Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lyamc View Post
    That’s not how that works. If most people have been vaccinated then natural selection isn’t a factor.
    We will not be able to eradicate the Virus. People will either get the vaccine at some point or they will eventually get sick from the virus.

Comment

• Originally posted by summand View Post

That's simply not true. Every medicine has to be tested in trials and evaluated later on. But for such high profile medicines like a covid or a possible treatment, the scrutiny is far higher. There is hardly a medicine out there that was tested more carefully and where the effects of the treatment are better monitored (if there any). "Everybody" is looking at these vaccines and the amount of research is staggering.
      Looking at the FDA website, as of 06/12/2021, the covid vaccines appear to still be under emergency use authorization and thus haven't actually passed the same standards we would expect of other vaccines.
      Certainly there haven't been any medical treatments that have been more political in the modern time than the covid vaccines and it would be foolish to rush into taking a rushed vaccine if you are a low risk individual.
      I am healthy enough to wait and be certain about my decision and appeals to authority from the likes of Torvalds, or even Gates, shouldn't sway anyone

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post
        We will not be able to eradicate the Virus. People will either get the vaccine at some point or they will eventually get sick from the virus.
        That doesn’t make sense.

Vaccines aren’t 100% effective

Covid has a 99% survival rate

Natural selection has nothing to do with anything so why even bring it up? If you get the virus and survive then you’re stronger than the person who would have died had they not gotten the vaccine. So I can’t tell if you’re advocating the death of old people in regards to natural selection, or the death of ignorant people who may or may not be to blame

Comment

• Originally posted by ddriver View Post
          Yes, millions of years of viruses, not million years of vaccines.
          I hope you get measles

Comment

• Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

Yeah, just like in Brazil, the Bozonaro influenced people to go out and get the disease, believing that "natural immunity" would work with covid as it was chicken pox.

We have almost 500k deaths and counting, it isn't worse because 3/5 of the population doesn't follow that piece of crap of human being
            Yes we supposedly also have that many deaths. Turns out people were counting almost anything as a death from this virus. Even if you died in a car accident, as long as you tested positive for this virus, that's how your death was marked. And of course there was a financial incentive for the hospitals to do this, so I can't blame them. It didn't help that the test for the virus itself was calibrated so poorly...

Comment

• Originally posted by lyamc View Post

That doesn’t make sense.

Vaccines aren’t 100% effective

Covid has a 99% survival rate

Natural selection has nothing to do with anything so why even bring it up? If you get the virus and survive then you’re stronger than the person who would have died had they not gotten the vaccine. So I can’t tell if you’re advocating the death of old people in regards to natural selection, or the death of ignorant people who may or may not be to blame
              I don't advocate anything. I just state what I think will happen. While the vaccine is not 100% effective, it will provide at least some base immunity that makes a real infection less deadly. Even if you are very unlikely to get a serious case or might even die, the chances of that happening when vaccinated are even lower.

And when we talk about a global population of 9bil people there will be a couple million dying of severe cases because they did not take the vaccine even if they had access to it. That is just a fact.

Math. And Darwin.

Comment

• Originally posted by rastersoft View Post

Yeah, sure... tell that to the millions of dead in Brazil and their families.
                There are not millions who died of the coronavirus in Brazil. If you believe that, then you're a gullible fool. I guess that goes without saying in this kind of thread though. Critical thinking or common sense have long been absent in society, exchanged for believing whatever is said on television. It's a sad state of affairs.

Comment

• Originally posted by krzyzowiec View Post

Yes we supposedly also have that many deaths. Turns out people were counting almost anything as a death from this virus. Even if you died in a car accident, as long as you tested positive for this virus, that's how your death was marked. And of course there was a financial incentive for the hospitals to do this, so I can't blame them. It didn't help that the test for the virus itself was calibrated so poorly...
                  You're SO right.

It's funny how people can't make their own research, the always have to follow somebody, either following the media, or following Bolzonaro, non is 100% safe. People feel fine following the (SO CONTROLLED) media, pointing out to not follow Donald or Bolsomito? Truly manchildren, not even self aware .

Comment

• Originally posted by krzyzowiec View Post
                    Turns out people were counting almost anything as a death from this virus. Even if you died in a car accident, as long as you tested positive for this virus, that's how your death was marked.
                    You know, you can obsess about who counted what to the wrong category wrong all day, if there is an extreme higher mortality rate you can deduce from that fact alone how deadly the virus is. And big surprise, it's even higher in the countries that did nothing to slow down the spreading.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZeroPointEnergy View Post

You know, you can obsess about who counted what to the wrong category wrong all day, if there is an extreme higher mortality rate you can deduce from that fact alone how deadly the virus is. And big surprise, it's even higher in the countries that did nothing to slow down the spreading.
                      Have you ever stopped to consider what you are saying? In the very same sentence you dismiss the importance of labeling virus deaths correctly, and also claim you can deduce how deadly the virus is from the mortality rate. How do you think we determine what the mortality rate is?

Comment

Working...
                      X