Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by piorunz View Post

Re-evaluation of existing results? They will have plenty to revaluate then... VAERS record: https://medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfi...ID19)&DIED=Yes
    " Found 5,165 cases where Vaccine is COVID19 and Patient Died"
    And what are you trying to prove here? Take a very large sample of people (here we are talking about millions who have received the vaccine), give them a glass of water, you will find a few weeks later that a number of them will be dead. That does not prove that drinking water causes death. Correlation does not mean causation. This is science 101. This is why you compare to control samples to see whether there is an excess of mortality in one group or if there is a specific pattern in the deaths. Now please read your own links and look at the “write-up” section. Vaccines have proven to be overwhelmingly safe and certainly considerably safer than actually getting a full-fledged covid-19 infection (which will also “vaccine” you, if you survive). Side effects tend to be mild and of short duration. There is a very small number of fatalities, but again, much fewer than with a covid-19 infection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marco-GG View Post
      Remaining capacity == leftovers. Not even Europe received the number of vaccines they were promised. US should stop being hypocrite and say that they care about the rest of the world, this whole situation of the corona showed that anyone that isn't a US citizen is just accessory. All this "we care about everyone" is just a lie, you just care that we produce what you want when you want. But hey, never forget that the only bad guys of the world are the Chinese and Russian government.
      Dude, a country that doesn't address its citizens' problems first is not long for this world. As for European countries not receiving the promised number of vaccines, that is partly due to that increased order for vaccines done as a stunt by the Biden Administration (they ordered 50% more than we already had ordered); but mostly due to Europe waiting until the middle of the year to place their orders. The UK ordered their vaccines three months earlier than Western European countries, and they received the orders about that much earlier.

If you wanted to receive your order earlier, you at very least had to order earlier rather than waiting for more bids.
      Last edited by microcode; 11 June 2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Med_ View Post

And what are you trying to prove here? Take a very large sample of people (here we are talking about millions who have received the vaccine), give them a glass of water, you will find a few weeks later that a number of them will be dead. That does not prove that drinking water causes death. Correlation does not mean causation. This is science 101. This is why you compare to control samples to see whether there is an excess of mortality in one group or if there is a specific pattern in the deaths. Now please read your own links and look at the “write-up” section. Vaccines have proven to be overwhelmingly safe and certainly considerably safer than actually getting a full-fledged covid-19 infection (which will also “vaccine” you, if you survive). Side effects tend to be mild and of short duration. There is a very small number of fatalities, but again, much fewer than with a covid-19 infection.
        I am not trying to prove anything. Is the vaccines who need to be proven safe first. So far, this is not the case. That's why I said that I rather wait to see the results first. Let volunteers go first and see how is spike protein treating them.
        Besides, vaccines are notoriously unsafe for humans, this is not me saying it, it's decades of scientific data:

Comment

• Originally posted by blackiwid View Post

A the media misrepresents the data on this and of course because we know about the the condition only since a good year the data is short / medium data on this, but they always mention in news some numbers that include cases where people had for 8 weeks problems then show the most extreme cases and imply that all this % they mentioned before are all like that.

But we have here 1 scandal after another, after in basically every European country some people scamed with masks to get some money, now we know that one of the major numbers of what the lock-down was based on the rate of how many intensive hospital places were still free was not only wrong, because hospital got more money if they said that most places are full, but that the government knew about that scam, that's a German lie, in the US you have proven lies of the faucci guy.

So we have much lies and half trues about this, so why should when the risk is low for a person he risk to become victim of another lie. Many people lost their jobs because of the hospital scams that was used to make a harder lockdown, likely it was intentionally done to get the wanted panic effect, that the government officially wanted (it was not the word panic but fear).

So we operate in a situation where politicians cherry pick scientists that say what they want and then intentionally spread lies, and now we that are a bit sceptic after falling victim to that, are the evil ones?

I don't fall on either side very strongly, I am no expert, but if my risk without vaccines and there are not even enough vaccines for all the people that want it there, here in germany, I surely will not rush to get it, science gets more accurate over time the longer you delay a vaccine the more we know and we can make a more informed decision. Sure I have to balance that out with the risk of getting the virus and getting hurt, depending on your risk factors how much contacts you have how old you are and how your age is and your sex you come to different conclusion.
          But it's clearly not ohh those that take the vaccine are 100% correct and made a good decision and those that did not do it yet are 100% bad...

