Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post
    How about stop yelling out half truths if you don't know what you are talking about ...
    This is exactly what you are doing however.

The vaccine does not fight the virus, this is true, it is your immune system that does the fighting. Viruses mutate, but the speed at which new mutations appear depends directly on the number of viruses in people's body. The more viruses you have in your body, the more the viruses replicate and the more replications there are the more mutations can occur. It is a simple causality. Thus, fighting the virus reduces the number of viruses and with it the number of replications, and thereby does the number of mutations decrease. There is however no hidden mechanic in place that would somehow increase mutations as viruses become less.

Vaccines then do not create more symptom-free people with infection, but we get less infected people overall. Continuous testing shows that vaccines have reduced the number of infections and that there are less people with the virus now. With less infected people then come less people with symptoms. There is again no hidden mechanic in place that would increase the number of infected but symptom-free people due to vaccines.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
      I like watching videos and TV shows with people who thought they could not get it, who thought it was a harmless flu, and then got it. The looks of remorse and regret on their faces always makes me chuckle. I know, I am evil, and they only did not know any better, but still - it is priceless. Life's a bitch and then you die.
      It goes both ways, lake that doctor that posted video from his jab making 5G and postvaxination-autism jokes. Few days later his employer and family posted note about their tragic and unexpected loss. I does not make me smile, that's always a tragedy!
      Main difference is that c-deaths can be minimised with quick and proper treatment.

Comment

• Originally posted by nokipaike View Post
        So from 2020 onwards, the immune systems of people who overcome the disease are no longer able to extinguish pandemics naturally ...
        This is also not true. Vaccines actually trigger the body's natural defense - your immune system - and train it to fight the virus. A vaccine lets your body experience an infection without the full blown disease, that as we know can kill people. Thus do we not only train people's immune system, but we enable weak people to actually survive it and to allow their body to fight off future waves of the virus in the most natural way - through their immune system.

Comment

• Ah, the Internet, the Great Equalizer.

It's a place where the right to be stupid has been proudly affirmed.

On Internet, there are no lies, misstatements. Alternative facts are always true, they are just alternative, but true.

It's an environment where being uninformed is symmetrically equivalent to knowing and therefore as valid... as an alternative.

On Internet, everything is true which unfortunately means that ninety-five per cent of it is pure BS.

A web page published on a whim is as potent as a book an author spent months or years to write with additional months or years of editorial work done by others before publication.

On Internet, you can read everything and its contrary thus comforting you in your existing ideas and beliefs. Feeling insecure?

It's so easy, use your keyboard and you can say or claim whatever you want, the ultimate sin is to think about it before posting it.

The Internet, the ultimate world where the only rule is: me, me, me! I'll say anything, really, whatever you want, but please look at me, me, me!

Just look into the mirror and ask yourself: who am I?

Welcome to the unplugged world.
          Last edited by domih; 11 June 2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ozeszty View Post
            It goes both ways, lake that doctor that posted video from his jab making 5G and postvaxination-autism jokes. Few days later his employer and family posted note about their tragic and unexpected loss. I does not make me smile, that's always a tragedy!
            Main difference is that c-deaths can be minimised with quick and proper treatment.
            No, it does not make me chuckle either. There are people who are aware of the deadliness, who fight it, but die. And there are those who are ignorant, survive, but are full of remorse and regret to have thought it could not affect them. The later are the ones I find amusing.

It is also not true that people with the virus had a better chance of survival than those who take the vaccine. Infected people still die from other causes than from a failure of the respiratory system. We did not eradicate all forms of death for infected people and made them immortal for the period of their infection. So does anyone who died from cancer while being infected not count as a COVID death when they only had mild symptoms.

The deaths caused by vaccines are however still being counted in a wider sense, and contain even suicides from mental disorders. Vaccines do cause deaths, but because the number of all known deaths in connection to a vaccination is so small is it also harder to tell if there really is a connection. We know too little, and there to believe the COVID virus was more survivable than its vaccination is dangerous and unfounded.
            Last edited by sdack; 11 June 2021, 06:45 PM.

Comment

This is also not true. Vaccines actually trigger the body's natural defense - your immune system - and train it to fight the virus. A vaccine lets your body experience an infection without the full blown disease, that as we know can kill people. Thus do we not only train people's immune system, but we enable weak people to actually survive it and to allow their body to fight off future waves of the virus in the most natural way - through their immune system.
              this virus, is "so dangerous" for 90 percent of people, that they have had to invent the term "asymptomatic positives" ... meaning that many people have caught the virus, their immune systems have beaten the virus without they don't even show symptoms, and many people are therefore already immune without even knowing they have contracted the virus and defeated it. the funny thing is that many of them are panicking about this virus because of the manipulative news and can't wait to get vaccinated.

Comment

• What a commie shitshow this thead is .........

Comment

No, it does not make me chuckle either. There are people who are aware of the deadliness, who fight it, but die. And there are those who are ignorant, survive, but are full of remorse and regret to have thought it could not affect them. The later are the ones I find amusing.
                  Humane (not humanitarian) reaction, but still low.
                  Probability is on the latter group's side, from testing for antibodies it turned out that how much, ~80% didn't even knew they where through it and already developed antibodies?
                  Nonetheless, hope for the best, plan for the worst. Healthier lifestyle should make one's life better anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                    In short, get vaccinated regardless of the vaccine type offered.
                    Thanks but I will pass vaxx for "deadly" virus with 99.9944% survival rate (in my age group). You go ahead and take it if you like beta testing.

Comment

• Originally posted by nokipaike View Post
                      this virus, is "so dangerous" for 90 percent of people, that they have had to invent the term "asymptomatic positives" ... meaning that many people have caught the virus, their immune systems have beaten the virus without they don't even show symptoms, and many people are therefore already immune without even knowing they have contracted the virus and defeated it. the funny thing is that many of them are panicking about this virus because of the manipulative news and can't wait to get vaccinated.
                      True, but because an immunity does not last forever nor does it necessarily work universally for all variants, do people want to be certain and not leave it to chance, but make sure they have continued protection.
                      Last edited by sdack; 11 June 2021, 07:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X