology and one in Health Sciences and as someone that had to be vaccinated for MMR, Hepatitis and 4 Flu variants before I could either work in a hospital or attend classes in person:
            Despite the above I have not been vaccinated and do not plan on being, for the following reasons:
            Anyone who works in a medical position has to get vaccinated. You obviously no longer do. So something with your story here is quite inconsistent.
            Last edited by sdack; 16 June 2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

"Vaccines work" is somewhat misleading.
              Then mind explaining how highly-vaccinated areas of the world are seeing a steep decline in infections since the vaccines? What's misleading about raw data that correlates to the availability of the vaccine?
              More importantly, COVID-19 mortality rates are terribly misleading. Most of the people that passed away from COVID-19 had underlying conditions, such as obesity, diabetes, leukemia, etc.
              How is that worth mentioning? That's like a "guns don't kill people, people kill people" argument. The whole reason covid is deemed threatening enough is because people with underlying conditions are at risk, and the disease is so highly contagious that their chances of being killed are relatively high.
              Covid may not be the cause of death, but whether indirectly or directly, these people would have lived [longer] if they didn't get infected.
              1) I have/had the COVID-19 antibodies in me and have not even had the sniffles since the end of March 2020
              From what I heard, you can still get re-infected by one of the variants. This is why people are recommended to get vaccinated even if you've already been infected. I'm not saying you need to get vaccinated at this point, because you are objectively in better shape than a non-infected non-vaccinated person, but my point is being previously infected doesn't mean you won't get infected again.
              3) With the number of people that have already have been vaccinated we are very close to herd immunity
              The problem is, we're not there yet. Vaccination rates are slowing down. So, we might not reach herd immunity. I know some places will, but it seems most won't.
              After September 2019, with school and work I did not have time to work out and gained a lot of weight. I also started eating a lot of fast food and take out. Since finishing school, I have revisited my exercise routine and I am back to riding 45 minutes a night.
              If the reason you're mentioning this is because "I'm healthy enough to a point where if I get infected again, I'll be fine", you're still following the logic of everyone else who refuses vaccination. As has been said over and over again, the primary goal is to eliminate the disease and protect society. That's why healthy people who have a near-0% chance of death should (and some do) take it.
              I agree. Though as a supposed medical professional, you seem to be taking a primarily subjective approach, due to some of the counter-points I bring up. Collectively, much of your points are valid, but having them stand alone, they could be dangerously influential. So for example, I think it's fine that you wait for the Pfizer cure, because you're already a low risk at getting infected, but it isn't wise to advise others to do the same. I know you didn't, but others may take your situation out of context and do the same. If someone hasn't been immunized, that becomes an unnecessary risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by aht0 View Post

I truly wish people would actually take trouble to educate themselves, before trotting out stupid statements like this.

Virions are indeed small enough that mask doesn't stop them individually in unattached form (hundred micrometers roughly when it comes to covid) but aerosol or dust particles virions attach to, are large enough for filters to catch.

It's been already proved that initial viral load when you get infected does affect the outcome of the illness. When you get hit by less of a viral load, you have higher probabilities of making through because your immune system will not be overloaded as fast, after virus starts replicating itself in your body. Does it make sense or I would have to dumb the idea down even more?

Masks differ: I used 3M half-mask (or full-face gas mask in danger zones during the height of the pandemic in my locality) with 3D printed 3M-to-RD40 threading adapters between mask and filters. Filters with RD40 "NATO threading" are quite a bit cheaper than 3M filters and my gas mask uses same. It didn't protect anyone except me due mask having exhalation valve. But it did protect me well as long as I kept changing filters on a regular basis.

Surgical cloth masks give some small protection (~50% if lucky) to users and mostly block aersol spread during exhalation/sneezing/coughing for the most part. Surgical masks protect others rather than wearer. There's reason surgeons wear those.

Disposable single-use stuff could protect just you or also others depending on whether it has exhalation valve or you exhale through filter. If it has valve it means anything you exhale goes through unfiltered but filters themselves would last longer for it.

Scarfs and shit like this has very little effect and it's limited to catching larger aerosol particles, is all. Still better than nothing.