Where do you end that, those that don't take the flu shot, are also despicable people that should be fired everywhere? Just when I think about it, we closed schools based on this back then by the politic known scam hospital numbers, so we made children sick, get them more overweight, some might have done suicide, some people will divorced etc... all the things happend because of this scam... unbelivable, but we now are supposed to trust their analysis or trust a through and through evil person like bill gates? Wtf.

Gates intentionally refused access from other countries from producing the vaccine, so he tries to make money with death people... so we should trust such murderers?
          The first things first:

You have a ton of risk of getting covid itself before you get vaccine. So delaying it, is also a risk way bigger then vaccine itself.

2nd. Vaccine is well tested, as it is monitored medicine that already 100+ milions of people took around the earth. Side effects are well known. You won't learn anything new about it, you will hear random bullshits over internet like someone died after vaccine except rate of death is enormously low, so low you could die due to any cause totally unrelated to vaccine.

3rd. Mechanism of how vaccines work, and how immune system works with vaccines is very well researched topics. So even getting an untested vaccine nowadays with current health standards is relativly low risk, especially that first tests are done on animals before any people are involved.

Get on my level, i have 2 ultra rare diseases, that are lethal untreated, full mechanism of them how they work is not exactly well known (like cause is unknown), I use medicine that cannot be tested on particulary a lot of people because disease is rare., and that medicine yes is extremly impactful. And yes, i take it because by pure risk analysis it is better for me.

When I hear people crumble in fear from a bit of headaches/fever 1-3 days after getting vaccine, I am like.... I despise you. I despise you how weak you are and how shortsightened you are, and how uneducated you are.

And I am just saying, I talked with professor of immunological diseases about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morty View Post

No, phase 3 is ended. They would not have got the emergency use FDA approval before finishing phase 3.
            You are stumbling on a technicality here: we are still in Phase 3 because we are pre-approval. Phase 4 (post approval validation) has not started yet, so Phase 3 is the current status. Phase 3 has not ended, the FDA simply deemed the extent of the existing Phase 3 data sufficient for emergency use authorization.

P.S. Also, an Emergency Use Authorization is not "FDA approval", adding the words FDA approval does not make it so. The Emergency Use Authorization is meant to be a stopgap between a point where there is no effective treatment, and the point where an effective treatment is developed; it is predicated on the knowledge that there are no approved alternatives for treating a disease, and that the harms are imminent. An approved medicine can not receive an EUA, because that medicine would disqualify all EUAs including its own by virtue of being a viable treatment.
            Last edited by microcode; 11 June 2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• For those criticizing Linus for advising without being a Medicine Doctor: he is not making diagnosis neither applying any treatment. He is anger at people spreading dangerous misinformation and advises following the recommendation of Health Authorities (including the authorities in the USA, were Linus resides, and Germany, where the other guy presumably lives) of general vaccination of adults with the authorized vaccines. He is not advising that people should vaccine themselves, it's clear to me that he means following the approved procedures to get vaccinated under medical supervision.

Comment

• Originally posted by microcode View Post

There are alternative ways to prevent infections, and you can apply your argument about the lifetime effects to vaccines as well; there is mounting evidence of long term effects that may turn into serious disease.
                Doubt!

Comment

• Originally posted by theriddick View Post

Doubt!
                  Okay, what about this do you doubt, and why?

Comment

• I only think of one thing, that if television and newspapers had not started this insidious aggressive and persistent propaganda by transforming a flu a little more serious than the others, into a mass psychosis, no one would have given it all this importance.
                    At least in this historical period I have learned much better about how mankind works. Before this event, I was also asking how the atrocities that happened in the period of the Second World War could happen (racial laws, totalitarian regimes, total wars all against all, holocausts etc ...) ... well, I must admit that now I do not stay surprised more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      Linus Torvalds is an expert in Computer Science he is not an Expert in medicine... he has no fucking clue what he is talking about.

the corona virus vaccine is not something good what protects you it is no vaccine at all it is a bio-chemical weapon who does in fact sterilize men(it targets seed stem cells in the testes) and it also attacks placenta of pregnant women causing abortion to it is in fact a depopulation weapon. the spike protein is proofed to be a poly pharmacy toxiology poison it damanges blood vessels and cause blood clot what ends deathly. studies also show that vaccinated test subjects who come into contact with wild virus variants all die because of immune system overreaction.

it is not only poly pharmacy toxiology it is also self-multiplying and self-spreading poison because vaccines people spread the spike protein to other people who then itself become spike protein producers...
                      So.. as an expert, you must be posting from a bioweapon lab then?

Comment

Working...
                      X