Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by piorunz View Post
    Why would I?
    You know everything about it and there is money in it. You have said so yourself. Why wouldn't you?

Comment

I will never vaccinate. Now what? If vaccine you are praising so much works, why would anyone worry about me not being vaccinated? I thought you are fully protected if you take it?
      You anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are all the same. You're so caught up in your own preferences that you don't realize that when it comes to covid, protecting yourself isn't the goal (unless you're at risk of being killed by it, which the vast majority of people aren't). The point of getting vaccinated (or wearing the mask) is to protect everyone.
      Society doesn't work when people like you are only fending for yourself.

Originally posted by piorunz View Post
      Why would I? You are the one who praises vaccines, maybe you should. I stay away from toxins which my body doesn't need.
      So.... your body needs covid? Because without everyone working together on this, that's what you're likely to get. If you already got it, you're still not immune from the variants.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
        You know everything about it and there is money in it. You have said so yourself. Why wouldn't you?
        You boring me.

Comment

• Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          You anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers are all the same. You're so caught up in your own preferences that you don't realize that when it comes to covid, protecting yourself isn't the goal (unless you're at risk of being killed by it, which the vast majority of people aren't). The point of getting vaccinated (or wearing the mask) is to protect everyone.
          Society doesn't work when people like you are only fending for yourself.
          Most stupid thing I heard today.
          "The point of getting vaccinated (or wearing the mask) is to protect everyone" Masks don't work whatsoever, have you actually read the studies?
          If vaccines work, why would I need to vaxx, if you are already protected? And if they don't work, and you are still at risk, why you took it?!
          Also, have you read how many thousands of people lockdown kill in every country? How that fits in to protecting everyone narrative?

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
          So.... your body needs covid? Because without everyone working together on this, that's what you're likely to get. If you already got it, you're still not immune from the variants.
          If I get the vaccine, I am not immune from variants. If I don't take it, I am not immune either. Covid-19 is not killing anyone in my age group. No point taking the vaccine for me.

Please find flaw in this simple four sentences above.

Comment

You boring me.
            Gotcha.

Comment

Please find flaw in this simple four sentences above.
              Please find a flaw in these simple four sentences above.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
                Please find a flaw in these simple four sentences above.
                Thanks for corrections, English is not my native language.

And now, are you done? Try to concentrate now, and answer the question.
                Last edited by piorunz; 15 June 2021, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Thanks for corrections, English is not my native language.
                  Where are you from?

Comment

I will never vaccinate. Now what? If vaccine you are praising so much works, why would anyone worry about me not being vaccinated? I thought you are fully protected if you take it?
                    I don't think anyone has said that "you are fully protected if you take it". Efficacy ranges from ~50 to ~90% depending on the vaccine and the study, ie if you were to expose two similar groups to the same viral load the vaccinated group would have between 50% and 90% fewer infected people able to further spread the virus.

In addition to efficacy numbers there are also efficiency measurements, ie the ability of the vaccine to prevent serious infection, measured in the same way. Efficiency numbers tend to be higher (67% to 97%) but still never reach 100%.

The primary reason for getting vaccinated is for community benefit - if a large enough percentage of people are vaccinated then the virus tends to die out (R0 < 1) because it can not find enough suitable hosts to continue propagating and mutating. In the absence of a vaccine you can achieve similar results via masks, distancing, lockdowns etc... but the impact on everyday life is pretty severe and so vaccines (when available) are considered the best way to deal with diseases that are both contagious and dangerous.

Simply getting yourself vaccinated never fully protects you though - even if you are fully vaccinated with the most effective vaccines you will eventually get sick if exposed to the virus for long enough and may still die from it. Having a sufficiently large percentage of people vaccinated (in both your area and any areas that you accept travelers from) is the only workable way to keep the virus under control that we know of today.

Vaccination is a community exercise not an individual exercise, although individual vaccination does improve your odds.
                    Last edited by bridgman; 15 June 2021, 09:09 PM.
                    Test signature

Comment

• I haven't read all 300+ posts in this thread but I did read enough so that I can get a feel of the vibe.

Here's my take, both as someone that worked in 2 hospitals and as someone that just completed 2 college degrees, one in Biology and one in Health Sciences and as someone that had to be vaccinated for MMR, Hepatitis and 4 Flu variants before I could either work in a hospital or attend classes in person:

"Vaccines work" is somewhat misleading.

Yes vaccines have been around for decades and yes some work very well. There are however people that have negative reactions to certain vaccines, in some cases life threatening reactions and there is no way to predict ahead of time if you will be one of the few people to have such a negative reaction.

More importantly, COVID-19 mortality rates are terribly misleading. Most of the people that passed away from COVID-19 had underlying conditions, such as obesity, diabetes, leukemia, etc.

I myself contracted COVID-19, as did my mother and brother. All three of us are overweight and I was taken by ambulance to the hospital because I had trouble breathing, but this was in the beginning of the pandemic when hospitals did not have enough beds and the doctor discharged me because "I wasn't sick enough to be admitted" and they "needed the bed for sicker patients".

I locked myself in my basement for almost a month, taking massive amounts of cold medications, cough drops, chicken soup, tea, chest rubs, anything I could get my hands on to fight of the symptoms I was suffering from.

I also own quite a few shares of stock in Pfizer.

Despite the above I have not been vaccinated and do not plan on being, for the following reasons:

1) I have/had the COVID-19 antibodies in me and have not even had the sniffles since the end of March 2020

2) Pfizer's CEO has said that he expects his company to have a COVID-19 cure ready for market by December 2021

3) With the number of people that have already have been vaccinated we are very close to herd immunity

4) This is the biggest reason, I decided to focus on getting my cardio vascular conditioning back to what it was prior to me going back to college. In 2019, I would work out on the exercise bike 1.5-2 hours a night, while watching TV. I also used to eat a lot of leafy green salads and was much thinner. After September 2019, with school and work I did not have time to work out and gained a lot of weight. I also started eating a lot of fast food and take out. Since finishing school, I have revisited my exercise routine and I am back to riding
                      45 minutes a night.

One can be reluctant to get any of the COVID-19 vaccines without being an antivaxer.

Comment

Working...
                      X