For your information: FFP2/3 filters have small static electric charge which does the filtering. Virus/aerosol clings to charged element, it's not just "size of the hole in filters". When that static charge is gone, filter needs replacement. It's still usable as dust filter, dont throw them away.
                The mask that might help, n95 or something like that, we are not allowed to use over here in the Netherlands.

Stop thinking that people who are critical don't investigate.

The only real difference is that I believe different scientist and doctors, then the one the main stream media uses.

Sadly for this forum, most of my sources are in Dutch. Interview with Peter Borger, about the pcr test.
                That doctor that cured a few corona patients , with hcq sinc and something else. ( already last year) He was ridiculed, but now they have to admit he was right.

I could also show graphs that show that the drop in corona cases is not related to the number of people vaccinated.

But I am wasting my time, arguing people who do believe the main stream media., which keeps stating that the pcr test finds infections, and is used right.
                Even though the manual of the pcr test says you should not use 35 cycles, like gorman drosten claims is good.

The only answer I don't have : Is this proof of a conspiracy or just panic and stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
                  The only real difference is that I believe different scientist and doctors, then the one the main stream media uses.
                  Stop trusting people, look at the data. You don't need to believe "someone", it is not about who you trust.

Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
                  He was ridiculed, but now they have to admit he was right.
                  Usual blathering. Show the data. Show the double-blind studies.

I could also show graphs that show that the drop in corona cases is not related to the number of people vaccinated.
                  Show us your beautiful graphs taken from dubious sources.

But I am wasting my time, arguing people who do believe the main stream media., which keeps stating that the pcr test finds infections, and is used right.
                  Even though the manual of the pcr test says you should not use 35 cycles, like gorman drosten claims is good.
                  Here we go. Pcr, vaccines, hcq sinc (zinc?), mainstream media, only two more buzzwords and you can say bingo.

The only answer I don't have : Is this proof of a conspiracy or just panic and stupidity.
                  Pretty sure I don't need to answer this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gps4life View Post
                    That doctor that cured a few corona patients , with hcq sinc and something else. ( already last year) He was ridiculed, but now they have to admit he was right.
                    He probably got ridiculed for thinking it was a cure. Just as a wet towel is a not a cure for a high fever. COVID is a symptom and not a cause. There were a few doctors who reported successes in treatment in a variety of ways and all these findings were taken into consideration.

And if you remember, some people who turned their bras into facemasks were also ridiculed. They were not wrong for wearing face coverings, but I hope you get the point.

Here in the UK, where we were hit by the UK variant just as we started with vaccinations shows quite impressively how it got stopped. The new infection rate shot up almost three times as high as in the previous wave and fell off even sharper. And now with the India variant, which is taking over here in the UK are we seeing almost only young people getting infected, because these are the few people left without vaccination.

You would think the young people should be less effected, probably having been infected a few times before as careless as they have been here in the UK, and should have build up an immunity, but this is not the case. It is is now young people who get infected and the older, vaccinated groups do not.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
                      He probably got ridiculed for thinking it was a cure. Just as a wet towel is a not a cure for a high fever. COVID is a symptom and not a cause. There were a few doctors who reported successes in treatment in a variety of ways and all these findings were taken into consideration.

And if you remember, some people who turned their bras into facemasks were also ridiculed. They were not wrong for wearing face coverings, but I hope you get the point.

Here in the UK, where we were hit by the UK variant just as we started with vaccinations shows quite impressively how it got stopped. The new infection rate shot up almost three times as high as in the previous wave and fell off even sharper. And now with the India variant, which is taking over here in the UK are we seeing almost only young people getting infected, because these are the few people left without vaccination.

You would think the young people should be less effected, probably having been infected a few times before as careless as they have been here in the UK, and should have build up an immunity, but this is not the case. It is is now young people who get infected and the older, vaccinated groups do not.
                      Ffs, which part of this doctor curing people from covid did you miss?

And about those young people.
                      I must be an incredible lucky bastard, for not getting infected. I have joined multiple anti corona mesasurment protest, and hugged people.
                      Did not follow the 1.5 meter rule and refuse to wear a facemask.

Because I belong to a higher risk group, I already have two letters for getting a vaccine.

Which they can put were the sun does not shine, and I am not anti vaccines in general.

Vaccinated people not getting ill, is a straight out lie, and I seriously wonder who told you this nonsense.

Comment

Working...
                      X