• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post

who counted what to the wrong category wrong all day
    that fact alone
    do you even read what you're writing?

Comment

• Originally posted by krzyzowiec View Post
      How do you think we determine what the mortality rate is?
      So you think that not only are the categorizations wrong, you think the literally fake the dead count? If yes, what is your evidence for that?

Comment

There are not millions who died of the coronavirus in Brazil. If you believe that, then you're a gullible fool. I guess that goes without saying in this kind of thread though. Critical thinking or common sense have long been absent in society, exchanged for believing whatever is said on television. It's a sad state of affairs.
        My fault, I edited my comment and mixed things. I originally was referring to world wide deaths. The correct value is 484,000 deaths in Brazil.
        Last edited by rastersoft; 12 June 2021, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Have you ever stopped to consider what you are saying? In the very same sentence you dismiss the importance of labeling virus deaths correctly, and also claim you can deduce how deadly the virus is from the mortality rate. How do you think we determine what the mortality rate is?
          Excess mortality calculations do not rely on classifying cause of death - they just compare deaths per month/year in a region relative to previous time periods.

In the case of COVID-19 excess mortality numbers probably underestimate the number of virus-related deaths since some other common causes of death are likely to have been reduced by preventative measures (fewer traffic accidents, fewer flu deaths etc...).
          Last edited by bridgman; 12 June 2021, 03:05 PM.
          Test signature

Comment

So you think that not only are the categorizations wrong, you think the literally fake the dead count? If yes, what is your evidence for that?
            They were incentivized to do so by the US government. If your patient is labeled as having probably had COVID-19, either discharged or on their death certificate, you earned a substantially higher payout from Medicaid.

Jensen said, "Hospital administrators might well want to see COVID-19 attached to a discharge summary or a death certificate. Why? Because if it's a straightforward, garden-variety pneumonia that a person is admitted to the hospital for – if they're Medicare – typically, the diagnosis-related group lump sum payment would be $5,000. But if it's COVID-19 pneumonia, then it's $13,000, and if that COVID-19 pneumonia patient ends up on a ventilator, it goes up to $39,000."

Jensen clarified in the video that he doesn't think physicians are "gaming the system" so much as other "players," such as hospital administrators, who he said may pressure physicians to cite all diagnoses, including "probable" COVID-19, on discharge papers or death certificates to get the higher Medicare allocation allowed under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act. Past practice, Jensen said, did not include probabilities.
            It's always about the money, even with these vaccines. If you really want to help people, why not give them Ivermectin? It's been shown to be very effective while also being safe and cheap, but of course it is not some patented drug that you can make a fortune on. The same thing happened with HCQ, which was demonized for no good reason. Remdesivir, on the other hand, had all sorts of promotions even when the evidence for its effectiveness was dubious. Even now Youtube bans videos with scientists having discussions about Ivermectin as "disinformation". They get pressured by the same groups that make money off of this stuff.

I'm amazed people still care about the virus these days. Where I live we are back to normal and no one even thinks about it. There are no masks or special vaccine cards or whatever, and all the stores have stopped trying to pressure people to wear them. Nobody cares, and no one is dying here. Then again I'm blessed to live in a very sunny and beautiful area. It's hard to sustain fears about a virus when the outdoor environment is incredibly inhospitable to them, and where people can actually obtain decent levels of Vitamin D. If you are young like me then your best chance is your natural immune system, assuming that you get enough sleep and sunlight exposure that it performs adequately.

It also helps to be in shape because this virus is devastating to people who are obese or have other significant health issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by bridgman View Post

Excess mortality calculations do not rely on classifying cause of death - they just compare deaths per month/year in a region relative to previous time periods.

In the case of COVID-19 excess mortality numbers probably underestimate the number of virus-related deaths since some other common causes of death are likely to have been reduced by preventative measures (fewer traffic accidents, fewer flu deaths etc...).
              I'm not talking about excess mortality. I'm talking about the mortality rate of COVID-19, which as you know requires the number of infected cases as well as the number of deaths due to COVID-19 in order to be calculated. The CDC uses death certificates to determine this information. Obviously the number of cases is always going to be just an estimate because there are asymptomatic people, or people who do not report infection, but the deaths can be determined easily.

