Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morty View Post
    In this case it's actually good to do some research before you speak, and not spread nonsense.

The clinical trials are finished, the phase 3 trails where finished in November-January(depending on vaccine). There will be no more clinical trails for this, as they are already done. The things required for getting it to an non emergency use approval is pure bureaucracy.
    I am sorry but you are spreading misinformation. If you want to be a test subject, please go ahead.
    I prefer to read this on FDA.gov website:
    "The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine has not undergone the same type of review as
    an FDA-approved or cleared product."
    (..)
    "The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may (?!) prevent you from getting
    COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to
    prevent COVID-19."
    (and so on)

As my survival rate is 99.9944%, I will wait until approval is available and thorough testing has been done.

Comment

• If your vax works then it doesn't matter whether I take it or not. I refuse to take a "vaccine" for a disease that has a %99.97 survival rate. Linus can blow it out his rear-end right along with Bill Gates....

Comment

• Originally posted by microcode View Post

Not only that, but in your country, Tess Laurie and her BIRD group have an alternative to the vaccines that has a long history of safety in doses advocated for preventing COVID-19, which is roughly as effective as the vaccines are against their target variants, and maintains that effectiveness across variants (unlike the vaccines, so far).

There is no justification for mass vaccination of children, and nobody should be pressured to accept these vaccines despite their concerns, in the context of the viable alternatives.

DISCLAIM: I did not read your naturalnews links, and can not vouch for them.
        Thanks for info.
        If you, or someone, find naturalnews source untrostworthy, here is the UK government source:

That's vaccines adverse reactions database for the UK. I've compiled some data from it for AstraZeneca vaccine:

AstraZeneca :695k reactions from 189k people, 831 fatalities

General disorders 222k (291 fatal)
        Nervous system disorders 150k (146 fatal)
        Muscle & tissue disorders 85k (1 fatal)
        Gastrointestinal disorders 69k (11 fatal)
        Skin disorders 42k (1 fatal)
        Respiratory disorders 22.5k (107 fatal)
        Infections 14700 (70 fatal)
        Psychiatric disorders 14000 (3 fatal)
        Eye disorders 11000 (0 fatal)
        Vascular disorders 9500 (50 fatal)
        Metabolic disorders 7700 (7 fatal)
        Ear disorders 7200 (0 fatal)
        Cardiac disorders 7200 (110 fatal)
        Injuries 6200 (2 fatal)
        Blood disorders 6000 (8 fatal)
        (list goes on like this for

That's complications (and deaths) reported after taking an AstraZeneca vaccine. And remember, you have 99.9944% survival rate if you are in 30-39 age group. Read, and weight your risks.

Comment

• There is significant evidence to show the lifetime ill effects of having covid-19 far out way any tested vaccine. Short term you can loose taste/smell and other obvious problems, long term you can suffer organ damage, from c-19. This is on top of all the deaths.

There just isn't a valid argument to be made for herd immunity via spreading and mutating c-19 around a community VS getting a broad protection vaccine.
          But we live in a society where crazy ideas float to the top, not much anyone can do about it.
          Just gotta continue on living our lives the best we can, I very much doubt anyone will convince anyone else to get vaccinated or not here in forum chat
          Last edited by theriddick; 11 June 2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sdack View Post
            Even if the rate was 50% or less, why bother? When you are dead, then you are dead. All this number crunching is just "survival angst".

But I do get that when I transmit the virus to only one person and it makes them sick, then this is something I have to carry on my conscience for the rest of my life. It is then not even about them dying. It is those who survive with a damaged lung, and other damaged organs, which we will only learn more about in the coming years, that survivors have to live with. Do I really want to meet these people in a few years from now, look into their faces and say, "Sorry you got it bad, but I just cannot risk my life for you. It is either you or me, I am sure you understand." ... Does this sound like something you want to say then?
            There are other ways to avoid being a viral vector, and vaccines may be a less effective way to do this than those alternatives (because you will be several days into an infection before they can affect your viral load).

Comment

Well, the plan was to send them in the first place. The previous President ordered enough doses to vaccinate all the adults in the country, but the remaining capacity was explicitly meant for export.
              Remaining capacity == leftovers. Not even Europe received the number of vaccines they were promised. US should stop being hypocrite and say that they care about the rest of the world, this whole situation of the corona showed that anyone that isn't a US citizen is just accessory. All this "we care about everyone" is just a lie, you just care that we produce what you want when you want. But hey, never forget that the only bad guys of the world are the Chinese and Russian government.

Comment

• Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                There is significant evidence to show the lifetime ill effects of having covid-19 far out way any tested vaccine. Short term you can loose taste/smell and other obvious problems, long term you can suffer organ damage, from c-19. This is on top of all the deaths.

There just isn't a valid argument to be made for herd immunity via spreading and mutating c-19 around a community VS getting a broad protection vaccine. But we live in a society were crazy ideas float to the top, not much anyone can do about it. We just gotta continue on living our lives the best we can, I very much doubt anyone will convince anyone else to get vaccinated or not here in forum chat
                There are alternative ways to prevent infections, and you can apply your argument about the lifetime effects to vaccines as well; there is mounting evidence of long term effects that may turn into serious disease.

Comment

Not only that, but in your country, Tess Laurie and her BIRD group have an alternative to the vaccines that has a long history of safety in doses advocated for preventing COVID-19, which is roughly as effective as the vaccines are against their target variants, and maintains that effectiveness across variants (unlike the vaccines, so far).

There is no justification for mass vaccination of children, and nobody should be pressured to accept these vaccines despite their concerns, in the context of the viable alternatives.

DISCLAIM: I did not read your naturalnews links, and can not vouch for them.
                  Thanks for info.
                  If you, or someone, find naturalnews source untrostworthy, here is the UK government source:

That's vaccines adverse reactions database for the UK. I've compiled some data from it for AstraZeneca vaccine:

AstraZeneca :695k reactions from 189k people, 831 fatalities

General disorders 222k (291 fatal)
                  Nervous system disorders 150k (146 fatal)
                  Muscle and tissue disorders 85k (1 fatal)
                  Gastrointestinal disorders 69k (11 fatal)
                  Skin disorders 42k (1 fatal)
                  Respiratory disorders 22.5k (107 fatal)
                  Infections 14700 (70 fatal)
                  Psychiatric disorders 14000 (3 fatal)
                  Eye disorders 11000 (0 fatal)
                  Vascular disorders 9500 (50 fatal)
                  Metabolic disorders 7700 (7 fatal)
                  Ear disorders 7200 (0 fatal)
                  Cardiac disorders 7200 (110 fatal)
                  Injuries 6200 (2 fatal)
                  Blood disorders 6000 (8 fatal)
                  (list goes on like this for 110 pages)

That's complications (and deaths) reported after taking an AstraZeneca vaccine. And remember, you have 99.9944% survival rate if you are in 30-39 age group. Read, and weight your risks.

EDIT: I just downloaded new PDF from government website. Number of reported adverse reaction is now 717000. That's up from 659000 when I checked it last weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by staggerlee View Post
                    If your vax works then it doesn't matter whether I take it or not. I refuse to take a "vaccine" for a disease that has a %99.97 survival rate.
                    The virus can also only cause you to lose your sense of taste for months or permanently. You think a life without tasting drink and food is worth it?

Comment

There are other ways to avoid being a viral vector
                      Not only are there other ways, but one can make them work together in combination for greater effect!

Comment

Working...
                      X