Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hipower View Post
    However, as a healthy 25 year old I will hold off being vaccinated for a year or two as I don't believe that the risk of receiving a novel vaccination is outweighed by the risk of contracting Covid and the potential complications that could follow.
    Then you don't understand the true risks of Covid. The problem is not "dying", but "surviving with sequels". You don't know what is the "mental fuzziness" that about 10% of the survivors have (literally being unable to maintain a long conversation, or to do simple tasks, because they can't concentrate). To think "I'm young, Covid won't do any harm to me more than a week with flu-like symptoms" is a very naive assumption.

Also, the spike is exactly the same than the one in the virus, which means that when (yes, "when", not "if", because sooner or later you will be exposed) you get the Covid, you will have EXACTLY THE SAME SPIKE running through your entire body, but this time attached to a fully functional virus.

Comment

Sure. Basically, if you believe that a) vaccines work (a fact) and b) socially responsible persons should vaccinate themselves, then you are leftist SJW who wants to destroy free speech. Jesus fucking Christ, a detachment from reality of some people... LOL

Comment

Originally posted by mdedetrich View Post
        you have to deal with the fact that the collective decisions which literally prevent people dying have a higher priority then your individual health decision.
        You leftists need to deal with the fact that your collectivist fetishism is offputting and dangerous. If your "individual health decision" truly is sound then the vast majority of people will make the same decision and you'll have your coveted "herd immunity" without coercing anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by krzyzowiec
          Most people probably already have natural immunity so the vaccines are pointless. It’s more of a scheme to help pharmaceutical companies make money.
          Yeah, sure... tell that to the millions of dead in Brazil and their families.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCool View Post
            Just a question, are Linux mailing lists still related to Linux kernel?

Please keep politics and other topics away from technical mailing lists. It's unprofessional. I don't care if you are pro or anti vaccination.
            I agree but that includes Linus, he could have made a similar comment without all his counter claims which includes false or at least unproven and unlikely information that the vaccine was "largly" responsible for the lower corona numbers in Germany now, yes you can criticize the other person making that statement but that does not make his statement ok. His ego and opinion got into the way of staying just professional.

That's why I like anonymity, you can test arguments, refine them, but if you post your half baked opinions especially as famous person under your full name, it's just silly, same is true for the person he answered, too, especially because he did not kept his statement in possibilities like "it could..." "it's unclear if..." or something but he made strong statements and if he has not a medical doctor in some of that fields I just would be very careful with such language, especially if you do it under your full name even with your employer mail address it's just stupid. You can't then really whine about cancel culture if it hit's you.

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
              Sure. Basically, if you believe that a) vaccines work (a fact) and b) socially responsible persons should vaccinate themselves, then you are leftist SJW who wants to destroy free speech. Jesus fucking Christ, a detachment from reality of some people... LOL
              Each different vaccine has a different efficacy rating. Pfizer 95% Moderna 94%, AstraZeneca 80%, China's mostly in the 60-70% range. To say it "works" and "a fact" is too simple. Even with 95% Pfizer, data has shown that even with both injections, you still get 0.01% chance of getting infected. It is simply statistical. And when you inject with China's 60% efficacy ones, the chance of not protecting yourself is greatly increased. Considering that the Virus is still mutating, it could be that most of the vaccines will be deprecated against newer variants before year end, and vaccination would be a yearly ordeal for 3-5 years.

Comment

Of course. It's too simple minded to declare something as "working" if probability of working after both injections is mere 99,99%. It's too low. We should discuss this. First we should define terms. Let's start by defining what "define" means. Oh, just fuck off LOL

Comment

deep

It's sad, but true. Linus became an idiot or just sold himself. When comes to vacines it seems nobody read vacine notes from producents. I would never used such cr*p. I had covid and after three days I was alright. It took me three weeks to fully recover, but my vacinated friends suffered much more. Few nearly died from vacines.

Comment

Originally posted by Volta View Post
                    deep

It's sad, but true. Linus became an idiot or just sold himself. When comes to vacines it seems nobody read vacine notes from producents. I would never used such cr*p. I had covid and after three days I was alright. It took me three weeks to fully recover, but my vacinated friends suffered much more. Few nearly died from vacines.
                    And they were attacked by unicorns too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drakonas777 View Post
                      Of course. It's too simple minded to declare something as "working" if probability of working after both injections is mere 99,99%. It's too low. We should discuss this. First we should define terms. Let's start by defining what "define" means. Oh, just fuck off LOL
                      0.01% is currently known data of people getting infected after both Pfizer injections. It does not guarantee against newer variants, or even guarantees over time horizon, meaning over time, the data will increase.

Also governments of the world are choosing vaccines for its populations. I personally want to inject the Moderna 94% one, due to pre-existing conditions. Yet it is not available in my region. So for example, if you live in Europe or Asia where mRNA vaccines are unavailable, and your government pays for a vaccine that has less efficacy or has more known side effects or harms a specific preexisting condition like heart issue or diabetes. Would you inject a vaccine knowing it is less than 60,70-80% efficient but that's the only one your government will pay for for political reasons?

So nice to use the words "fuck off". Just makes your arguments so much more believable.

Comment

Working...
                      X