Linus Torvalds Encourages Kernel Developers & Everyone To Get Vaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raploz View Post

Since you're concerned about spike proteins spreading and causing problems, you should know Sars-Cov-2 also spreads to the brain and various other organs and makes cells produce spikes there. If anything, getting Covid (even if asymptomatic) carries a much higher risk of causing long term problems than a vaccine that will degrade in just a few hours to days. That being said, without vaccination it's very likely that, given enough time, the vast majority of people would get Covid and suffer from problems caused by the spikes anyway. In that case, it's still more beneficial to get the vaccine than the disease itself.

But that risk is hypothetical anyway.
    Long-Covid isn't hypothetical. Its real.
    the range of symptoms start at a reduced lung functionality to serious health problems. There are reports of people who could runs quarter or half marathons and have now problems of taking the stairs to their apartments. Some people have memory problems, others get problems with some other organ. The range of symptoms of long covid is long, since the receptors of the protein are everywhere in the human body.
    the people who are affected ranges from people who got very serious cases of Covid to people who had no symptoms which got problems after months.

Comment

Waiting for all those tin foil capped "wizards" to include Torvalds to their conspiracies list along with Reptilian Zuckerberg, Jews, Illuminati, etc.

Because Torvalds "owns" the whole Linux kernel (which is everywhere, even in the chipped COVID-19 vaccine ), and that's his weapon to purge the earth from the intelligence

Comment

Originally posted by Templar82 View Post
        Right so we know the immediate side effects, I wonder what things are going to develop in the next 10 years.
        World renowened virologist Luc Montagnier, NOBEL prize winner, said that they don't have to live much and we need to start thinking about cremating the bodies. But apparently Michael knows better than him, and we can always trust big pharma and their shills to ignore profit making and give us valid info. So Michael removes any post that doesn't contain big pharma propaganda, for no reason. I suppose world renowned virologists and nobel prize winners saying that these injections could be dangerous is something that needs no consideration whatsoever, we just need to believe to St Fauci's cult and big pharma who have already been PROVEN to lie again and again. How many times have big pharma gone to court for selling dangerous drugs and scaming people? These people are not saints, and they are not the end-all to medicine authority, like they pretend to be.

Comment

Originally posted by hipower View Post
          I hardly think the LKML is the place to be discussing vaccination and I can understand why it has upset Linus.

However, as a healthy 25 year old I will hold off being vaccinated for a year or two as I don't believe that the risk of receiving a novel vaccination is outweighed by the risk of contracting Covid and the potential complications that could follow.

A few weeks ago I assisted my two over-80 grandparents with booking their appointments and they will soon be having their second doses. They both decided that the for their individual circumstances (high risk age group+comorbodites) vaccination made sense so I assisted them gladly.

When did individuals performing their own assessments (particularly when dealing with a relatively untested treatment) and making decisions regarding their own health become an act deserving of public shame?
          Because most individuals don't know what they are talking about and in this specific case its incredibly selfish. Apart from protecting yourself, the actual major point of getting a vaccine is to help everyone around you by achieving herd immunity and by not doing this you are actively harming others.

Its like smoking which effects everyone around you with passive smoke, when your personal decisions effect not only yourself then I am sorry you have to deal with the fact that the collective decisions which literally prevent people dying have a higher priority then your individual health decision.

Comment

Originally posted by deep
            Linus is a corporate tool and sell out.

All these sheep herders like distrotube/luke smith posting cringy "linux is freedom; linux is choice, etc.." meme vids are just grifters.

Here's some facts they don't/want to tell you
            "They" don't have to tell me, none of your amazing facts are more than a few clicks away.

a.) the kernel is big tech controlled; check out what entities contributes the most code year after year
            Well duh. Open source != hobbyist. I gather you would prefer that the GAFAM develop proprietary OSes rather than contribute to Linux, then?

b.) check donations to linux foundation
            Anyone is more than welcome to contribute and donate.

c.) they all run the latest and greatest proprietary tech courtesy of their small brained fans
            Who is "they"? Anyway, whoever that is, they run whatever suits them.

d.) illusion of choice; when hardware dictates software; choice is null
            Non sequitur. FOSS is about the four freedoms. The "choice" ideology is orthogonal to it and is something that some people are trying to retrofit on it, but is neither there or there. Generally speaking proprietary software offers vastly more "choice" than FOSS. The whole point of the GNU Project was in effect to give up choice for freedom.