Comment

Well I'm trying to reply to you, but my post has to be approved. To put it bluntly, the hospitals are incentivized by higher payouts for cases/deaths in the US. The cases themselves don't even have to be confirmed, only probable, which leads to a lot of pressure on doctors to label cases differently than they might do otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by lyamc View Post

That doesn’t make sense.

Vaccines aren’t 100% effective

Covid has a 99% survival rate
                  Effectiveness of the vaccine is dependent on your individual immune system and genetic makeup. People with too weak immune systems get little help from vaccines either. It is immune system doing the defensive work, not vaccine. Some people also have particular genes helping them. Analogue with computer systems: immune system is your personal antivirus program, vaccine it's description update.

What vaccines do is helping to raise the probability of your survival much much higher. Yeah, vaccines can be dangerous to some but it's rare. Like 1/100 000 have lethal reaction to vaccine (trombosis etc). Comparison: about 16% of people infected by Covid-19 experience trombs. Indian delta strain seems to be causing trombs so severe that it's causing gangrene in infected people's limbs. Not to mention fungus eating Indians with same covid-strain alive.

"1/100k vs 16%"..? Dunno whats there to argue about, should be crystal clear to even village idiots.

Covid mortality rate is highly variable. Age, genetic makeup, initial viral dose, chronic preconditions etc, availability of medical aid (hospitals not overloaded?). It could be less than 1%, could be more than 20%. Also virus strains differ in lethality and virulence. Alpha and delta strains (British and Indian) are much more lethal and virulent compared to original strain out of Wuhan.

Comment

I don't advocate anything. I just state what I think will happen.
                    No, you said "Thanks Darwin!"

Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post
                    While the vaccine is not 100% effective, it will provide at least some base immunity that makes a real infection less deadly.
                    That's called herd immunity, genius

Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post
                    And when we talk about a global population of 9bil people there will be a couple million dying of severe cases because they did not take the vaccine even if they had access to it. That is just a fact.
                    People die from drunk driving and eating unhealthy. That is just a fact. People are allowed to make stupid choices. Laws and enforcement protect most of us from drunk driving.

Originally posted by aht0
                    Effectiveness of the vaccine is dependent on your individual immune system and genetic makeup. People with too weak immune systems get little help from vaccines either. It is immune system doing the defensive work, not vaccine. Some people also have particular genes helping them. Analogue with computer systems: immune system is your personal antivirus program, vaccine it's description update.
                    I know how vaccines work. I was talking specifically to ZeroPoint in regards to him bringing up Darwin. It's logically inconsistent in response to what I said about herd immunity. Herd immunity protects the weak and vulnerable. There is no natural selection at play.

If you actually want to see some natural selection, then everyone should get infected and we should see who lives.

Covid mortality rate is highly variable.
                    There is consistency within the variables. Old people, fat people, and immunocompromised people. Aside from that, there are the environmental factors, specifically, if the hospital is overwhelmed with patients.

Alpha and delta strains (British and Indian) are much more lethal and virulent compared to original strain out of Wuhan.
                    From what I've been able to find is a claim of +60% (which just means 1.6% vs 1.0% if true)

Comment

Well I'm trying to reply to you, but my post has to be approved. To put it bluntly, the hospitals are incentivized by higher payouts for cases/deaths in the US. The cases themselves don't even have to be confirmed, only probable, which leads to a lot of pressure on doctors to label cases differently than they might do otherwise.
                      Yes, but do they fake death cases or are they just mislabeling them? Do you not see that it is completely irrelevant how those cases got labeled if you have numbers that are completely independent from anything related to covid that show that a lot more people are dying than normally over the year, and I mean A LOT. That anomaly alone can be used to get an idea about the mortality rate of covid, no labeling of doctors required.

Comment

Working...
                      X