Thanks you for attending my red pill talk.
            You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post

World renowened virologist Luc Montagnier, NOBEL prize winner, said that they don't have to live much and we need to start thinking about cremating the bodies. But apparently Michael knows better than him, and we can always trust big pharma and their shills to ignore profit making and give us valid info. So Michael removes any post that doesn't contain big pharma propaganda, for no reason. I suppose world renowned virologists and nobel prize winners saying that these injections could be dangerous is something that needs no consideration whatsoever, we just need to believe to St Fauci's cult and big pharma who have already been PROVEN to lie again and again. How many times have big pharma gone to court for selling dangerous drugs and scaming people? These people are not saints, and they are not the end-all to medicine authority, like they pretend to be.
              Amazing. Now you're spreading fake news. Do your due diligence and please do some research before regurgitating fake information you see online, it takes less than a minute. That quote is misattributed to him. Although he criticizes vaccines, he never said people would die by taking them.
              Last edited by Raploz; 11 June 2021, 04:02 AM.

Comment

It's always nice to see how COVID19 or LGBTQ+ related topics expose uneducated pieces of shit in this forum.

Comment

Just a question, are Linux mailing lists still related to Linux kernel?

Please keep politics and other topics away from technical mailing lists. It's unprofessional. I don't care if you are pro or anti vaccination.
                  Last edited by WalterCool; 11 June 2021, 03:49 AM.

Comment

How nice to have Linus Torvalds himself to tell the anti-vax people to shut up on the kernel mailing list yet him being an anti-antivax person can open his yapper on his own list without repercussions. Kind of like Twitter, a 140 character database lookup service or Facebook that was supposed to help liberate free speech yet will not let Donald Trump speak the truth. Something about the leftists. Even Torvalds himself, who famously showed his middle finger to NVidia for having binary blob drivers, was totally wrong about Nvidia. If you listened, you would have lost a few millions of dollars of investments.

Leftist views. what a pitty. While I support vaccination, I support letting people decide for themselves whether or not to inject themselves with something foreign.

Comment

It's ironic how even in this thread antivaxers are saying obvious nonsense if you have any knowledge of the human body.

Now, I am not targeting you with what I said above, but I would like to answer your post:

Originally posted by hipower View Post
                      However, as a healthy 25 year old I will hold off being vaccinated for a year or two as I don't believe that the risk of receiving a novel vaccination is outweighed by the risk of contracting Covid and the potential complications that could follow.

A few weeks ago I assisted my two over-80 grandparents with booking their appointments and they will soon be having their second doses. They both decided that the for their individual circumstances (high risk age group+comorbodites) vaccination made sense so I assisted them gladly.

When did individuals performing their own assessments (particularly when dealing with a relatively untested treatment) and making decisions regarding their own health become an act deserving of public shame?
                      Well, that is a very selfish way of thinking. It's your right, mind you. But by contracting the disease, you participate to its spread. Vaccines are not 100% effective, so if you want to protect your grandparents and see them often, I'd advise you to get a dose.

Moreover, the "risk [associated with] getting a novel vaccination" seems to be extremely low, it seems (though I'll concede we don't have long-term data on this). In contrast, even in your (our) age group, the complications can be severely debilitating and are a few orders of magnitude more likely to happen than those associated with getting vaccinated. I would also like to point-out that we don't yet have long-term data on how this infection affects the human body. And I doubt it's better than the vaccine in any way, especially given all the possible variants: at least, with the vaccine, you know which one you are getting/you got.

You become deserving of public shame when you try to spread lies publicly. I haven't read the original e-mail, but the rebuttal makes it pretty clear that it was full of nonsense and lies like FUD about modifying genetic code.

Comment

Working...
                      X